PDA

View Full Version : Hildie and the terrible horrible no good very bad date

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I had the worst date of my life on Monday... I met this guy, Tommy, on yahoo personals over the weekend and he asked me to go out. I drove up to Rockford, about a 45 minute drive, to meet him. Well. he completely misrepresented himself; first off, and i can say this because I am a voluptuous gal, "full figured" is not the same as "500 pounds". :shock: I was very upfront about my weight issues, and I expected that he was too. Anyway, when I got there, he informed me he doesn't have a car. (nice). So I got to drive us around. He wanted to go for a walk... we went to one of the state parks and followed the bike path along the creek--which smelled like rotten skunk covered in moldy garbage dipped in fish oil and served with a side of "What in the HELL is that smell????" . Anyway, if I had known we were going walking in the wilderness I wouldn't have worn shorts, a tank top, and sandals. The destination was this old stone pavallion, which was actually kind of neat. And it didn't stink. So we're talking, nice day, nice to meet you, blah blah blah, and THEN he pulls out a joint!!! :shock: I'm like... "uhm... yeah, maybe that's not a good idea.." ... he reluctantly put it away. Then he asked me about school, so I started going off on my little tangent like i do, and after about 3 minutes he says "well, you don't have to tell me EVERYTHING! Can I kiss you?" and then proceeds to suck half of my face off... and this is when I discovered his tongue right :ick: As I finally am able to break away, this random snake falls from somewhere above us to the floor and he SCREAMED like a little girl RIGHT in my face. Now, I was startled, taken aback, even frightened for about a third of a second. But he's like "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD WHAT DO WE DO????" So I'm like "it's tiny, it won't hurt us.... but anyway, let's go". So on the way back to the car I somehow tramped through a patch of poison something (which i didn't discover until later, of course, and which wouldn't have happened if I was dressed for the untamed jungle, as it were).

We get to the car, and he says "Let's get something to eat". Fine. We went to Old Chicago (like a fridays or applebees if you don't have them), and I ordered my signature martini (up and extra dirty with 3 olives) and he says "Oh, so you're a dirty girl huh??" :roll: Anyway, food comes; I ate half my burger and about 5 french fries but my stomach was feeling icky from the pleasant aroma of the woods, so I figured I'd take the rest home. Nope, he finished it for me, without even asking. By this time, I'm like, god, how to i get out of here... i need a plan... i need a plan.... THEN the waiter brings the check, and Tommy slides it over to me without even looking and says "thanks for dinner!' :!!!: I was like "Oh... I hope I have enough cash on me..." I went to the bathroom, called my sister in law, who wasn't there of course, and told her to call me ASAFP because I was on a crap date and needed to get out.
I realize I could have just left, but I really thought that would be rude. Anyway, so back to his apartment, at which time he invites me in, and I had to use the washroom, so I did, but made it clear I wasn't staying. He opens the door and there's this musty odor, and he says "Oh, ****, I thought that would have dried out by now... my son overflowed the toilet this morning." :ick: :ick: :ick: So I decide there's no way in hell I'm using the bathroom there. Then he pulls out the joint again, fires it up, and before i had a chance to think of what to do next he gives me a nasty pot-breath sloppy kiss again :ick: My SIL, with impeccable timing, called like a half second later... so she's laughing her *** off at me and I'm saying stuff like "Oh my god! Is everything okay? When was it? Which hospital? No, I can leave..."

Anyway, so I finally left, got in the car, noticed the poison-whatever rash had started. Fantabulous. I was about halfway home and he called me ... "Hey I think you left your sunglasses here. And I had a GREAT time today, you're beautiful and smart and I really think this is going somewhere special".... I said "Oh, I'm sure it's going somewhere special, too" (like right down the damn toilet) and then "yeah I'll call you about the glasses" and hung up.

I'll miss those glasses.

Anyone else have horrendous date stories?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-01-2007, 07:24 PM
And I forgot to mention what he does for a living... he's a part time DJ at a strip club. verrrrry classy. :roll:

Friskums
08-01-2007, 07:31 PM
:shock: :jawdrop:

Poor Hildie! :hug:

I'm glad I wasn't that bad of a date! :teehee:

ADAllen
08-01-2007, 07:37 PM
wow... I would say he could probably benefit from a little rude. I'm a super sap push over gal, but even I wouldn't have come back from the bathroom. I would have left him at the restaurant with no ride and the bill. I definitely would have found my waiter, given him a good tip, and asked that he not be polite to the man at my table any more.

...maybe it is a good thing I'm not dating anymore. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that:hug:

ecuzzacrea
08-01-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm glad I wasn't that bad of a date! :teehee:

Me too :oo:

OMGosh - I'm glad you got out there relatively unscathed. Gosh that sounds awful!

Mariblue
08-01-2007, 07:53 PM
:shock: I'm so sorry! :shock:
Once, when I was in college, I went on a double date with this guy. The other couple turned out to be his ex-girlfriend and some guy she was dating. He was totally trying to make his ex-girlfriend jealous by using me. It wasn't pretty, but it worked, cause they were engaged like two weeks later.
But, it's definately not as bad as what you just went through. I wouldn't have even gone to the restaurant with him. I would have driven him home and dumped him right there!:ick:

Jan in CA
08-01-2007, 07:56 PM
:passedout: Good god, Hildie! You need to talk to these people longer before you go out with them! Some of this weird creepiness might have come out... I'm glad you survived, but I think I'd write those glasses off!

Jeremy
08-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Ok. Let me see if I get this straight. He lied to you about his appearance, led you through a vermin infested smelly dump,made you drive and left you with the check for dinner and you were worried about being rude?

You deserve way better than this.

wildforyarn
08-01-2007, 07:59 PM
:ick: Sounds like you had a rotten day! Sorry! I would have gotten up when he slid the bill over to me and said, "No, thank YOU!" And then I would have run away! Yuck-o!

BinkyKat
08-01-2007, 08:01 PM
For some reason, during the description of the walk...I envisioned that scene from, what is it SNL, MadTV... for the dating service "Lowered Expect tay ay shunsss". But of course you are not the frumpy woman, but the frumpy guy is on there and they are wandering around in a crappy watery channel area like where Danny ran his car in Thunder Road...remember?
I haven't had any baaaaad dates...not many dates in my life for that matter...but I did have one guy, altho he impressed my dad by stopping by looking for me and left a rose from his mom's bushes for me...the bad part is all he EVER talked about on the phone or on a sort of date we went on was his clothes, how he likes to dress, where he likes to shop. he was MetroSexual before that term came about...Booorrrrrrring!:pout:
But this guy? Gross, dumb, and apparently oblivious to his unattractiveness in manner...he has a kid? apparently some chic went back for her sunglasses before...don't you do it!:ick:

Ingrid
08-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Yeah! Some people deserve rudeness!!!!

Next time meet a new guy at a Starbucks or something so you can put on your sneakers and run if it looks like he's a jerk.

Sewing Angel
08-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Wow! Thats a pretty horrible date! At least he lives 45 minutes away and has no car! I hope you meet someone nice and relatively normal soon.
Angel

traceleighj
08-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Oh! I totally feel for you! I felt like I was having a deja vu moment when I read about your date. I had almost the same thing happen to me but the guy was drinking while he was driving. He ate my meal off my plate (without asking) and then made some rude reference about the Meatloaf song paying on the radio that I said I liked Paradise by the Dashboard Light- "Is that how you lost it?"

Needless to say it was the last I ever saw of him. There are better guys out there, just hang in there. I did and now he's stuck with me!

misha rf
08-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Oh, that's horrible. Next time, set up in advance for your sister to call you early on. If things are going ok, then fine. If not, use her call to bail.

I once went on a date with a guy (met via a personal ad...please don't ask) who bathed in his cologne, wore a ton of jewelry (pinkie ring, big chain, etc.) and wore his hair in a pompador. Oh, and he wore knee-length shorts with a tank top & a leather jacket. Yeah. :ick: And he brought his kids, b/c their babysitter was grounded & he didn't want to cancel our date. He proceded to tell me all through dinner about how messed up his ex-wife was (in front of the kids) and repeatedly told the kids that if they didn't behave, the "nice lady won't go out with your dad again." He actually thumped one of the kids in the middle of the forehead for misbehaving. :shock: He said it was better than spanking. No second date for him!

I do NOT miss the dating world!!!!

ASAFP--I like that!! I'm going to steal it!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-01-2007, 09:13 PM
yeah, I decided that I'm not going to meet anyone else
unless we've talked much more extensively. And I didn't meete him at his apartment, I met him at city hall because it was the closest "landmark" to his apartment which I knew how to get to.

:heart: Jeremy :teehee:

It really was just comical by the end of the evening... I thought it was a funny story to tell :teehee:

traceleigh :shock: OmG!!!!

misha, that';s pretty funny... the babysitter was grounded. :roll: how lame!

friskums you were the BESTESTEST date I've had EVER!!!!! :hug:

jeanius80
08-01-2007, 09:41 PM
oh! i feel bad for you, what sucky date! and you lost your sunglasses. ugh. some people have no clue how rude or gross their behaviour can be :ick:

at least you can laugh at it!

auburnchick
08-01-2007, 09:48 PM
:hug::hug::hug:

Oh gosh...it's kind of funny, but not. I'm so, so sorry!!!!

I only dated a couple of guys before I got married, and I just didn't get asked out much, so I have no stories to share. I can only offer up hugs and prayers that the next guy you go out with has a few manners.

:hug:

vaknitter
08-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Your date sounds horrible and makes me love that I am not dating anymore. Funny thing is my bad date stories are from someone I thought I knew prior to our date and my blind date (that I said NO to for almost 3 yrs) is now my husband.

My "bad" dates don't even come close to yours so I won't even bother. When I think about it though it amazes me that my hubby and I stayed together through our dates..keep in mind we lived almost 3hrs apart when set-up. 1st date water main at my house broke so I met him at a hotel and when he got there I realized I had locked room key in the door and had to wait in line to get another key (nope, not blonde), 2nd date I had told him I grew up kayaking so he planned a kayaking outing in white water kayaks (not the same as touring kayaks I own) so I spend they day paddling 180's, 3rd date I dodged his attempt at first kiss, 4th date tried to poison him with bad meat (realized it before serving) and we ended up eating pasta salad and dessert. Oh yeah, and somewhere along the line he let me ride his motorcycle (I have my license) and I layed it down in a parking lot :oo:, we went mountain biking and I flipped my bike over a tree root and knocked the wind out of myself and fractured a couple of ribs....

Spikey
08-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Wow! That sounds like it should be right up there on the "suckiest dates of all time" list. So sorry!! :hug: A least you have a funny story to share.

He should have to mail you your sunglasses. It is the very least he can do after making you drive and pay for dinner. But to a PO box, though. Definitely don't want this guy knowing where you live!

dreamsherl
08-01-2007, 10:06 PM
I so sorry that you had such a bad date with that loser (and that is exactly what he is). I would have had the server split the check at dinner and split myself. Use the first date to set the rules. It makes things so much easier. Lastly, there wasn't anything that you could have done to be rude. Ending it early would have saved you from some of that nightmare. :grphug:

LibraryLady
08-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Hildie! I'm so glad you got out of there reasonably safe and sane! :yay:

You are WAY too good of a woman to ever settle for a date involving a 45 minute drive BY YOU!!!!! If they can't drive to meet you, don't go for it! :tap:

At the very least, make sure you meet in the middle - don't you be putting out for them! Even if the putting out is just driving! :poke:

Like the other's said, go for just a cup of coffee or a walk, forget a dinner date until after you've met him once or twice... - can you say romance? Yes, I knew you could... :cheering:

You can do this! You is armed and dangerous! You got's knittin' needles! Take on the world of dating with an attitude! :hug::muah:

I consider the sunglasses a cost of the evening, unless they're prescription or undeniably expensive, who would want to be in contact with this guy again? :shrug:

Ok, my horror story. First date went ok - calls me for a second, I happened to be busy that weekend with a prior engagement of friends in a small apt. Get a call while at said engagement, his 20 yo son had just been killed. Second date, his son's funeral. :sad: His out-of-town family thought it we'd been dating a long time, and I ended up taking care of them... after 6 months one of his friends told me he couldn't stand to look at me because of the memories... :help:

LL

dakatzmeow
08-01-2007, 11:43 PM
ugh, i've had my share of sloppy kisses and booty call type dates, but yours takes the cake.

blech! *hands hildie the Listerine*

zazzu
08-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Hildie,

Look at it this way....considering that you spent time alone with this creep in the car and in his apartment and lived to tell the tale, well, maybe you're actually incredibly lucky.

Do NOT go back to his apartment alone to retrieve your sunglasses. You can get new sunglasses - the old ones aren't worth putting your safety at risk.

Just glad that you're safe.

JenLions
08-02-2007, 01:09 AM
You were brave to go into his apartment! Be careful! You don't know what kind of freaks are out there!

I have had my share of baddddddddddddd dates until I met my wonderful husband.

Keep your head up. Someday you will find your prince.:

clink:

redheadrachel
08-02-2007, 02:46 AM
DJ at a strip club? I somehow can't picture you with a man who has that particular taste in music... :note:
I'm sorry that your date was so incredibly horrible, but on the bright side, I got several good laughs from your account.
Yikes!

SabrinaJL
08-02-2007, 04:09 AM
That story managed to be horrible and hilarious at the same time. Neat trick. :teehee: I wish I had a story I could share, but I'm 30 and have been with my husband since I was 15. And after reading stories like this, completely glad of it.

iza
08-02-2007, 07:53 AM
:passedout: This is so bad... it's actually funny. :teehee: I can tell you whoever you date afterwards can only do better! :shock:

I told that story to my boyfriend and he said "Wow that's got to be from the Simpsons, it can't be real". :teehee:

Susan P.
08-02-2007, 08:21 AM
LOL I did a research project - extensive - on online social interaction and heard some beauties (stories) thrown out by people. Unbelievable..what a classsseeeee dude. I doubt after all that I would have gone up to his apartment.

I would have felt like taking two hot showers after than experience and using a bottle of listerine LOL

GinnyG
08-02-2007, 09:13 AM
:passedout: as Jan said GOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to sound like such a MOTHER but I was REALLY alarmed when you got to the part about actually going to his apartment. There were so many red flags throughout the evening that you really should not have done that!!!! There really are ALOT of freaks out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaydee
08-02-2007, 09:45 AM
OMG Hilde!!! It sounds like something that youíd see on a sitcom or something. Iím sorry that was so bad for you.

My bad date doesnít even compare to yours but a few years ago when I was home for the summer from college, my momís friend insisted on setting me up on a blind date with one of her friendís sons. I kept telling her I wasnít looking to date someone at the time but when she was at my house she called him and set up a date for us! She told me that he was a shy guy and that Iíd have to be the aggressor, which was a problem for me since Iím pretty shy around people until I really get to know them. We met for coffee at Starbucks and let me tell you shy didnít even begin to describe this guy. He was so awkward and barely talked. Iíd ask him a question and heíd give me one word answers and that was it. When someone says something like ďso where are you from?Ē donít you usually respond ďwell Iím from xyz, how about you?Ē I got nothing from him, it was basically a one sided conversation. After about an hour of torture I told him that I had a ton of things to get done because I was planning my parentís 30th anniversary party at the time. We had a super awkward hug goodbye and never talked to each other again. I just told my momís friend he wasnít my type.

Ronda
08-02-2007, 10:26 AM
One day maybe you will be able to laugh at this. (I'm sorry, I did kind of chuckle over it!) It sounds like a nightmare!!

dustinac
08-02-2007, 10:36 AM
:teehee: wow...I agree on some people deserve rudeness...I did chuckle a bit too.. I'm glad to read that you are going to talk to them more before going out with them...becareful :hug:

cftwo
08-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Poor Hildie!

lissalue
08-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Although I feel really bad for you Hildie, this story made me :roflhard:. But then I was very :pout:. Then, I :roflhard: a little more. :shifty:

I don't really have a bad date story that I can remeber. Dh and I have been together since I was 18, and I only really dated 2 guys before that. THe first passed away my senior year in high school, and the second decided he was gay, got hooked on drugs, and robbed a bank pretending a stick was a gun. He is in jail now.

stitchwitch
08-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Holy cr**!! :passedout: I thought I had a few bad ones where the guy wouldn't talk or a few minutes into it we both knew we were on separate sides of the world and it would never go anywhere but I never had a date like that. Thankfully! You poor thing!!!:hug:

Sharly
08-02-2007, 11:03 AM
wow... I would say he could probably benefit from a little rude. I'm a super sap push over gal, but even I wouldn't have come back from the bathroom. I would have left him at the restaurant with no ride and the bill. I definitely would have found my waiter, given him a good tip, and asked that he not be polite to the man at my table any more.
...maybe it is a good thing I'm not dating anymore. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that:hug:

I totally agree with Amanda!!

janelanespaintbrush
08-02-2007, 11:10 AM
:hug:I'm so glad you're safe! Please don't worry about being "rude" in a situation like that. He started it, after all.

I've met some really amazing people through personals in the past (including DH), so I know it can be a successful. Please be more careful, though. I'm the paranoid, type, but I'll list some of the guidelines that worked for me...

Screen, screen, screen! Don't consent to meet someone unless they satisfy your criteria. You have to decide what they are, but remember, you are an incredibly intelligent, funny, caring, and super cool person, and you don't deserve any less. Never, ever settle. When you write your ad, make it clear what you're looking for. It's good to have high standards. It will impress the people you want to attract, and hopefully dissuade the ones you don't.

When you decide a candidate might be worth getting to know better, don't give him your phone number. Ask for his, and make sure your number is blocked when you call. Don't divulge any identifying information (address, work place, etc.) until you're sure you can trust him.

Meet in daylight, at a public place that you don't usually frequent. Set time limits beforehand. You can always change them later. If you don't like him, take a non-direct route home.

Don't go anywhere alone with him when you first meet -- taking a walk seemed very risky to me (as did letting him into your car, for that matter), but as I said earlier, I'm paranoid.

If you have any reservations at any point, trust your instincts. They are probably right on. As a woman, the ball is really in your court. You'll get tons of responses compared to guys. You can afford to be choosy!

threesmom
08-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Ok. Let me see if I get this straight. He lied to you about his appearance, led you through a vermin infested smelly dump,made you drive and left you with the check for dinner and you were worried about being rude?

You deserve way better than this.

I'm absolutely with Jeremy here - you, RUDE, after THIS?!? Good God - he's an absolute a**! I'm all for being nice, and I'm usually pretty non-confrontational, but you way beat me on the nice-o-meter on this one. I think at some point I would have been like - This is a joke, right? Where are the Candid Cameras? And he has a child???? Who would procreate with this person?

And on the safety factor - please be safe!! I know when I was dating, and I met my husband online, I often would think by being aware, I would be able to keep myself safe. Now I just think I was lucky - actually super lucky since my now dh was my first, and only one of 2, online meet ups.

Better luck next time, Hildie - and treat yourself to a new pair of stellar sunglasses - you deserve them!

Friskums
08-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Well, if it's any consolation, I would have stuck it out too. (Until someone called and gave me an 'excuse'. :teehee: )

Which, by the way, you can always use me for too. :thumbsup:

AnreeAce
08-02-2007, 12:04 PM
OMG Hilde! I don't know if I should be :!!!: or :roflhard:!

Chel
08-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Ohhhhhh I feel your pain.

My worst story is this: I liked a guy named Kenny for about a year. Then we started dating. During this time I became friends with all his coworkers, met his family, and got close to his mom and his neice. The only wrinkle was his best friend who told me, "No offense, I just can't see Kenny settling down with someone like you. He doesnt date fat chicks." o.O

We dated for a year and a half. I had my own apartment but we lived an hour and a half apart so we talked every day on the phone and he drove down every Friday night and stayed the weekend. I was so head over heels for him and was thrilled the night he proposed. We were on the couch, him reading his auto mag and me reading a poetry book and he informed me that he wanted us to always be like that, together-peaceful and happy and asked me to marry him.

3 days after he proposed that pesky best friend of his introduced him to this other girl and somehow he moved in with her that weekend. Needless to say I was devastated.

These days I remember him fondly but am happy it didn't work out. If he was so easily able to move from me to her then he was merely "settling" for me because I was the best he had at the moment. Thats not something to base a relationship on. I take 2nd place to no one.

We both deserve better than how we were treated. ((((HUG))))

Sara
08-02-2007, 12:41 PM
The "walk in a wooded area" got to me a little. :shock:

Stay safe, girl!

And please make sure you don't end up dating my not-soon-enough-to-be-ex-brother-in-law!:pray::teehee:

PaperGirl
08-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Goodness! What a horrible nasty creepy man!

Im so sorry! You deserve so much better than that. :hug::hug:

Ive met ALOT of people from online, but never in a dating sense...Ive traveled to Michigan to meet my best friend, and his family. And to Las Vegas for a Def Leppard fan convention, and I set up a get together for a group of friend from an 80s message board...

BUT...I talked and chatted with these people for almost 2 years before I met any of them.

suziehomemaker
08-02-2007, 01:43 PM
What a horrible date. You definitely win the prize with that one. Let's hope the next date is so great that you're dizzy with glee!

Here's mine:
In college my sorority had a mixer with a fraternity at a college in the next town over. It was mandatory and a toga party. Alcohol and sheets for clothing never mix well. Well there was this guy who's sheet kept falling off - we just called him Naked Phil - he was very persistent with getting my phone number for a date. I finally agreed, he won me over because he was ex-military had very good stories to tell (I was not sober). First date was a double - no one spoke but us - very awkward. Second date was a movie. I really like Nick Cage so we though 8MM would be fun. Ugh, I got sick to my stomach watching that retched movied. On the way home he tried to kiss me, I flat out said "not today"

Oh and while we're pulling up to my house he passes the driveway, sees a cop, gets nervous, puts the truck in reverse and floors it - almost hitting the cop. I just got out of the truck and let him to deal with the police officer.

About 6 months later I met my DH at a Ladies Night party - thank God! Dating is so hard! My SIL just recently used Match.com and had a blast dating people, it was very easy to reject them if they weren't her type.

snephenie
08-02-2007, 01:57 PM
I hope this isn't in poor taste to ask.

I also know that I was away from KH for a while, but I seriously thought you were married Hilde??

Friskums
08-02-2007, 02:12 PM
I hope this isn't in poor taste to ask.

I also know that I was away from KH for a while, but I seriously thought you were married Hilde??
:psst: They've divorced.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Yes, divorced, and happily so!!! :hug: Just had my 2 month anniversary :blooby: ( and it was not in poor taste, either, so don't worry :hug: )

I should mention that I was prepared with pepper spray in my pocket the whole night... and I had it IN my hand when i went to his apartment. I'm not a complete idiot!!! :teehee:

And the story was meant to be funny, not, uhm... alarming. I'm glad all of you :heart: me enough to be worried though!! :grphug:

ETA: i'm sure i could have out run the guy, if necessary. and there were other people around in the woods; lot's of hikers and bikers)

Sara
08-02-2007, 02:42 PM
*sigh of relief* I'm happy to know that you were armed!:heart:

(I would have used the pepper spray on him for trying to snog me!:teehee:)

suziehomemaker
08-02-2007, 02:45 PM
I had tons of faith in you. Besides - we all know how to karate chop to the jugular, right? Or was that kick to the groin?

Either way, one quick movement and you're out of there!

willowangel
08-03-2007, 05:19 AM
Oh sweetie, he sounds like a complete *******, but I probably would have stuck it out too - I hate hurting people's feelings, even if they're being really mean to me.

Not had too many dates from hell myself, mostly I've gone out with friends, but an ex-friend of mine (long story) had a funny one -

We were all going to a friend's for Hogmanay (New Year's Eve), and I invited this friend, my neighbour, along, cause she didn't have anywhere to go. She didn't want to go on her own, so figured it would be a good first date for her and this guy she liked - she'd have someone to talk to if she didn't get on with my friends, and we'd look after her if he turned out to be mental. He agreed, but asked if he could stay on her couch cause it was a 3 hour drive back to his after a party. She agreed, cause she can look after herself.

So we get there, and he seems nice enough, but over the course of the evening his hand is moving further and further up her thigh and she seems quite uncomfortable. Then something comes up in the conversation, can't remember what, and he says, 'Well [friend] and I haven't had sex yet..' and laughs. Everyone looks at him thinking, 'And now you're never going to...'. Stupid thing to say. Only then, as we're all having more and more to drink, [friend] asks what it is about breasts that guys find so fascinating. There's 4 guys and 2 bisexual girls, so we all answer, and it goes round in a circle, with the guy last. As the questioning starts, people are talking about 'comforting', 'squishy' etc, and someone says to him that he's got 5 minutes to come up with a really good answer. And it gets to him and he comes out with : 'They're the first thing you see when you dig up a body'. We're all a bit stunned and laugh nervously, and then he tries to defend his answer, saying 'You know, before you ask her name'.

At this point the girls and I call an emergency meeting in the kitchen about how the hell to get rid of this guy, with [friend] getting a little stressed and my bloke at the time giving her his pocket knife just in case.

She soon decides to leave, and he goes with her.. We watch out of the window and tell her she has to call the minute she gets home (it's only a 5 minute walk). We've already decided that there's no chance in hell he's staying in her flat with her, and she can just use the excuse of she's a woman on her own and isn't comfortable, he can sleep in his car.

She gets home and calls us, out of breath, saying that when she asked him to sleep outside, he'd got really angry, saying that she'd said he could stay, and that he thought they'd got on well. She said, 'well, you did say a few weird things, made people uncomfortable' and he said, 'God almighty, when will women learn to get a sense of humour'. She just looked at him and something switched in her head and she just bolted, made it all the way home in less than 2 minutes. He kept trying to call her, trying wheedling, angry, passing it off as a joke, etc, but eventually gave up. Then, in the morning, she got a message asking if he could come up for a cup of tea!

Needless to say, it didn't go anywhere, but the really stupid bit is that, 6 months later, she got a text out of nowhere from him saying that he'd enjoyed their date and would really like to see her again, he hoped it wasn't too late! She never replied. She can laugh about it now - on the night she said that she'd given us anecdote fodder for years, how true it was ;-)

Kaydee
08-03-2007, 10:18 AM
I had tons of faith in you. Besides - we all know how to karate chop to the jugular, right? Or was that kick to the groin?

Either way, one quick movement and you're out of there!

Or just remember to SING: Solar plexus, Insteap, Nose, Groin as Sandra Bullock would say:teehee:

mulene
08-03-2007, 10:31 AM
OMG Hilde... I am SO sorry you had such a terrible date but I am also going to have to apologise because I'm with your SIL I was LMFAO at how surreal that must have been.

I'm with Jeremy too - you were worried about being rude? Crazy lady - go out this weekend and buy some nice new sunglasses ;)

debinoz
08-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Sorry about the date from hell.... just don't let it get you down. I didn't date from the age of 20 up until I was 28.... the reason involved a 44 magnum very close-up and personal, laying on the snowy ground in a tank top and skirt with my hands above my head and 3 hours in a police station. I really honestly thought he was just getting out to pee behind a tree.

Dangles
08-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Debi, oh my goodness :( :hug:

Aww, Hilde sorry about your poopy date.

Sanibelle
08-04-2007, 10:32 AM
OMG Hilde - I am just so glad you survived the night.... and very glad you posted that you had pepper spray with you. That was probably one of the worst date stories I have ever heard.

Limey
08-04-2007, 05:48 PM
GOOD GRIEF LASS!!

The man can consider himself lucky - anybody who wanted me to schlepp with them into unknown woods would have got a sharp kick up the teddy bear!

I'm really sorry, Hildi, and feel bad about sitting here, chortling my head off but you've got something out of it, at any rate, - no matter what you do, please keep a copy of your post - it's pure gold - it was so horribly hilarious, you couldn't make it up:roflhard:

Send it to a magazine - it'll more than pay for the dinner.

Warmest Wishes

zip
08-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Sorry about the date from hell.... just don't let it get you down. I didn't date from the age of 20 up until I was 28.... the reason involved...

How does one recover from something like that?
Wow. Respect to you.

Hildie, go slow out there. Make them earn your trust before being with them anywhere but in a well-lit public place.

Sharly
08-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Debi: :hug:

Hope you have someone wonderful in your life now!

debinoz
08-05-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks. And yes I have a very wonderful husband. We've been together almost 17 years. My sister used to nag at me all the time for not dating. She'd say, "Mr. Right isn't just gonna come knocking on your door!" You'll never guess how I met my DH......

Dangles
08-05-2007, 03:19 AM
Thanks. And yes I have a very wonderful husband. We've been together almost 17 years. My sister used to nag at me all the time for not dating. She'd say, "Mr. Right isn't just gonna come knocking on your door!" You'll never guess how I met my DH......

Now I'm curious. Debi, I'm happy for you :) :hug:

stitchwitch
08-05-2007, 10:59 AM
So has this Mr. Wonderful guy called you about the sunglasses yet?! :roflhard: Or did he catch a clue and realize maybe he wasn't your type? Or anybody's type for that matter.

BinkyKat
08-05-2007, 11:12 AM
sharp kick up the teddy bear
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
I love that...can I borrow it?:teehee::teehee::teehee:

zip
08-05-2007, 11:55 AM

No way. He did not. :teehee: That's so cool.

cheesiesmom
08-05-2007, 01:08 PM
I apologize. I was laughing hysterically before I read that you thought (in retrospect) this was a funny story. You need to write it up and submit it to some sitcom. It would be a great episode. Too bad Sex and the City is no longer producing.

On the serious side, the thought of meeting complete strangers over the 'net (KH excepted) is so scary. If he had been determined, the pepper spray would have been useless. BE CAREFUL; IT'S DANGEROUS OUT THERE!!!!

(I'd be upset if my DD told me this story!)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Debi!! :hug: details!

I guess meeting someone online is the same as meeting someone in a bar, right? I mean, I wouldn 't meet someone in a bar and go off alone in the dark to talk to them, and I wouldn't do that with someone I'd met online either.

i hadn't heard from him, so I send him an email saying "i guess from your lack of communication you're not interested; keep the sunglasses, it's not worth my effort to come get them." :twisted:

Yesterday i bought a new pair of shades and ordered this nifty gadget (http://www.tbotech.com/stun-pen.htm) . it will be here tomorrow :happydance:

Jan in CA
08-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Whoa... is that legal in Illinois? Sounds good though!

Jeremy
08-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Whoa... is that legal in Illinois? Sounds good though!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

willowangel
08-05-2007, 06:34 PM
That was always my reply to people about meeting guys off the internet - guys in bars lie too, surely not all bars are frequented by rocket scientists, astronauts, special ops soldiers and spies?

debinoz
08-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Okay... details. I'll warn you they are not very exciting though. My parents lived in the country and my aunt had the farm across the road. My cousin had been working in Georgia and brought a friend home with him. I lived about 2 miles on down the road and usually visited my parents during the day and left about the time they got home from work because they'd come over to visit with my dad. One Saturday, my mom asked me to take her to town because Dad was busy cutting hay. On the way back, I dropped her off at the field and took her groceries on home. About 15 minutes after I'd got the groceries lugged in, there was a knock on the door. This guy I'd never seen before was standing there asking for my dad. I told him he wasn't there to come back later. Imagine my suprise when he then said he had known my dad wasn't home, but had seen me from across the road and wanted to meet me, did I want to go out for pizza?? The rest is history!!

janelanespaintbrush
08-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Okay... details. I'll warn you they are not very exciting though.

I think that's very exciting!

Sharly
08-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Yesterday i bought a new pair of shades and ordered this nifty gadget (http://www.tbotech.com/stun-pen.htm). it will be here tomorrow :happydance:

Hildie - I really like that! Just my luck, though, I would get the flashlight and the stunner confused and zap someone by mistake!! Or, try to disable someone with a light beam!

Okay... details.

Awww - that is really sweet!! So romantic :heart:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-06-2007, 01:24 PM
deb that is so cute!!!!

jan, i don't know if it's legal in IL or not, but i don't think i'll get in too much trouble if i use it on a guy who's being an ***

jeanius80
08-06-2007, 02:06 PM
debi- that is the cutest story!:heart:
hildie- i'd carry a stun pen after that fiasco too! :lol:

Andrea
08-06-2007, 05:13 PM
deb that is so cute!!!!

jan, i don't know if it's legal in IL or not, but i don't think i'll get in too much trouble if i use it on a guy who's being an ***

Actually, Hildie, it is illegal. Even if you used it, you could get charged as well. And you can't carry a concealed weapon in Illinois, and considering this tries to look like a flashlight...?

And you should have been submitted through a background check before getting it, because in our state, this is like owning a gun. You are supposed to have a FOID card to own this. I can't believe they say they won't ship to Illinois, and then they did. That worries me...unless you had someone else receive it and send it to you...

I'd stick to the pepper spray. Or better screening. :shrug: Just be careful. 800,000 watts is worse than a taser and we can't even have those yet (yet the general public is carrying around crap like this...but I digress...)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-07-2007, 06:32 PM
:shock: warned by the popo! thanks andrea :hug:

rebecca
08-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Hilde, Honey, I'm so very, very sorry that this happened to you :hug: from a friend.
But, I must add this, I've been feeling bad, in excruciating pain with the hip/leg (plus all the ankle things ya'll don't even know about) and I've had a case of the blues. Again, I have to say I'm SO SORRY this happened, BUT your story telling of the evening has perfomed a miracle...pretty much gotten me out of the "poor me" funk...for that, my friend :notworthy: I thank you :muah:
For real, sorry it happened and thanks so much for relieving me of the blues!! FYI, you do ROCK, my friend:cheering:

Andrea
08-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Just be careful, Hildegard, you're loved by many here :hug:

:muah:

debinoz
08-09-2007, 01:53 AM
I'd probably wind up shocking the s*** out of myself with one of those things.

mulene
08-09-2007, 09:06 AM
I'd probably wind up shocking the s*** out of myself with one of those things.

LMAO me too - don't think they are legal here in blighty certainly pepper spray isn't - we just have to use our hands to magically scare off any attackers :roll:

JessicaR
08-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Hildie, I'm sorry to say this but I just love reading your story over and over. It's also because you are a great storyteller. I even made my hubby read it. He said he'd been on a few bad dates and I said "Yeah, I'm just the bad date that never ended!" ;)

I can't help but think you dated my brother in the future. He seems to be on his way :wall:So ladies, if you ever meet a guy named Ted Kmiecik, RUN AWAY!!!

kemp
08-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Oh. Mah. Gawsh. I can't believe this story Hilde!!! If it wasn't coming from you I'd swear someone made it up. What a total loser. I'm so glad you got out *relatively* unscathed (UGH...I can't believe he had the nerve to kiss you and use tongue)

sinistral_needler
08-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Dear Hildie,
I hope I never go on a date like that, although I have met a few guys on Yahoo that are close to your description. And they are just plain ICK.

Don't be afraid to be assertive. I have learned that no one will take care of you except yourself .. especially on a blind date! This creepy creep wouldn't have cried in his pillow because you enforced your boundaries.

The last guy I dated lived in a small town about 35 minutes away from my home. He drove over here for the first date but that was it - I had to do the driving from then on. He was also Mr. Non-Romantic, no hugging, kissing, anything - worse than a dead fish (and probably as limp too - HA, did I type that?!?). He had some good qualities that I really liked but he really made a crappy boyfriend. I am so glad we are not together anymore ..

He had a weiner dog, and I would call the dog the wonder pup, just to be cute .. and cause I wondered if the guy had a weiner (the wonder-weiner) .. maybe I have a dark sense of humor .. but I don't think the guy ever made the connection. teehee.

Ellen Edwards
08-10-2007, 04:24 PM
GOod gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaareeeeeeeeeeeeeef!

That is pitiful--he is gross -- gross and just awful. I can't even think whether the kiss was worse or sticking you with the ride and the dinner check--I just don't know. I'm kinda overwhelmed by the whole thing. :zombie:

NowI don't wonder if I missed anything by marrying young and not going out with but a couple of guys before I met my dh!:whoosh:

momwolf
09-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Just wondering what happened to ya since your last bad date?

VictoiseC
09-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi Hildie, long time no talk!:waving:

Oh MY GOD! !!!! The SNAKE just really did it for me.... I can't help it, that's the funniest story I've read in ages. I swear, you should write... short stories at least because you are one funny writer! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE PAID! Yes, I agree with those who said you need to get to know your dates better first. But let me add one important thing: Coming from a girl who talked her way out of a rape once upon a time... Don't go into the apartment with someone you don't know well. Please. You were lucky nothing really bad happened, it would've been so easy for him. So, ok? Watch out! Too many weirdos out there. What a jerk. But what a story! whew

Queen of Rust
09-07-2007, 01:51 PM
:thud:
Holy mohair!

I wouldn't have paid for dinner. At least not for his half of dinner. I would have gone to the server and told her that you and your 'date' would be paying seperately and then pay the waiter your part of the bill & tip.

I definitely wouldn't have gone into his apartment.

But then again, I once went on a blind date that ended up with my date being arrested on for skipping bail on an assault and battery charge. :doh:

VictoiseC
09-07-2007, 02:06 PM
I think Hildie's soft side got in the way when that check came. Thinking about it again, I'll bet this guy (and a lot of other "daters from the Internet" got a whole system worked out to get lots of free meals. grrrrrrrrrr CHEAPSKATES

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-09-2007, 03:09 PM
HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :waving:

Dating has been going well! I took your advice to heart (everyone) and I've gotten to know more nice guys and been able to steer clear of the perverts :)

:hug: to all of you who missed me! My latest class was off the HOOK difficult, and school started two weeks ago, and... well, just go here to my new blog (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=65439) for the new adventures of HildieVK:)

Dangles
09-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Okay... details. I'll warn you they are not very exciting though.

Aww, how cute is that :)

Hilde, haha nice new gadget you have there :) I'm happy that the dating scene has been better for you :hug: