PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Theme Swap-Who's in, Pg 2, PACKAGES ARRIVING!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

jeanius80
07-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Hi!
Thanks Snephanie for doing the summer swap for us! i know everyone had a great time, and it went so smooth- just a couple of hiccups :)
Since the summer swap is coming to a close, a few kh'ers have already expressed a desire for another swap! Both Nobones and I stepped forward to organize the next swap. We decided she would do a holiday swap and i will do this swap :cheering:
------------------------------------------------
Swap time line is easy. Sign-ups close August 18, 2007. It is a one month swap, with your package being shipped no later then October 1, 2007. Please be timely!

here is the plan:
each person would pick a theme/idea/color they love (i.e. roses, mermaid, green, fast cars, cookies, lady bugs ...)
favourite fibers (and allergies too! got to be a responsible swapper :)
one technique or particular type of pattern they haven't tried but would like to
multiple options would be even better, and make it much more of a surprise!the secret sender would then be responsible for doing the following:
dye, spin, or buy yarn in their selected price range and theme
buy at least one pattern that highlights the technique their receiver wants to learn (or possible an exact pattern)
keep everything in theme! (edible goodies not-withstanding ;)optional of course (as usual) would be little goodies like stitch markers (handmade or bought), chocolate, teas, special regional treats or favourite candies .. whatever pops into your fabulous head! the idea of the receiver giving the sender at least two theme ideas to choose from would make the anticipation and surprise a little greater, and in my not so humble opinion, even better.

-------------------------------------------------
this initial post is to get your creative juices flowing, and time to come up with theme ideas to give your sender choices. feel free to share in the thread ideas for themes, or ways to incorporate themes!
I'll post the questionaire next, so you can mull over your answers and have plenty of time to fill it out :)

itsjustmeghan
07-30-2007, 05:06 PM
:woot::woot:i'm SO in!!!:woot::woot:

stirsmommy
07-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Me too, me too! I just missed the deadline for the last one being a newbie but I have loved watching it unfold. I am so in but I have no idea how to pick a theme????

beckyrhae
07-30-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm in!!! Sounds like tons of fun. :)

threesmom
07-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Woo hoo! I can't wait! A swap in the fall! To go with crisp fall nights, bright leaves, pumpkins, apple pies ... and warm wooly yarns:heart:!

I love the theme idea too!

jeanius80
07-30-2007, 05:30 PM
i am so glad you guys like the theme idea!

stirsmommy! you just pick any old thing you like. say you love the color purple. there you go, you got a theme ;) or your a huge nascar fan, there's a theme.... HTH really, your imagination is your limit!

here is a button i made, feel free to use it :muah:

stirsmommy
07-30-2007, 05:39 PM
So how do I use the button? I am so clueless.

jeanius80
07-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Please email your questionaire to me @ secretkniter80ATyahooDOTcom
QUESTIONNAIRE
1. Your name (KH Screen name, first name, last name):

2. Your mailing address:

3. Your primary e-mail address:

4. If there are any problems with your questionnaire how would you like me (jeanius80) to contact you? (Primary email or KnittingHelp PM)

5. Price category $10, $15, $20, $30

6. Your preference on possibly SENDING to someone in another country?
(Donít Mind Sending or Prefer Not To)

7. Is your home smoke &/o pet-free?
(all yarn being given should be kept oderless and kept away for any kind of pets for allergy reasons)

8. Do you have any allergies to pets &/o smoke?

9. Are you allergic or adverse to any types of yarns?

10. Fiber preference?

11. Theme/Idea/colors?(please list at least two, and up to as many as you can think of! ;)

12. Pattern or technique you'd like to try?
(a direct link or name is best)

13. Would you be willing to be a Back Up Secret Knitter for someone who is unable to send to their assigned Pal? (you would then have 2 people to give to)

ADAllen
07-30-2007, 06:07 PM
This sounds like tons of fun, I love the theme idea. I'm definitely in. I am going to have to spend some time thinking of a theme before I can fill out the questionnaire. Thanks Jeanius!

snephenie
07-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Yay!! I'm so excited about this one!!! Don't get me wrong, I had fun organizing the other one, but I want to jump in and actually play this time!! :)

PaperGirl
07-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Im So in!

Your email is secretkniter with ONE t?

Want to double triple check. :)

knitwit628
07-30-2007, 07:45 PM
So, basically this swap is just for yarn, a purchased pattern, and additional goodies... we don't have to knit anything for our swap partners like the summer swap right? Just wondering. I might think about whether I can participate or not...

jeanius80
07-30-2007, 07:50 PM
yes knitwit628! you purchase yarn, include a pattern or instructions on a particular technique, and try to keep all within a theme your reciever has chosen (thats why you should give at least two options for a theme, in case it's hard to find/match, your sender will have options)
also, the pattern can be a free pattern, it doesn't have to be purchased, as long as it is either in keeping with the theme, or highlights a technique your reciever would like to learn :)

hob
07-30-2007, 07:54 PM
i want to join in as it sounds megga fun but im worried that some one will ask forsomething i can not find, and i was reading the summer swapers and it sounds complcated with hiding who u are ect.... :???:

jeanius80
07-30-2007, 08:03 PM
i want to join in as it sounds megga fun but im worried that some one will ask for something i can not find, and i was reading the summer swapers and it sounds complcated with hiding who u are ect.... :???:
Hi hob!
as for hiding who you are, it's up to you if you want to or not. you can creat a free email account with yahoo or anyother free email provider. when you do, make sure you use a fake first and last name, so as not to give away who you are ;)
Since this is a one time only swap, if you don't want to have a 2nd email, i'd be willing to let you guys use me as a go-between for asking question if you need additional info from your reciver! :mrgreen:
feel free to email/pm me with any questions or concerns once you have your reciver's info

Doodknitwit
07-30-2007, 09:31 PM
:woohoo: me too please!!!
thanks for taking charge

snowbear
07-30-2007, 09:36 PM
I can't wait! I jsut finished the other.. and this great one starts!:cheering::woot::woohoo::happydance::yay:

jeanius80
07-30-2007, 09:39 PM
i too am excited to see this unfold! i have 3 swappers signed up!

jeanius80
07-30-2007, 09:44 PM
this post will be our running list of participants! :happydance:

beckyrhae
papergirl
snephanie
snowbear
doodknitwit
bostonbecca
meearnol
clb1968
dancinggirl77
ADAllen
JamOKnit
stirsmommy
Marykz
Debbie
Pandaca
oneyarn
threesmom
itsjustmeghan
bah
Samsam
hob
Jackie Lim
Zebragirlnz
astonh
lucky_alf2
dustinac
Sharly
orcoastknitter
traceleigh
psammeadred
HollyP
Riss
Sanibelle
chrislt8
mks22300
Eloewien
angel4ever
gargoylelib
Foxyie
cando
Secksiebrat
larudden
Mare Knitt
iwouldratherbeknitting
Lisa Kay
momwolf
OliveOil
knitncook
Weebie
Brendjos
lissalue
bajanknit
katiebug081504
flyingfingers
LauraD vbmenu_register("postmenu_938130", true);

jeanius80
07-30-2007, 09:46 PM
my email is secretkniter80ATyahooDOTcom
one 'T' in kniter and numbers eight-zero ;)

BostonBecca
07-30-2007, 10:00 PM
I think I will participate. This sounds like lots of fun.

I need to start brainstorming my themes before I send in my questionaire, the Boston Red Sox will probably be one option.

Maybe the New England fall leaves should be another. It's one of my favorite things about New England, what do you guys think?

What are some of your theme ideas?

snowbear
07-30-2007, 10:08 PM
oh wow.. New England in the fall.. how beautiful... I'd love to just go there & watch the colors.. but then I'd never leave.. cause winter would be next w/ snow... hmmmm wonder if I could find a job up there...lol

Jackie Lim
07-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Hi there,

I love to join in the fun:woot:

Hmm...:wall: for my theme.

BostonBecca
07-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Snowbear, I love the fall leaves in New England. I will try and take pictures when I go see them this fall and post them for you guys. I grew up right near Walden Pond and the leaves there are so beautiful.

meearnol
07-30-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm so in! BostonBecca, I've been missing the New England falls. My dad's family is from Maine, and while we moved away from there when I was only 2, we went back lots and lots of times. I miss the maple candy. Sigh...

clb1968
07-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Sent mine in .

snowbear
07-30-2007, 10:54 PM
*GROWLS>>.... why won't it post right in my sig... it has the link.. but not the pic!... grrrrrrrr

* should be in bed... shhhhhhh don't tell Lynn!

cecile77
07-30-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm definitely interested! i just have to think of some themes. I'm sure cats and chocolate are on a lot of peoples' lists so I'll pick something different.:think:

PaperGirl
07-30-2007, 11:11 PM
I used Houston Astros, baseball, cooking, reading, movies, and red/orange/fire for some of my themes.

I didnt put in knitting, cause, yanno, thats a given.

jeanius80
07-30-2007, 11:43 PM
everyone's theme ideas are great! it's fun reading all your questionaires. i started a spreadsheet so i can add you each in as you send them my way. so much fun!
remember too, if you want to send it in but can't think of a theme, you can send it in ... but please post ideas here later so your future sender can have some choices. i am also willing to pass on messages between swappers to help keep everything secret.

ADAllen
07-30-2007, 11:49 PM
I just sent mine in... I do feel a little sorry for Jeanius and my swapper though... I was definitely long winded. For my themes I put down:
4-Leaf Clovers, Hunter Green , Glass Slippers, Bumble Bees, and Travel
They are all pretty random and unrelated... though I will certainly be surprised by whatever my swapper picks.

robynbird
07-30-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm in!! I do have a question though...you said sign ups are open until Sept. 1st and then we send by Oct 1st. What date will we get our partners by?

jeanius80
07-31-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm in!! I do have a question though...you said sign ups are open until Sept. 1st and then we send by Oct 1st. What date will we get our partners by?
good question! i will get them to you by september 3 latest. i hope thats reasonable ....:shifty:

robynbird
07-31-2007, 12:12 AM
I just want to make sure you give yourself enough time, Jeanius! :) I'm excited...I like this theme. :)

JamOKnit
07-31-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm in, I'm in! I'm sending my questionnaire now. This will be a great swap! Now, what to choose for my themes.....

OK, I'm going with books/reading, travel, New Jersey or Paris or London, chocolate, the mountains, wine, music.

BostonBecca
07-31-2007, 08:45 AM
Oh, Paris at night just made the list. I have a picture of the street M and I stayed on during our last trip over the holidays. The street had lights strung over the top and it was so beautiful. Plus, the view of the Louvre lit at night is amazing.

Thanks for the inspiration!

marykz
07-31-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm in but I have to consider themes..... lol- can't knitting be my theme?:roflhard: just kidding......

I love tea, (iced, hot); iced coffee; I'm a science geek (biology)love techie sci fi (not so much the magic stuff); I really want to try socks but I'm afraid of them; I'm also in love with felting at the moment. I'm enjoying sewing and crochet too. Hmmmm gotta keep thinking.....

The end of my fiscal year for work is 9/30 and it is a CRAZY time here in the federal gov't. Everyone has to hit their production numbers for their ratings. So, I'm going to have to try to send earlier. Would that be too disappointing for someone to get it right away? :shrug:

MKZ

Debbie
07-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Me! Me! .... off to answer questions ....

pandaca
07-31-2007, 10:45 AM
I'm SO in! What a fantastic idea for a swap!

oneyarn
07-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Count me in, too.

stirsmommy
07-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Ok in my exuberance I only sent part of the questionaire. I did send a second email trying to fix my mistake did I mess up the way you are doing the set up? Do you want to delete me and have me do it again?

jeanius80
07-31-2007, 04:36 PM
no i saw the second email, so i deleted the first :)
bostonbecca- i know you haven't sent yours, but i added you to the tally, since you said you were participating. let me know if you want me to delete your name for now ;)

astonh
07-31-2007, 04:38 PM
This sounds like a hoot. I'll ponder on the "themes" concept and submit my questionaire asap. Thank you for coordinating this swap.

stirsmommy
07-31-2007, 04:38 PM
OOPS! I only answered the last two questions in the second. Boy am I a pita or what? Want me to try again?
Sorry

hob
07-31-2007, 05:16 PM
ok im in, ill think for a bit then fill in my questions...... hmmmm.

threesmom
07-31-2007, 06:04 PM
Sent mine in! I made a mistake and had to send more than one, too - don't feel bad stirsmommy!

Although now that I've read some of everyone else's themes, I want to go back and add still more to my list!:teehee:

Quiltlady
07-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Please sign me up too!!! I enjoyed the last swap.

I just sent you my answers to the questions.:cheering:

itsjustmeghan
07-31-2007, 06:58 PM
i just filled mine out!!!
my themes were
three tasty brown C's (chocolate, caramel & coffee)
and
autumn (apples, apple cider, leaves, pumpkins, burning leaves, apple pies, acorn squash, etc)

wait....why are my themes always related to food? :teehee:

Samsam
07-31-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm so excited! This would be my first swap from someone I don't know. My friend and I did it before, it was a blast! I really want to do this one. I just have to decide about a few things first :)
:cheering:

bah
07-31-2007, 07:45 PM
This is my first one too :) I'm doing the survey right now.

Jackie Lim
07-31-2007, 08:45 PM
OK, my wish is simple. Here it goes :

Autumn and Sock Yarn and Green is my favourite.

jeanius80
07-31-2007, 10:16 PM
quiltlady- have you sent me the questionaire? if you did, i didn't get it yet :shrug:
Jackie Lim- you'll have to copy and fill out the questionaire on the first page of this thread. you can email me or send it through the KH PM system.
my email is
secretkniter80 @ yahoo . com
just remove the spaces :)

Quiltlady
08-01-2007, 04:24 AM
Jean, I just sent it again. LEt me know if you get it. Sent it to secretkniter80@yahoo.com right???:woot:

Zebragirlnz
08-01-2007, 05:08 AM
Hi there,

Just emailed you the questionaire! Looking forward to getting into it!:cheering:

Susan P.
08-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Quiltlady LOL I think jeanius did that to prevent spam bots picking up the email addy :)

Sharly
08-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Waaaahhh...I want to join, but I'm chicken! :cry:

I don't have a LYS and I'm afraid I couldn't find cute things to include. I think I'll just lurk through this one and maybe join the next one after I see all the goodies...:shifty:

larudden
08-01-2007, 09:49 AM
I think I will participate. This sounds like lots of fun.

I need to start brainstorming my themes before I send in my questionaire, the Boston Red Sox will probably be one option.

Maybe the New England fall leaves should be another. It's one of my favorite things about New England, what do you guys think?

What are some of your theme ideas?

Hey, no Patriots? My sister is a huge Sox and Patriots fan. She's got season's tix for the Pats and goes to the Sox whenever she can. I've even seen her on TV! Geez, I would want to send to YOU!:lol: The possibilities would be endless..........................................

larudden
08-01-2007, 09:49 AM
OK, sign me up! I've never done one of these before so it should be fun! Now to think of a theme!

BostonBecca
08-01-2007, 10:47 AM
LaRudden, I am a Pats fan by default but football has never interested me as much as baseball and basketball. The Pats are good, but football just doesn't do it for me like baseball. The Sox are my team, always have been and always will be. I such a huge fan (went to Game 4 and Game 7 of the 2004 series against the evil Yankees). I go whenever I can, standing room tickets included.

I hope someone as excited about my themes as you are gets me!

Tell your sister Go Sox! Btw, the Sox made an excellent trade yesterday!

astonh
08-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, I have submitted my questionaire. I'm excited about participating in this. Thanks for the opportunity to do so!

OTN:
Super Simple Wrap Jacket (my first sweater)
One piece Poncho (6 inches till I'm done!)

FO:
Baby toboggan and booties for beginners

ADAllen
08-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Waaaahhh...I want to join, but I'm chicken! :cry:

I don't have a LYS and I'm afraid I couldn't find cute things to include. I think I'll just lurk through this one and maybe join the next one after I see all the goodies...:shifty:
I don't want to sound pushy, but you really should join in. I though about not joining the last one because there was talk of knitting something for your pal and I had only been knitting for a month or so, but I am so glad I did. I met two great people and I had tons of fun. I learned a lot from my last swap and I'm working up the nerve to tackle socks because of my pal.

If you're really worried about what to get your pal, you can private message any of us and we'd be happy to help. If there is one thing I've noticed about KH it is that there are plenty of enablers :teehee:

Sharly
08-01-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't want to sound pushy, but you really should join in. I though about not joining the last one because there was talk of knitting something for your pal and I had only been knitting for a month or so, but I am so glad I did. I met two great people and I had tons of fun. I learned a lot from my last swap and I'm working up the nerve to tackle socks because of my pal.

If you're really worried about what to get your pal, you can private message any of us and we'd be happy to help. If there is one thing I've noticed about KH it is that there are plenty of enablers :teehee:

Ok - you are kind of wearing me down....I'm thinking about it...I'm just worried someone will be disappointed!!

Stupid Question: How does the price category work? If I choose $10, is that supposed to cover everything, or is that just for the yarn?

ADAllen
08-01-2007, 04:28 PM
:poke:come on you know you want to do it. It's gonna be a blast:happydance:

My understanding is that the price category is for the things *required* by the trade. In this swap it would be yarn and a pattern. Anything else is considered extra and completely up to you. Jeanius would know for sure.

Sharly
08-01-2007, 04:42 PM
I think do want to ... I'll sleep on it tonite and decide for sure tomorrow...

jeanius80
08-01-2007, 04:43 PM
:poke:come on you know you want to do it. It's gonna be a blast:happydance:

My understanding is that the price category is for the things *required* by the trade. In this swap it would be yarn and a pattern. Anything else is considered extra and completely up to you. Jeanius would know for sure.

Correct! your price you pick is to cover the yarn and pattern. of course you can also find a free pattern that is something your reciever would like! If you do, just print it out for them, and put it in a folder or sheetprotector to keep it nice :) You are not required to purchase enough yarn for them to complete the pattern!
lets say i am wanting to knit a sweater, and i love the wicked pattern (http://www.zephyrstyle.com/catalog/item.cfm/2367447/3974522) (it's $6.50) so my sender could buy and have it sent to me, then they just have to also send yarn that at least meets our price group total (say we are doing $10) So she could send me a nice ball of bare-fingering (http://www.knitpicks.com/Bare+-+Peruvian+Highland+Wool+Fingering+Weight_YD5420144 .html)($3.49) that she has dyed in my favourite summer peachy colorway (cause one of my themes i gave her would be summer peaches)! that's the bare minimum you would have to do. You could include some things to bring out the theme more, so say, peach candies, some pretty peach ribbon, or peach shaped buttons. really anything goes! I hope this was helpful!

JamOKnit
08-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Since I was Amanda's secret swapper, I can tell you that it is SO easy to find things to send...in fact, it's SO easy to go way over your spending amount! But you find yourself picking things up and saying, oh, I can include one more thing....:think::eyes:

Thanks, jeanius, you made it very clear! :woohoo:

hob
08-01-2007, 06:17 PM
join in its my 1st time 2!

ADAllen
08-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Since I was Amanda's secret swapper, I can tell you that it is SO easy to find things to send...in fact, it's SO easy to go way over your spending amount! But you find yourself picking things up and saying, oh, I can include one more thing....:think::eyes:

Thanks, jeanius, you made it very clear! :woohoo:
and I made it really difficult for JamOKnit. It was my first swap and I was kinda lost so I barely filled out my questionnaire, and didn't give her much information at all.

snowbear
08-01-2007, 07:45 PM
I just found out I'm flying to CA in the middle of Sept.. so I'm mailing out my package before then.. then.. I'm giving my daughters addy for the last half of the month.
maryKZ- send it whenever.. it's always fun to be the first to get a box!:woot:

Curly_Toot
08-01-2007, 10:38 PM
I've put my name down for the secret swapper 11 swap, which is huge... over three months and $60.

So i'm going to sit this one out.

Just a note for people picking themes that are Home town related... such as your fav sporting team. Just keep in mind that you might get an international person assigned to you, so they might find it hard to get stuff thats speficially say american, like a baseball team.

Good luck everyone and HAVE FUN!! Cant wait to see what people get!

stirsmommy
08-01-2007, 10:57 PM
So how do I get the Theme swap pic in my signature? I am such a tech idiot.

BostonBecca
08-02-2007, 12:06 AM
I sent in my questionaire finally! The themes are so much fun!

lucky_alf2
08-02-2007, 03:04 AM
Just saw this!! Sounds like alot of fun! I sent in my questionaire -- can't wait!

dustinac
08-02-2007, 08:26 AM
:happydance: I sent in my info... looking forward to the swap... Thank you jeanius80 for sitting this up for us...:blooby:

astonh
08-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Stirsmommy,

I just figured it out myself. Here's what I did. I saved a copy of the graphic for the swap on my computer. Under the file tabs at top of page is a greyish bar (under "Welcome, Stirsmommy"). Click on "User CP" at the far left of that bar. This takes you to your Control Panel. From there you will select, from the list on the left vertical bar, to edit your signature. Scroll down on that new page under where you enter the signature text and there is a place to insert a photo. You will want to select the second option which is to insert a pix from your computer. Follow the prompts and wha-laaa!

I hope this helps. Don't hesitate to give me a shout if it doesn't. I'll try to explain better. :)

Sharly
08-02-2007, 10:35 AM
I added the button! I hadn't even thought of doing that!! :yay:

stirsmommy
08-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Ok I am working on it. I did get the picture to the sig but I am not sure it is showing. Hopefully with enough fiddling I will get it. May have to wait for ds to do it for me.

threesmom
08-02-2007, 11:08 AM
I added the button! I hadn't even thought of doing that!! :yay:

So does this mean you decide to join?!? You'll be so glad you did! What's not to love about getting yarn in the mail?

Sharly
08-02-2007, 11:21 AM
So does this mean you decide to join?!? You'll be so glad you did! What's not to love about getting yarn in the mail?

I did! How could I resist? Now, though, I won't sleep a wink worrying about what I'm going to send to someone! :lol:

Quiltlady
08-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Jean, I sent you a private message.:woohoo:

orcoastknitter
08-02-2007, 01:40 PM
I am still trying to decide if I want to join :roll:

Hmm... decisions.... decisions... :??

Sharly
08-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Come on ... If I did, you can! :yay: It'll be fun!

Riss
08-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Hurray! I wanna join!

I just sent out my questionaire...

orcoastknitter
08-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Ok, I signed up.. I just sent my questionaire! :cheering:

HollyP
08-02-2007, 06:57 PM
This sounds like so much fun :woot:!! I loved the last swap I was a part of! I'll send my questionnaire by tomorrow morning. I have to get dinner on the table now.

Thanks so much for organizing this:thumbsup:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharly
08-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Ok, I signed up.. I just sent my questionaire! :cheering:

Yay!:yay:

Moment of realization...look at me...I've never done a swap before and was hesitant to do this one...now I'm encouraging others!! ;)

ADAllen
08-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Yay!:yay:

Moment of realization...look at me...I've never done a swap before and was hesitant to do this one...now I'm encouraging others!! ;)

That's because deep down inside you know how much fun its gonna be!:cheering:

hob
08-02-2007, 07:55 PM
i wish it was the 3rd of september now!

snowbear
08-02-2007, 08:14 PM
I always knew knitters were enablers, lol

threesmom
08-02-2007, 08:14 PM
i wish it was the 3rd of september now!

Me too!

And Sharly - you're encouraging others because you're becoming an enabler :teehee: - welcome to the club!

Sharly
08-02-2007, 08:16 PM
"Enabler"! That's the word I was looking for!!:woohoo:

jeanius80
08-02-2007, 08:46 PM
i am so glad everyone is so excited about this swap :heart:
I am going to apologize for not updating the list on page 2, i injured my eye! Not sure how (i think i rubbed it too much while sleeping:roll:) but it makes it hard to read and type. i'll try to update later tonight :waving:

robynbird
08-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Sorry to hear about your eye...I hope it gets better! Perhaps if you edit your original post it would be easier to find the list of participants? Just a suggestion. :)

I am going to apologize for not updating the list on page 2, i injured my eye! Not sure how (i think i rubbed it too much while sleeping:roll:) but it makes it hard to read and type. i'll try to update later tonight :waving:

jeanius80
08-03-2007, 12:58 AM
31 knitters signed up so far !! wow :)
Jackie Lim- not sure if you got my last note, i need you to resend your questionaire. please just copy and paste and fill in the answers :)
Quiltlady! I did get your questionaire, i fixed the running list :mrgreen:

traceleighj
08-03-2007, 08:57 AM
I have been debating on this one...and I think I will join too.

I sent in my questionaire.

Thanks jeanius80!

Sharly
08-03-2007, 09:01 AM

:hug:So sorry about your eye!! I hope it is doing much better!!

Take care!!

hob
08-03-2007, 04:42 PM
sorry about your eye hope its better soon.

psammeadred
08-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Okay, I caved! This should be fun!

HollyP
08-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Just sent my questionnaire!:woot:

I can't wait to get started!!!

Sanibelle
08-04-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm in... I can't wait.

I have been off the boards for a few weeks since I just had surgery but I am feeling better now and I am back!!!! I just saw this and it is going to be a lot of fun.

For anyone that is not sure.... the best part of the swaps is the really nice people that you get to meet. My SS swapper in the last swap was doodknitwit and now we talk all the time!

I will have to send my package out early as my mom and I are going on vacation on September 21 and we will be gone for over 2 weeks... my DH will just have to save my package for me when I get home!

Thanks Jeanius for setting this up for us.

ADAllen
08-04-2007, 02:32 PM
:hug:Welcome Back Sanibelle! We're glad you're feeling better!:hug:

jeanius80
08-05-2007, 02:51 PM
glad your feeling better sanibelle :)

hob
08-05-2007, 04:42 PM
i sent in my questions but im not on the list...hmmmm.do u want me to do it again?

chrislt8
08-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Well, I've been hedging about this - it'll be my first ever swap and being fairly new to knitting was concerned about disappointing a swappee...but where I don't have to actually KNIT anything I know I can handle shopping :roflhard: so I'm in - I'll send my questionaire in a couple of minutes.

Not sure if I am more excited to be a swap-ee or swap-er!

larudden
08-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Hmmm, didn't see my name on the list. Am I in?

angel4ever
08-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I totally would love to join this. Count me in!!!!! :)

Eloewien
08-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Just emailed :) I'm just glad I'll have some time for my budget to recover... I plan on dyeing a bunch of yarn at some point anyway...

Sharly
08-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Well, I've been hedging about this - it'll be my first ever swap and being fairly new to knitting was concerned about disappointing a swappee...but where I don't have to actually KNIT anything I know I can handle shopping :roflhard: so I'm in - I'll send my questionaire in a couple of minutes.

Not sure if I am more excited to be a swap-ee or swap-er!

:poke:HINT: :psst: The stitch markers you made would be great to include! :)

chrislt8
08-06-2007, 10:16 AM
:poke:HINT: :psst: The stitch markers you made would be great to include! :)
:roflhard: Now don't let any secrets out :roflhard::roflhard: Can't wait to find out my swap-ee's themes! Now that I commited I am SO looking forward to this!:woohoo:

jeanius80
08-06-2007, 01:50 PM
We have 40 signed up!:cheering:

larudden- did you PM me or email me? hmm:??

Sharly
08-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Forty? Wow! That's great!!

Jeanius - how is your eye? All better, I hope!!

Chrislt8: I'm sure whoever you get will be pleased! I don't have any beaded stitchmarkers, and haven't attempted to make them yet, as I surely don't need ANOTHER obsession!!

jeanius80
08-06-2007, 06:05 PM
my eye is way better! thanks!! i am so excited about how quick our numbers are rising.... it seems it's slowing down. if i get all the sign-ups in early, i might pass out questionaires sooner (but send out dates will stay the same) You'll just get a week or two more to create your theme packages! :)

mks22300
08-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Oh good, saw my name on the list! :cheering:

meearnol
08-06-2007, 06:36 PM
I tell you what, one of my favorite things about being a knitter is finding other knitters to send presents to! Jeanius, you ROCK! Yay for swaps!!!

BostonBecca
08-06-2007, 07:19 PM
I am super excited about this!

HollyP
08-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I can't wait to get started! I was at my lys today and they had gotten a bunch of new yummy yarn in. I kept thinking if only I new who I was buying for and their theme I would have be set! This is going to be so much fun!!:cheering:

robynbird
08-06-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm excited!!!! :woohoo:

Jackie Lim
08-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi Jeanie,

So sorry to hear about your eyes, how are you feeling today ?

Thanks for the fun ! I have emailed u a while ago.

gargoylelib
08-07-2007, 07:18 AM
Hi,
I'd like to sign up for the swap but I am in Finland. Do
you prefer people who are only in the U.S.? I am wondering
that because shipping outside the U.S. can be a bit
costly....
Libbie :)

marykz
08-07-2007, 09:41 AM
I know others from outside the US have participated in other swaps here before- and there's a part in the questionnaire where you indicate whether or not you would be willing to ship overseas- so people who answered that as "yes" are aware it would be more costly. IMHO it is fun to make friends from around the world!

threesmom
08-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Ditto what mary said - So there are at least 2 of us willing to send overseas! And probably a bunch more! So join! You'll be glad you did - they are such fun!

gargoylelib
08-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Ok, that is enough assurance for me! :) I am sending my
email in now!
Libbie

aineepooh1
08-07-2007, 01:21 PM
OK? where do I sign up?:shrug:

jeanius80
08-07-2007, 01:30 PM
OK? where do I sign up?:shrug:
the questionaire is on page 1. just copy and paste it into an email to me. please email it to
secretkniter80 AT yahoo DOT com
Sign ups end September 1st (unless signs ups stall before then, then i'll send them out sooner) Everyone should recieve a person to send to no later then September 3rd. all packages should be mailed no later than October 1st.

Jackie Lim- I got your email! Thanks!

we have participants from the USA, Singapore, UK, and New Zealand !

ADAllen
08-07-2007, 01:43 PM
my eye is way better! thanks!! i am so excited about how quick our numbers are rising.... it seems it's slowing down. if i get all the sign-ups in early, i might pass out questionaires sooner (but send out dates will stay the same) You'll just get a week or two more to create your theme packages! :)
I certainly wouldn't mind getting my swapee earlier... that's just more time to shop:teehee:

aineepooh1
08-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Not NOW I hope... I am still trying to decide "what" my favorites things are... :think: the first thing that popped into my head was .... Knitting... and crochet~!:clink:

Foxyie
08-07-2007, 06:40 PM
this sound like so much fun, i'll have to join in!

cando
08-08-2007, 03:48 PM
I sent my email to you, Jeannie. Sounds like a really neat idea for a swap!

larudden
08-09-2007, 09:39 AM
OK, sent my questionnaire. I thought I had already done this but, then again, my short term memory is pretty pathetic these days...................................

chrislt8
08-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Okay - I know we haven't been assigned our swappers yet and so I don't know what my swappee's theme will be...but I just ordered her/him something that I'm sure any knitter will like! Let the teasing (and anticipation) begin!!! :evil:

Secksiebrat
08-09-2007, 02:26 PM
I put in my questionaire, so I'm onboard!

I used themes/ideas like :

The beach, bright colors, romance novels, scrapbooking, candles and sock yarns.

Just thought I would share them with others. It's neat to see what others are thinking of :)

~danielle~

mare-nitt
08-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Here I am joining this swap, and I don't even know if my current swapper liked her package or not yet.

But here goes nothing.

Sharly
08-09-2007, 05:03 PM
I can't stay out of this thread! I'm so excited and can't wait to get my assignment!! :yay:

threesmom
08-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Me too! I keep browsing for yarn, seeing these wonderful things, and I keep thinking ... I could buy this for someone, if I only knew who ....:mrgreen:

hob
08-09-2007, 07:02 PM
i dont know how much longer i can wait.

snephenie
08-09-2007, 07:53 PM
i dont know how much longer i can wait.

I know!! I want to get started right away!!!

Zebragirlnz
08-09-2007, 08:11 PM
I know!! I want to get started right away!!!
Me Too!!! I am so excited! Can't wait to find out who my swappee is so I can go shopping!! :cheering:

jeanius80
08-09-2007, 08:31 PM
you guys are cracking me up! :rofl: again, i am sooooo glad everyone likes this idea!
hmmm... since i can't send out partners yet.. some ideas of what you can do for now:
your partner will be in the same price category as you, so you could start by getting roving (to spin) or undyed yarn if you plan on dyeing for them...give yourself budget room for a pattern though ;)
maybe stock up on stitch marker supplies (just the basics, you don't know what theme you have yet :teehee:)

HollyP
08-09-2007, 08:42 PM
:waving:Is it Sept 3rd yet???

I like reading everyone else's themes so much I forgot to put mine! My themes in no particular order are: Sock it to me!
Simple elegance
In the garden
I wanted to add more but didn't want to overwhelm my swap partner! Sometimes too many choices is a baaad thing! I am only saying this because last night I was at dinner with my aunt at a restaurant that has one of the most extensive menus I have ever seen. I think we spent the majority of our time together trying to figure out what we wanted to order. Everything looked and sounded so good!

Doodknitwit
08-09-2007, 09:27 PM
:eyes:"you guys are cracking me up! again, i am sooooo glad everyone likes this idea!
hmmm... since i can't send out partners yet.. some ideas of what you can do for now:
your partner will be in the same price category as you, so you could start by getting roving (to spin) or undyed yarn if you plan on dyeing for them...give yourself budget room for a pattern "
i don't spin :shrug: or :shrug: dye... hope that's not a problem :hair: :wall:

chrislt8
08-09-2007, 11:00 PM
<snip> i don't spin :shrug: or :shrug: dye... hope that's not a problem :hair: :wall:

Me either Doodknitwit...I'm sure it's not a problem though 'cause I REALLY can shop :roflhard: Ooooohhhh - it is SO hard to wait!!!:hair:

jeanius80
08-10-2007, 12:53 AM
Me either Doodknitwit...I'm sure it's not a problem though 'cause I REALLY can shop :roflhard: Ooooohhhh - it is SO hard to wait!!!:hair:
soooooo not a problem :)
if you are lucky you'll find yarn that fits your theme you pick! :yay:

Sharly
08-10-2007, 09:09 AM
The only thing that would make this better would be having someone to shop with!! :pout:

cando
08-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Aaahhh I haven't shopped for yarn in so long... for a while there earlier part of this year I just couldn't stop.

I LOVE the idea of a theme. There's so much room to get creative and unusual :)
Egawds, I'm excited! :woot:

astonh
08-10-2007, 11:48 AM
:waving:Is it Sept 3rd yet???

I'm SOOO in agreement with HollyP! Her little smiley waving and saying, "Yoo-whooooo.... Hellooooo! Is it Sept 3rd YET???" totally cracked me up. I'm excited (and nervous-my first swap and I'm new to knitting and don't want to disappoint, etc) about this swap. I'm very thankful that jeanus is organizing a swap where we don't have to KNIT something for our "secret pal". I'm slow so my poor pal would be waiting an eternity for their FO.

Looking forward to this.

ADAllen
08-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm already worried about my pal's package being late, and I don't even know who they are or what their themes are yet. I'm just coming up with tons of ideas and they all take time. I'm going to have to start my ordering the night our swappees get assigned! I'm so excited.

JamOKnit
08-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Although I too am chomping at the bit to get going, I'll be away the last week of August and won't be able to acces KH so I am hoping I don't miss the big "swapper assignment!" So Sept. 3 is ok by me! :)

Lisa Kay
08-11-2007, 03:11 AM
Okay, I'm in! I'm off to fill out the questionnaire...

I think my themes would be (in no particular order):

* music (classical, orchestral, piano, jazz)
* chocolate
* cooking/baking
* Norway
* purple/green/blue (the deep dark ones - "jewel tones")
* socks (my first sock class begins next week at my LYS :happydance:)
* double knitting
* Fair Isle & Intarsia (very pie-in-the-sky right now, but I would love to learn how...I can't even tell you the difference between the two off the top of my head. :think: But then again, before I was a knitter I didn't know the difference between knitting and crocheting. :teehee: )

jeanius80
08-12-2007, 11:35 PM
47 knitters signed up! i am off to put an annoucement in the general forum so people who'd like to sign up can. I'd really like to get these out soon, i know a few of you have said you might be unreachable near the end of august/begining of september :) and besides. who wouldn't want extra time to put together a package? ;)

Olive Oil
08-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Yahoo !!! This sounds like fun !! I have never done one before as I am new to all this. I was intimidated by the swaps involving knitting ( mine is pretty sad, so far ). LOL

Can't wait !!!:woohoo:

I had better start shopping !!!

Barb

angel4ever
08-13-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm already in, but I thought that I would share my theme ideas...

The color blue (mostly darker blues, but not opposed to lighter blues)
Angels
Cats
Chocolates (milk chocolate with nuts) :angelgrin:
Tea (I enjoy just about any brewed tea) :angelgrin:
Chunky yarns, sock yarns, wool yarns

momwolf
08-13-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm in :woohoo::woot:
Here are some of the things I like :roflhard:

jeanius80
08-13-2007, 12:44 PM
momwolf- what a cute way to share your themes! :lol:

Quiltlady
08-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Jean, I sent you an email. I need to drop out of this one. A few things have come up that will need my attention. :??Maybe I can do the next one. I loved the last one. Thanks.

knitncook
08-13-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm in and I already sent you the form. This sounds like a lot of FUN!

jeanius80
08-14-2007, 05:05 PM
50 swappers signed up! if you adverse to starting early let me know on this thread, otherwise, i think i will be able to get everyone matched up this weekend and sent out by monday, 20th :yay:
also, be on the lookout for emails before then, as i may have questions before matching you up, quick responses are always a bonus ;)

Sharly
08-14-2007, 05:14 PM
:yay:Early is fine with me!:yay:

stirsmommy
08-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Oh I am so good with earlier. I can't wait I want to shop. I want to buy the stuff I look at at the lys that I wouldn't get for myself. Besides since I am going this week for me I am going to need an excuse next week. This is going to be such fun.

angel4ever
08-14-2007, 05:28 PM
No objections here! Earlier is fine :)

BostonBecca
08-14-2007, 05:46 PM
The only problem with doing earlier is people who mean to sign up but are relying on the stated date and might not see the updated deadline.

snephenie
08-14-2007, 08:42 PM
The only problem with doing earlier is people who mean to sign up but are relying on the stated date and might not see the updated deadline.

I suggest to put it in the subject line "deadline changed" or something...

And a post in the General Forum.

I'm excited to be paired.

lissalue
08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
I am glad I looked here. I was trying to figure out if we could afford for me to be in, and was going to wait till the end of the month when the bills are paid, but since you are moving up the date, I talked to my DH and he said I can join now! :cheering:

jeanius80
08-14-2007, 09:57 PM
i will change the topic title, thanks for the suggestion!
lissalue- i amglad your joinig too :) more the merrier!
the mail off date is still October 1st. the *only* thing changing is the sign-up deadline and secret partnering

so... New sign-up deadline will be August 18!! Everyone who signs up will recieve an email from me no later than August 21 with thier recievers' info. a couple of you will recieve a primary email with some info i need to clarify, and then a secondary email with your swap reciever. Please add my email address to your address book so it doesn't get spammed out or trashed
again, my email is secretkniter80ATyahooDOTcom
just replace AT with @ and DOT with .

momwolf
08-15-2007, 02:44 AM
I say let the swap begin :woot:

Zebragirlnz
08-15-2007, 02:55 AM
Yay! I can't wait! Not too long to go now then!! Bring it on!

iwouldratherbeknitting
08-15-2007, 05:44 AM
I'm looking forward to getting the email w/ my secret pal's info~ School is starting next week.. (teacher) and this will be something fun for me to do (put together the package) after I survive the first week of a new school year. :woot:

I'm too busy right now- trying to get ready for the new school year to be on the Internet much- but, this does look like fun and it will be my first swap.

chrislt8
08-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Ooooh!!! I can't wait to start my first swap! I'm going away the 22nd and will be in a shopping mecca so I will be very happy to have my swap partner before I go so I can be on the look out! Hooray :woot:

JamOKnit
08-15-2007, 09:17 AM
The new deadline is great! Now I can start thinking about what to buy while I'm on vacation!!!

orcoastknitter
08-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Yippy! :woot::woot:

astonh
08-15-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm excited about the bumped up date as well. Not only because I'm too excited about participating in my first swap that I can barely stand it, but also love the extra time to shop/plan, come up with (what my secret partner will HOPEFULLY like) fun ideas to send my secret knitting pal.

Must admit though, I'm nervous! But it is a very good nervous. Let's get swapping!!!!!!

mare-nitt
08-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Thank you, I get to go shopping sooner. :woot:

meearnol
08-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Is it time? I'm waiting... :nails:

orcoastknitter
08-15-2007, 05:01 PM
:whistle:

threesmom
08-15-2007, 06:00 PM
OOOOO - Partners by the 21st???? :woot::yay: We get all that extra time to shop and plan!!?! :cheering:

I'm so excited!

mks22300
08-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Yippee, I can't wait! :cheering:

katiebug081504
08-16-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm in! I'm sending in my questionnaire now.

Samsam
08-16-2007, 04:54 PM
:woot:
I'm super duper excited!!!!

jeanius80
08-17-2007, 12:38 PM
*bump* 54 knitters signed up! one more day to sign up!

cecile77
08-18-2007, 08:26 AM
It's the 18th! Hooray!

beckyrhae
08-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Yay!!!! Soooooooooooo excited about THIS swap!!!

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: :yay:
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

hob
08-18-2007, 01:33 PM
whoo not long now till we shop

flyingfingers
08-18-2007, 02:26 PM
I just sent in my questionarre, do you think its too late? Ive never done a swap before.

Samsam
08-18-2007, 06:24 PM
It shouldn't be too late as today is the last day to send them in :)
It should be very fun!

jeanius80
08-18-2007, 11:04 PM
flyingfingers- you're not too late ;)

PLEASE!!!! check the list here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showpost.php?p=920739&postcount=19). if you are not on it and still want to join, email me the questionaire at
secretkniter80 AT yahoo DOT com
the questionaire can be found on the first page of this thread! i want to start matching you guys up tonight and start sending them out tomorrow night.. be on the look out for emails from me. you might want to add my email to your address folder so they don't get bounced or sent to your spam folders :)

LauraD
08-18-2007, 11:43 PM
I just now found out about the swap! I hope I am not too late! I already sent in my questions:-)

ADAllen
08-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Ohh I'm so excited, this is so much fun!

jeanius80
08-19-2007, 12:22 AM
I just now found out about the swap! I hope I am not too late! I already sent in my questions:-)
added you laurad!:happydance:

HollyP
08-19-2007, 06:59 AM
I was out of town for a couple of days and am soooooooo excited to see the deadline change!!!! I love that we are getting extra time for reconnaissance and planning! Jeanius you are a genius:star:!

Sharly
08-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Yay!! Got my partner's name!!! And, she gave me lots of good information to work with :yay:

I'll be shopping if anyone is looking for me!!

snowbear
08-19-2007, 09:56 AM
I can't wait.. I'm going to start here, and finish in CA.. I'll be there for about 3 weeks next month.. This is awesome..A theme, hehehe, and a perfect excuse to do more shopping.

*watches email for her swapper's name

Riss
08-19-2007, 10:23 AM
*bounce bounce* I'm SO excited...

Got my swapper... and the ideas are swirling... no... whipping through my head...

Doot doot... Now to convince Gram to take me to an LYS :D

Samsam
08-19-2007, 10:32 AM
:woot:
My parter is perfect for me! Can't wait to shop for them =)

chrislt8
08-19-2007, 10:40 AM
oooh! I'm watching my e-mail like a hawk - can't wait to see who my swappee is!!!!

LauraD - glad you made it! This is going to be a blast!!!:woot:

LauraD
08-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Can't wait!

angel4ever
08-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Waiting patiently for my swap partner...

cando
08-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Swappieee... who aaare youuu? :nails:

flyingfingers
08-19-2007, 12:06 PM
I am really looking forward to this. It is my first swap and its so exciting. I only just signed up yesterday, and I was worried that I might be too late, but I'm not! I am in, I am on the list!!!!! Yayyyyyy.
Question, since this is my first swap, once we are assigned a swappee, are we supposed to tell them who we are or is it a secret?

LauraD
08-19-2007, 12:25 PM
This is my first swap too! I am so excited! I have been watching my email like a crazy person:-)

jeanius80
08-19-2007, 02:01 PM
I am really looking forward to this. It is my first swap and its so exciting. I only just signed up yesterday, and I was worried that I might be too late, but I'm not! I am in, I am on the list!!!!! Yayyyyyy.
Question, since this is my first swap, once we are assigned a swappee, are we supposed to tell them who we are or is it a secret?

you are supposed to keep it a secret. you reveal youself either in the package you send or after they recieve it by email or on here. what ever is more fun for you! :happydance:

angel4ever
08-19-2007, 02:02 PM
YEAH!!!!! I just got my swap partner. This is too cool! Most of the things I like she likes :woohoo::woohoo:

And now the shopping begins...:balloons::balloons:

ETA: This is my first swap also :)

snowbear
08-19-2007, 02:18 PM
*growls at the email... where oh where is my swapper?"

This is worse than X-mas.. Did I mention I'm not a real patient person? lol

*going back to knit... a watched pot never boils. and a watched email never produces...*

:tap:

stirsmommy
08-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Snowbear your post made me feel a lot better. I don't have mine yet either. The anticipation is killing me.

BostonBecca
08-19-2007, 03:37 PM
I just got mine, and it's a perfect pairing.

stirsmommy
08-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I just got mine too. I am so excited. A bit at a loss. Hoping I get it right and all but I still can't wait to get cracking. Do I really have to wait so long to send it???? I might be able to wait until mid September but longer? I will try to behave but truly I can't wait.

LauraD
08-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I got mine! Can't wait!

mare-nitt
08-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Got mine, :woot:. Let the fun begin.

jeanius80
08-19-2007, 04:18 PM
ok i sent as many as i can, but dh is dragging me out the door... we are going to visit his grandma today.. so be patient. i won't be back online until this evening (pacific time)
I am glad you guys are so well matched! i really tried to find great fits :) thanks for being patient when i made mistakes :heart:
now go start planning!

chrislt8
08-19-2007, 04:20 PM
I was out for the day, just got home and first thing I checked was my e-mail. No partner yet!

oooohhh...can't wait :nails: can't wait:nails: can't wait :nails: !!!

momwolf
08-19-2007, 04:28 PM
I got mine:woot: Beware the wolf is at someone's window with candy:roflhard:

snowbear
08-19-2007, 04:31 PM
wow

I got mine, and have already heard from who has me!

It's sooo perfect! I am sooo excited about picking out stuff.. This theme swap is awesome!

* now to planning.. hehehehheh *

:woohoo::woot::cheering:

*sneaks back onto her ice float, and starts surfing the net.. for stuff for swapper... too dang hot to do it outside!*

hob
08-19-2007, 04:45 PM
whooo i just got my swaper!!!! hmmm now im thinking...:woohoo::cheering::happydance::woot::ya y::??

LauraD
08-19-2007, 04:47 PM
I got mine, and have already heard from who has me!

I thought it was supposed to be a secret?

snowbear
08-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Laura.. it is a surprise.. I made up a name and set up an email w/out my real name.. The person who has me did the same...

That way we can correspond w/out giving out who we are!

I emailed who I have by using my made up email... like hotmail, googgle, yahoo.. etc..

The other did the same..

It helps me to get to know the person, ask specific questions, etc.

Like for example.. do you like dark green or light green if they picked green for a color.

Hope that helps...

* back to surfin

LauraD
08-19-2007, 05:28 PM
oooooh thats smart!

lissalue
08-19-2007, 06:08 PM
i got my swap partner, and I am so excited. She is a perfect fit for me too, except that since we like the same colors it will be hard to part with any yarn I buy for her. maybe i should just buy double and keep some. :shifty:

mks22300
08-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Sent off an email to my partner! :)

Sharly
08-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Jeanius did a great job matching us up!! I was so concerned about being able to find things for my partner, but she did such a good job, it should be a snap!! :yay:

stirsmommy
08-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Sent an email to my swapee. Now I am just waiting for a reply:nails: First I could wait to get her now I can't wait to hear from her. I think I need to work on patience! This is such fun.

snowbear
08-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Sent an email to my swapee. Now I am just waiting for a reply:nails: First I could wait to get her now I can't wait to hear from her. I think I need to work on patience! This is such fun.

lol you know what they say about patience... patience is only achieved through persecution... I prefer to say......* have had enough persecution* I need to realize not everyone has my speed in which I perfer things to be done.

lol

btw-- I'm waiting for reply as well, lol

katiebug081504
08-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Do we have to get in touch secretly? I definitely want everything to be a surprise. I'm going shopping with the girl that taught me to knit tomorrow!

ADAllen
08-19-2007, 07:35 PM
I've already ordered stuff for my swapee...:whistle:I had her e-mail for less than an hour before I was like... oh she needs this and this and oh ya definitely that. I got an e-mail from my swapper while I was at dinner so I'll have to e-mail her back:thumbsup:

angel4ever
08-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Wow, you people are quick, lol.

I'm still trying to decide what type of yarn to get. I want to get some Malabrigo for my swapee, but I'm trying to find the right online shop with the colors she likes.

I did find a nice pattern for her though.
The other items I can pick up at the local gourmet store sometime this week.
This is sssssssssoooooooooo much fun !!!!! :woot::woot::woot:

clb1968
08-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Got my swapper and can start shopping, but cant buy anything till next payday, getting my daughter ready for the first grade is expensive. She got some pink cowgirl boots today, she has been running around the house in them all day,lol.

Zebragirlnz
08-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Yay! Came home from work for lunch, and guess what was waiting for me in my email inbox??!! Yep! My swapper!! I can't wait to get shopping! Doing some thinkning first then going from there! My first swap, woohoo so excited!

bah
08-19-2007, 09:45 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet :(

jeanius80
08-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Hi! I am back from our family visit :) we had a nice time (and a yummy dinner too)
I have recieved a few emails, and i am assuming ya'll want me to forward (IN SECRET ;) ) the questions, so i will do my best to do so :)
I am cracking up at you guys too! i can't believe some of you have already ordered stuff! WOW This is going to be so fun watching unfold :yay:

lissalue
08-19-2007, 09:53 PM
i have definitely started looking, and i have contacted a few places about having some yarn special dyed for my partner, and found the pattern i am giving. I haven't purchased anything yet though. I will after the first of the month though!

oneyarn
08-19-2007, 10:09 PM
I came home from work today to find emails from my upstream and the name of my downstream swappee :yay:

I am so lucky the gal I am sending wants to learn how to knit something I know about:woohoo:

That should make it easier to find something she will like.

jeanius80
08-19-2007, 10:32 PM
OK! I sent them all out. In case i screwed up (like sent out someone twice, or forgot to send you a partner,) Please send me an email as follows
Subject: STS
Body of email
Partner recieved, sender contacted me
or
Partner not recieved, no contact from sender...

or you could post here. I am just paronoid i messed up...

ADAllen
08-19-2007, 10:38 PM
OK! I sent them all out. In case i screwed up (like sent out someone twice, or forgot to send you a partner,) Please send me an email as follows
Subject: STS
Body of email
Partner recieved, sender contacted me
or
Partner not recieved, no contact from sender...

or you could post here. I am just paronoid i messed up...
You're doing a great job! Thank you for everything:hug:

hob
08-19-2007, 10:50 PM
wow people are fast im still thinking!:?? i wonder who will be the first to send out?hmmm

jeanius80
08-19-2007, 10:51 PM
:zombie:
so i just had an idea, it was.. inspired ;)

you can wait to send your entire package together on or before October 1st.....
OR .........
:teehee: You can break up your package into a bunch of small packages and mail them randomly (just be sure to get it all out on or before October 1st!), driving your partner crazy :rofl:

chrislt8
08-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Got my partners and e-mails have gone both ways! Now to thinking....and shopping....and thinking....and, um, shopping! :woot:

Jackie Lim
08-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Let's the FUN begins......

momwolf
08-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Jeanie,you are doing a terrific job:woot:I'm having sooooooooo much fun trying to figure out what to send.And the small packages is a great idea:woohoo:I will be driving my swapper crazy:roflhard:
Thanks again for the great idea and the fantastic job you are doing

Riss
08-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Okay... quick question... The person you emailed us about.. I send out to the person i got the email about... does that person then send to me? or does that person send to another person all together kind of like a big circle? Cuz i'm a bit confused. :P

lissalue
08-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Riss, it is like this, person A sends to person B, person B sends to person C, person c sends to person d, etc.

HTH!
melissa

jeanius80
08-19-2007, 11:34 PM
riss- its like one very big and confused circle ;) you won't be getting a package from the person you are sending to.
i think i may have paired two people up that way, and didn't realize it until it was too late to fix it...

so if you figure it out and really are mad about it let me know... otherwise, my lips are sealed and i am sticking to my story ;)

Riss
08-19-2007, 11:37 PM
hehehe okay.. thats kinda what i was figuring, but wanted to make sure. :)

So the next step is we send a teaser email either through you jeanius or from a secret email... to the person we're sending stuff to?

Sorry... its my first swap :X

jeanius80
08-19-2007, 11:41 PM
you can, but it's not required :) if you send through me, just be aware that it may not get thre right away, as i will have to edit the emails.. and chase my 16 month old dd in between repeats of reading Dr Suess's Foot Book:)

Riss
08-19-2007, 11:43 PM
Hahaha okay.. :)

Thank you oh so much...

iwouldratherbeknitting
08-20-2007, 02:27 AM
I came home from work and had an email from my 'swappee'.. yeah!

AND.. my 'secret' person likes almost the same things that I do! This will be fun-- other than, I might not want to give her the things that I buy.. because I like them too.. hummm

Maybe, I can buy 'double' of things? Yep, that's it.. This will be fun..

gargoylelib
08-20-2007, 02:46 AM
:cheering: I was greeted this morning by my swapper and
got the name of my swappee! Hehe, this is my first swap
too and the excitment being generated is almost
overwhelming! What fun! :) Now I can actually start
buying some of that yarn I have been petting and my lys
owner will be relieved to see I am not just some sort of
yarn fetishist! Hehe :)

Libbie

cando
08-20-2007, 03:23 AM
YAY! My swappee was waiting in my inbox when we came home tonight. Sent her an email, waiting to hear back :yay:

Haven't heard from my swapper yet.. maybe tomorrow!

Can't wait to shop.

JamOKnit
08-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Got my swappee's name this morning, and I am so excited!!! She has a lot of cool interests so I think it will be a breeze to shop for her....the problem is knowing when to stop! Ah ha ha ha ha!!! :)

PaperGirl
08-20-2007, 11:15 AM
I got my partner! I cant wait to shop for her!

katiebug081504
08-20-2007, 11:36 AM
How soon can we send stuff to our secret person?

stirsmommy
08-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Jeanie said we could send it in bits to prolong the suspense if we wanted. Are you already done? I am still thinking and waiting to hear back from my swapee.

clb1968
08-20-2007, 01:03 PM
I have recieved an email back from the person I am sending to , but not yet from the one sending to me, not worried yet, I know that people have to sleep sometimes and cant be on the computer 24/7,lol.

Secksiebrat
08-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I have sent an email to the person I am sending a package to and I have received emails from the person who will be sending me a package. Aren't we all on the ball this time :)

:cheering::cheering:

~danielle~