PDA

View Full Version : My first Fauxhawk hat

beckyrhae
07-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Here is my first fauxhawk hat, knit with cascade 220, doubled. Pattern called for Lambs Pride Bulky, but I had these colors left over from my daughters purse and figured I would make a matching mohawk hat... (She can be a bit of a nag when she wants somthing :teehee: )

Anyhow... I will be doing more of these, in LPBulky and another in Cascade... I'll probably make the mohawk part without doubling the knots, just put more in there.

redheadrachel
07-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Wow!!! I absolutely love it - it's so funky and fun! I think you had great color choices. Nice knitting! :D

Slim
07-31-2007, 07:43 AM
Very cute and funky! Those colors are fabulous!

nonny2t
07-31-2007, 09:06 AM
I agree, the colors are delicious! They look great!

Susan P.
07-31-2007, 09:24 AM
I also thought "funky" :) Is the bottom image like a jester's cap made into a bag??

VictoiseC
07-31-2007, 03:22 PM
Just wondering... WHO is going to wear those?

(I love the jester one)

beckyrhae
07-31-2007, 06:23 PM
I also thought "funky" :) Is the bottom image like a jester's cap made into a bag??

that is the "Jester Tentacle Bag" by Cat Bordhi (http://www.catbordhi.com/) it is an actual bag, but you could wear it as a hat.

Just wondering... WHO is going to wear those?

(I love the jester one)

That would be my daughter... teenagers, one minute they are wearing all black and looking Emo, next they are running around town in goofy fauxhawk hats. :roflhard:

MerigoldinWA
07-31-2007, 07:29 PM
Great hat! :cheering::cheering: When the picture first started appearing I thought, "What is this?" All I could see were the fringie things sticking up and a bit of blue and I thought it was like a wild bonnet with a fringie ruffle around the face. :lol: This is better. Life is too short for boring hats!! That's my motto. This one is not boring. :thumbsup: