PDA

View Full Version : My first ballband dishcloth!

dawnk777
08-02-2007, 01:19 AM
I bought yarn tonight, to make a ballband dishcloth. I have seen too many pictures and couldn't picture how the pattern made the bricks! LOL! I also wondered what the back looked like, too! It's really an easy pattern and I got so far, just tonight! I can't believe I've never come across this pattern before!:woot:

Susan P.
08-02-2007, 01:44 AM
Great pattern that shows blue and yellow do indeed make green appear! :) I came back to edit because i saw that the ball of yarn had all 3 colours.. I had only concentrated on the cloth when I first looked. LOL. Sorry

mare-nitt
08-02-2007, 06:56 AM
I want to try one of these, it looks but it doesn't look easy.

I found a pattern on pattern central, would that be the best one to try?

Marilynn

Susan P.
08-02-2007, 07:28 AM
I wondered whether this was a copyright issue but I suspect the pattern has been around for a while and is now just associated with that yarn. Here is a pattern:

http://www.canadianliving.com/CANADIANLIVING/CLIENT/EN/Crafts/DetailNews.asp?idNews=236610&idSM=307

auburnchick
08-02-2007, 08:56 AM
I agree that this is, really, an easy pattern. I like the yarn you selected. The colors work quite well together!

ADAllen
08-02-2007, 08:56 AM
I love how the yellow 'disappears' a bit. The first thing it reminded me of was the beginning of the yellow brick road. (yes i realize that it doesn't look anything like that, but that is what I thought of)

newamy
08-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Isn't that a great pattern? You've got a great start. I've done quite a few ball bands.

figaro
08-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I have been on ravelry.com and was also inspired by all of them and I have started one but I am wondering what the back looks like?:think: Could you please post a picture of the back?

dawnk777
08-02-2007, 11:53 PM
I took a picture of the front and the back tonight! They do look different!

figaro
08-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Thank you! Now I have a idea of what it should look like when I finish it!

MerigoldinWA
08-05-2007, 02:30 AM
That is a nice pattern. It looks like a fun pattern to watch develop. Love the colors.

BinkyKat
08-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I love the ballbands! :cheering: Bright colors work awesome on this. I actually fell for it because it's featured in the Mason-Dixon knitting book. Those gals have a fun blog. The pattern is originally found inside the ball band of Elmore-Pisgah "Peaches & Creme" yarn. Same stuff as the Lily Sugar & Creme. Walmart sells the P & C. The website has TONS of colors!!!!! FYI.. in case someone already mentioned all this...I kinda blab before reading first :teehee:

http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/

RMB
08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Very nice...thanks for sharing the pictures!!

Rhonda

samm
08-05-2007, 06:52 PM
It is an easy knit, isn't it. And it's easy to remember the pattern too! And guess what!? It's a terrific dishcloth when it's done! Mine is my favorite of all the ones I've made. It's thick but not too thick. :woot:It's even attractive in a single colour, if anyone wants to test drive the pattern first. I used a variegated yarn and it's gorgeous! Must knit more! After the socks...... samm

dawnk777
08-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks, everyone! It was fun to knit. I finished it yesterday, and took a picture, but never got around to downloading the pictures. I will do it tomorrow.

Now I'm doing a Diamond Drop Lace pattern, from the mid-April monthly KAL and it's driving me crazy. I have to pay so much attention to what I'm doing, or it doesn't work out! Argh.

dawnk777
08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Here is the picture of my finished ballband cloth. I think it would be cool to make another one and switch the colors around. Then the variegated yarn would be the "mortar" and the yellow would be the "bricks."

JamOKnit
08-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Very nice! I love the blue/green "fadeaway". It looks great, and very functional too!

Jaxhil
08-08-2007, 09:46 AM
:cheering::cheering:
I love it!! This is such a fun pattern!! I have these exact colors in my stash-I just made one with turquoise "mortar" and fiesta "bricks"-its so bright and fun! I have to make more <grin>

Thanks for sharing yours! I may have to try this combo next!