View Full Version : My first ballband dishcloth!

08-02-2007, 01:19 AM
I bought yarn tonight, to make a ballband dishcloth. I have seen too many pictures and couldn't picture how the pattern made the bricks! LOL! I also wondered what the back looked like, too! It's really an easy pattern and I got so far, just tonight! I can't believe I've never come across this pattern before!:woot:

Susan P.
08-02-2007, 01:44 AM
Great pattern that shows blue and yellow do indeed make green appear! :) I came back to edit because i saw that the ball of yarn had all 3 colours.. I had only concentrated on the cloth when I first looked. LOL. Sorry

08-02-2007, 06:56 AM
I want to try one of these, it looks but it doesn't look easy.

I found a pattern on pattern central, would that be the best one to try?

Susan P.
08-02-2007, 07:28 AM
I wondered whether this was a copyright issue but I suspect the pattern has been around for a while and is now just associated with that yarn. Here is a pattern:

08-02-2007, 08:56 AM
I agree that this is, really, an easy pattern. I like the yarn you selected. The colors work quite well together!

08-02-2007, 08:56 AM
I love how the yellow 'disappears' a bit. The first thing it reminded me of was the beginning of the yellow brick road. (yes i realize that it doesn't look anything like that, but that is what I thought of)

08-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Isn't that a great pattern? You've got a great start. I've done quite a few ball bands.

08-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I have been on ravelry.com and was also inspired by all of them and I have started one but I am wondering what the back looks like?:think: Could you please post a picture of the back?

08-02-2007, 11:53 PM
I took a picture of the front and the back tonight! They do look different!

08-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Thank you! Now I have a idea of what it should look like when I finish it!

08-05-2007, 02:30 AM
That is a nice pattern. It looks like a fun pattern to watch develop. Love the colors.

08-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I love the ballbands! :cheering: Bright colors work awesome on this. I actually fell for it because it's featured in the Mason-Dixon knitting book. Those gals have a fun blog. The pattern is originally found inside the ball band of Elmore-Pisgah "Peaches & Creme" yarn. Same stuff as the Lily Sugar & Creme. Walmart sells the P & C. The website has TONS of colors!!!!! FYI.. in case someone already mentioned all this...I kinda blab before reading first :teehee:

08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Very nice...thanks for sharing the pictures!!

08-05-2007, 06:52 PM
It is an easy knit, isn't it. And it's easy to remember the pattern too! And guess what!? It's a terrific dishcloth when it's done! Mine is my favorite of all the ones I've made. It's thick but not too thick. :woot:It's even attractive in a single colour, if anyone wants to test drive the pattern first. I used a variegated yarn and it's gorgeous! Must knit more! After the socks...... samm

08-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks, everyone! It was fun to knit. I finished it yesterday, and took a picture, but never got around to downloading the pictures. I will do it tomorrow.

Now I'm doing a Diamond Drop Lace pattern, from the mid-April monthly KAL and it's driving me crazy. I have to pay so much attention to what I'm doing, or it doesn't work out! Argh.

08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Here is the picture of my finished ballband cloth. I think it would be cool to make another one and switch the colors around. Then the variegated yarn would be the "mortar" and the yellow would be the "bricks."

08-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Very nice! I love the blue/green "fadeaway". It looks great, and very functional too!

08-08-2007, 09:46 AM
I love it!! This is such a fun pattern!! I have these exact colors in my stash-I just made one with turquoise "mortar" and fiesta "bricks"-its so bright and fun! I have to make more <grin>

Thanks for sharing yours! I may have to try this combo next!