PDA

View Full Version : For little girls who love paper dolls..

Jan in CA
08-05-2007, 05:24 PM
I belong to a Paint Shop Pro graphics group and used to make all kinds of graphics. I no longer use the software that way, but I came across this old site that has Becka Bear, her friends, and all their clothes that we all made. If you have children and grandchildren who like paper dolls you should check this out. They are so cute. I'd forgotten all about it till today.

http://www.unicorndesigns.ca/becka.html

Mariblue
08-05-2007, 05:34 PM
That's adorable, thanks for sharing, Jan!
I remember getting a book of paper dolls from my Grandma one Christmas. It was really neat, and my sisters and I loved playing with them.
I'll definately print this out for my daughter, she would really enjoy them.

cinnamon_girl
08-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks Jan!! That's so cute. I loved paper dolls as a little girl. I think it's a lost past time. But we spent hours carefully cutting them out and dressing our dolls in all the different outfits. I think it contributed to my love of clothes! lol.

I'm saving it for next time my granddaughter comes for a visit. :)

Quiltlady
08-05-2007, 07:46 PM
I LOVED playing with paper dolls. We called them "cut outs" back then. Believe it or not I even had Pat Boone twin paper dolls. I have NO idea why I liked those..but I still remember them. I also loved playing with "Colorforms". ..those were the good old days.:yay:

Susan P.
08-05-2007, 11:44 PM
I also used to love them. And you'd get cutout hats and other items to fold and put on. Lovely. In the same way I fondly remember paint by number sets. It always seemed so magical! :)

larudden
08-06-2007, 08:12 AM
I also loved playing with "Colorforms". ..those were the good old days.:yay:

OMG! Those are so much fun! I think I remember them from the "Romper Room" show that I watched as a kid.

My sister, Robin, and I used to make our own paper dolls and we would spend hours designing clothes for them. Geez, what I would give to have those NOW.

One can never be too old for paper dolls.

Now, I just need a small person to make them with. My 2 daughters (21, 23, 25) aren't into it anymore................

.............and the Puglet is into EATING paper these days, so she's no help. Although it would be so cute to make a Puglet Paperdog.

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

Yarnlady
08-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks for sharing, Jan. I think I'll print these out and keep them in my purse for the days my grand daughter and I are "out" and she gets bored.:happydance:

Ronda
08-07-2007, 05:14 AM
My crafty little daughter might enjoy this! Thanks!

Raspberry61
08-07-2007, 07:30 AM
How adorable! Thanks for sharing. I too was a big paper doll fan when I was a little girl. My mother still collects them from time to time and a few years back got me some Elvis Presley paper dolls. They are a great collectors item for me since I am also a fan of his.

To this day my mother has kept the paper doll legacy alive in our family. She just recenly purchased some for my great nieces and they love them! Long live paper dolls!