PDA

View Full Version : I finished my sweater!!!!!

redheadrachel
08-05-2007, 06:31 PM
(This isn't in the Whatcha Knitting? forum because we still are having digital camera difficulty)

I can't believe it, everyone, but I finished my very first sweater!!!! I really thought I couldn't do it, but with some coaxing and a lot of help, I've finished it! It really only took about two weeks to knit up, after the several false starts. A note for newer knitters: absolutely don't be afraid to knit a sweater!!! It's so rewarding, a huge challenge, and you learn tons! I learned how to block and make sure that the gauge is on, which can be a challenge when substituting yarn. The gauge was probably the biggest difficulty I had, but once I finally got that all straightened out, it was pretty smooth sailing. And hear this, and hear it well: SEAMING IS NOT SO BAD!!!!!! I was incredibly afraid, but it turned out to not be bad at all!

If I can knit a sweater, so can you :)

hob
08-05-2007, 06:35 PM
yay go u! im not quite ready to try that im not sure i ever will be but ..... u got me thinking.

Indygirl
08-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Congradulations! Hope you get your camera working soon. We would like to see a pic :thumbsup:
I have never finished an adult sweater. I have one almost finished for my DD. She was here today and tried it on. IT FIT, Woo Hoo. Just one more sleve and the band to go.:blooby:

Ingrid
08-05-2007, 07:00 PM
:cheering::cheering::cheering:

suzeeq
08-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Yay rachel!!! :happydance:

JGM
08-05-2007, 11:20 PM
:cheering:

Duckling326
08-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Excellent! Can't wait to see it!!!

Mariblue
08-05-2007, 11:54 PM
That's so exciting! Looking forward to pictures!

chrislt8
08-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Congratulations Rachel! Can't wait to see picture!

I am so impressed :cheering: I started my first sweater (actually it was was first ever project) back in April and still haven't finished it. (It all started when I found this site trying to figure something out and discovered the countless things I want to knit...I have been consistently sidetracked by reading posts and thinking - I'll try that!:roflhard:). I have been knitting a little on it all along though, and it is almost done now - just need about an inch until I bind off the shoulders, then need to pick up the neck stitches and knit the collar - then seam up the sides (it's sleeveless). I have committed to NOT start anything else new until everything on the needles in completed (other than the lace wrap, I think that one is going to be a very long term project!)

Anyway - that was a bit of a ramble about me, but I just want you to know how much you inspire me with your willingness to try anything and all the projects you have actually completed! You rock girl!!!!

Braden
08-06-2007, 08:57 AM
:happydance: :cheering:

Songbirdy
08-06-2007, 09:03 AM
:yay::cheering::yay::cheering::yay::cheering:

That is so awesome! Way to go!

dustinac
08-06-2007, 09:04 AM
:happydance: That is wonderful... :blooby: