PDA

View Full Version : I got a new dress!

Nobones
07-30-2007, 01:16 PM
O.k, so I know to some people that's like, 'So'. But this is my first brand new non charity shop dress for over a year, and I'm thrilled to have have it.

It's black with white polka dots on and a lovely full skirt.

It's such a treat and I can't wait to wear it.

:woohoo:

Big hugs to my wonderful Hubby who bought it for me xxxx

stirsmommy
07-30-2007, 01:20 PM
:woohoo: What a great hubby. I know what you mean, I was thrilled to get jeans with no holes in the knees last month!

Jan in CA
07-30-2007, 01:36 PM
:cheering::cheering::cheering:

HamaLee
07-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Pretty modeling pictures to follow, yes?
:flirt:

:teehee:

zkimom
07-30-2007, 01:49 PM
A new dress, how lovely, Ellie!

As my grandmother (and mother) would say, "Wear it in good health!"

Model it for us and post some pics!

Best,
Susan

Kaydee
07-30-2007, 01:57 PM
:cheering: I hope we're going to see some lovely pictures soon!

dustinac
07-30-2007, 02:24 PM
:happydance:How sweet of your hubby!!!

I don't like buying clothes.. I'd rather take that money and buy yarn... this past Dec. my dh finally said GO GET YOU SOME JEANS... I had lost a lot of weight and was rolling them at the waist...:rofl:

PaperGirl
07-30-2007, 03:53 PM
As a mom of 3 kids...I know your feeling!

Its such FUN to get brand new clothes for YOU! My kids and hubby get all the new stuff...they have school and work...while I have, well, housework. And who wears new jeans to vacuum?

Although, I do admit to wearing my tiara when I do laundry..sometimes...:angelgrin:

KnittingNat
07-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Enjoy your new dress, Ellie! Is it 50's style? I love those, but my hips are against it:roflhard:! I finally got myself a few new tops, because last year's ones are getting ruined by constant sweating and heat :waah:. How are you feeling?

Nobones
07-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys, I will take a photo tomorrow and post it.

I'm feeling better Thanks, I was taking some new drugs but they disagreed with me and I'm back on the old ones. But my back is much better, it still hurts a bit, not half as much as before and the injection got rid of the nasty headaches.

BostonBecca
07-30-2007, 10:28 PM
I am so glad you are feeling better and got a new dress! There is nothing like a flattering new piece of clothing to make you feel really good. You deserve it!

scout52
07-31-2007, 02:29 AM
whoohoo congrats on your dress!! can't wait to see the pics!!

Nobones
07-31-2007, 07:01 AM
Here it is! My new dress, it won't be to everyones tastes but I love it. It makes me feel special.

It's not full length, it comes to down to the knee.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/elliefrock.jpg

zkimom
07-31-2007, 07:14 AM
Ellie,

It's gorgeous!

You so deserve that beautiful dress.

Best,
Susan

Mulderknitter
07-31-2007, 09:00 AM
That really is cute! I can't remember the last time I even wore a dress?:roflhard:

Kaydee
07-31-2007, 10:03 AM
So pretty!!! I love polka dots.

Mariblue
07-31-2007, 10:31 AM
That's a great dress! It'll look really nice on you! :cheering:

marykz
07-31-2007, 10:42 AM
so cute!!! I bet you look fabulous. I'm SOOO glad you are feeling a bit better. Yay for a new dress!!!

DQ
07-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Wow!! It's lovely :heart: I bet you look fabby in it :mrgreen:

HamaLee
07-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Oooh, I love it--it's so sweet. I'd love to wear that style, I think it's fabulous and fun, but I just can't quite get away with it.

Wear it well and enjoy!

LibraryLady
07-31-2007, 12:30 PM
:woot:Purty Purty! Nice dress! :woohoo:

:flirt: Say, gf, I'm going to meet my future in-laws next month, mind if I borrow it? :roflhard: (majorly just kidding)

It does look like what I want to get, though. I haven't bought anything new, also, in what seems like forever.

LL

Nobones
07-31-2007, 12:57 PM
I feel really guilty about buying it now. I didn't need it, I just really liked it and it fit so nice which is really unusual for me I normally have to alter things to fit.

LibraryLady
07-31-2007, 01:06 PM
I feel really guilty about buying it now. I didn't need it, I just really liked it and it fit so nice which is really unusual for me I normally have to alter things to fit.

Gonna get a little technical on ya, but I'm not an expert in this stuff either, so here goes...

You've been in a lot of pain, splurging on buying the dress released feel-good endorphins into your body, helping to ease the pain. That's all gone now, so you've got a drop in them chemicals, creating buyer's remorse, hence the guilt. Put the dress on, relax, enjoy the awesome fit and admire how good you look. Get them feel-good drugs coursing through your system again... all natural pain relief! :yay:

LL

Nobones
07-31-2007, 01:10 PM

LibraryLady
07-31-2007, 01:14 PM

You deserve it! :hug:

LL

aineepooh1
07-31-2007, 02:05 PM
No bones~
#1.. that dress is lovely.. how tall are you b/c it looks like a looong dress ( by the photo)
#2) You do deserve a new dress.. you are going through a lot of health issues and CHOOSING to keep a positive attitude~
#3) Did you ever think that DH likes to WATCH you wear and MODEL that dress that fits you so well.....:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

PaperGirl
08-01-2007, 12:07 AM
That is a GORGEOUS dress! You my dear, will be STUNNING in that! :heart:

iza
08-01-2007, 08:32 AM
:passedout: This dress is absolutely beautiful! :heart: And you must be tall if that dress is at knee length for you!

So your hubby bought it for you? How sweet! But I think he bought it because he wants to see you in it. :eyebrow: So really, it's a selfish buy for himself, no reason for you to feel guilty, right? :teehee:

dustinac
08-01-2007, 08:35 AM
I love that dress... I like that style but have trouble finding them around here... I always feel guilty too should have gotten something for the kids rather I buy myself clothes to yarn to favortie candy... don't let it get to ya...you deserve the new dress and I'm sure like ainee said your dh loves seeing you in it...:thumbsup:

Nobones
08-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Hubby said I had to post a photo of me wearing th dress. I have to keep him sweet after all he did buy it.

So here we are, :oops:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/Ellie39.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/Ellie41.jpg

BostonBecca
08-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Wow! That looks great on you! I love that style of dress, so va-va-voom but in a really classy and beautiful way.

HamaLee
08-01-2007, 01:49 PM
:flirt:
That suits you PERFECTLY, I love it. I agree with BostonBecca, you look like a classic movie star/glamour girl. Womanly, sexy and classy. :yay: No wonder hubby insisted you treat yourself :eyebrow: :teehee:

threesmom
08-01-2007, 04:11 PM
You look lovely, Ellie! I love the dress - it looks wonderful on you! No more guilt! You so deserve it! Now, go out and enjoy it and your dh!! (Or stay in and enjoy them ....:eyebrow:)

brownishcoat
08-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Gorgeous!!! :muah::heart::heart::heart:

LibraryLady
08-01-2007, 04:40 PM
:passedout:

Va-va-voom is right! Wow! Definitely a classic style well suited to the beautiful woman wearing it!

Soooooo....

When you gonna wear it out to dinner? Or in? :eyebrow:

Give us all the details...

Of the food, of the food! :happydance:

LL

jeanius80
08-01-2007, 05:56 PM
that looks beautiful on you Ellie! i love it with the red shoes too! Very classic :heart:

PaperGirl
08-01-2007, 06:19 PM
WORK IT GIRL!!!!!

Thats just GORGEOUS!

Im reminded of Betty Page...or Dita Von Tess. Truly beautiful women. :heart: As are you!

janelanespaintbrush
08-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Perfect! :cheering: Every woman should own at least one dress that suits them that well. It is different enough not to be the run-of-the-mill little black dress, but classic enough to never go out of style. Nice choice.

aineepooh1
08-01-2007, 11:58 PM
OHH man... I CAN"T SEE THE PHOTO~!!!:doh::doh::doh:

KnittingNat
08-02-2007, 08:58 AM
That's a hell of a dress!!!!:cheering::cheering::cheering: Ellie, don't feel guilty - enjoy it! I think it looks terrific on you. And i also see you've managed to put some weight that you needed - it really suits you (weighing 55.5 kg for 157 cm = 122 lbs for 5'3" i always encourage people to eat more :roflhard:)! I absolutely love it... I bought myself a long top with polka dots too, i just love the 50's style...Anyway, i'm getting off topic here.. Have fun wearing it:hug:

Nobones
08-02-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm really glad people like it. I plan to wear it to My Dad's birthday dinner at the end of the month.

I forget to say I'd been putting on weight, slowly, I'm still not my target weight, but I'm not that far off either. Although I have to be honest, it's not always been healthy food I've been eating. :oops:

DianaM
08-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Oi girl, you deserve the dress!! And you look gorgeous in it!! ^_^
Glad to hear you're feeling better d(^_^)b

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-02-2007, 04:21 PM
WOW!!! I love the red nails and shoes--they are the perfect complement! And you look FAB-YOO-LUSSSSSS!!! :yay:

Jeremy
08-03-2007, 07:26 PM
What a looker you are in that dress Ellie.:passedout:

Wear it in good health.

debinoz
08-03-2007, 11:53 PM
You look absolutely wonderful in that dress!! How did I know it was going to be black before I even opend the thread?? ;) Hope you don't mind and don't take it as an insult because I dearly love the lady, but you remind me so much of Penelope Keith in her younger days.

Nobones
08-04-2007, 05:59 AM
You look absolutely wonderful in that dress!! How did I know it was going to be black before I even opend the thread?? ;) Hope you don't mind and don't take it as an insult because I dearly love the lady, but you remind me so much of Penelope Keith in her younger days.

I take that as compliment,thanks! She was a stunner when she was younger and still looks excellent for her age.