PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Paradise?

Hsiaokuo62
08-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Anybody have any experience with ordering yarn from
www.yarn-paradise.com ? It looks way too cheap to be true. Also they list prices as $9.5 not $9.50.... makes me think its foreign even though the price is in dollars. Which is not necessarily bad just kinda weird. I'm thinking of ordering some angora/acrylic/wool for $9.5 (!) for 8 balls 50 g each...
$7.50 for shipping. Whadya think?:oo:

Susan P.
08-04-2007, 01:20 AM
The site has testimonials that read positively. It would be good to hear feedback from someone on KH but the prices are way good! I don't see the missing zero as a problematic really. It may simply be a space saver. I would watch that on the shopping cart however.

dreamsherl
08-04-2007, 01:34 AM
The company is based in Turkey.

kemp
08-04-2007, 09:43 AM
It does look like they have some good deals. I order online all the time but buying from Turkey would make me a little nervous.

SusanMarie1956
08-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi HSI,

I found at the bottom of the YARN PARADISE page.

" Yarn Paradise is a merketplace of GSC Tekstil Dis Tic Ltd Sti | Istanbul / Turkey
Phone: +90 (216) 376 5373 | Fax: +90 (216) 376 5673

Yarn-Paradise.com 2007 "

Susan

SusanMarie1956
08-04-2007, 10:15 AM
I also found this. It's from Turkey.

Susan

gsc textiles
08-06-2007, 05:42 AM
Anybody have any experience with ordering yarn from
www.yarn-paradise.com ? It looks way too cheap to be true. Also they list prices as $9.5 not $9.50.... makes me think its foreign even though the price is in dollars. Which is not necessarily bad just kinda weird. I'm thinking of ordering some angora/acrylic/wool for $9.5 (!) for 8 balls 50 g each...
$7.50 for shipping. Whadya think?:oo:

We are the owner of the website www.yarn-paradise.com. We are located in Turkey. Let us clear your minds about the site and us. The prices are in US dollars, and the lack of zero in the prices are just a space-saver. The prices are real! and you get your orders in 2-3 days. You can also check our feedback at eBay. We are also an eBay seller under usernames yarn_paradise and yarnparadiseuk. You can also contact us at info@yarn-paradise.com if you have any other questions/concerns.

gsc textiles
08-06-2007, 05:47 AM
It does look like they have some good deals. I order online all the time but buying from Turkey would make me a little nervous.

You can just try and see if that would worth

chester1
09-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi-
I order from them all the time-absolutely not a think to worry about!
The postage is higher than the cost of the yarn,but it is coming from turkey-and I found it gets here pretty fast,even if it is the regual mail-sometimes in about 10 days.
just pay attention to the fibre content in the yarn you select-I have made poor choices ,and some suprisingly excellent ones-the cost of the yarns does not relect the quality.
Good luck!

argosy78
09-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Yes, I have purchased yarn from them and generally it is as claimes except that as always, photos of colors my be somewhat off. My first time was a problem as they no longer had the color of one of my purchases and would not issue a credit and substituted another color but have not had that occur and have made other purchases for which I was totally happy and a friend in my group made a purchase of a mohair with sequins that I used for a scarf and was very happy so just pay attention to the yardage quoted so that you purchase enough. I have bought about $100 so far ans would not hesitate to recommend them.

Daylilydayzed
09-09-2012, 06:20 PM
I have also bought some from Yarn Paradise I also included some of the yarn I bought from them in a swap on the Knitting Paradise forum. My swap partner was on a limited budget and couldn't get out , so shopping for yarn for her meant Red Heart or Caron at Walmart.
She was ecstatic over it. I sent 3 balls each of the two colors I bought.

Jan in CA
09-09-2012, 09:29 PM
This thread is over 5 yrs old. I'm guessing she may have bought the yarn by now. :lol: