PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with this ebay seller? (sock kit)

kerilld
08-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Hello sock gurus!
I am going to start (well attempt to anyway) my first sock after I get a few small gift projects wrapped up. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the ebay seller The Natural Dye Studio UK ? Their store site is - http://stores.ebay.com/The-Natural-Dye-Studio-UK
Thanks for any input!

Nanaof6
08-07-2007, 05:53 AM
I haven't, but hubby is always looking for a deal on yard for me on ebay .Once DH Went with me to the lys,he thought he'd fine me some deals.

Why do you ask ? are you having a problem with the seller?

kerilld
08-07-2007, 01:07 PM
No, no problems, just wondered if anyone had any experience with them since they produce their own yarn and while they have excellent feedback, it isn't a lot of feedback. I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask!

kemp
08-07-2007, 02:38 PM
This is purely my opinion, but you may want to wait to buy nicer handpainted sock yarn after you have made a pair. Although they aren't hard, most people aren't that in love with their very first pair (haven't learned how to customize the fit etc...just getting use to the technique) That said, if that yarn makes you really happy and the seller has good ratings I would go for it.

kerilld
08-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Thank you Kemp - that is good advice. My husband did get me some nice yarn for my first project and the project did not do the yarn justice!

zkimom
08-08-2007, 10:21 AM
This is purely my opinion, but you may want to wait to buy nicer handpainted sock yarn after you have made a pair. Although they aren't hard, most people aren't that in love with their very first pair (haven't learned how to customize the fit etc...just getting use to the technique) That said, if that yarn makes you really happy and the seller has good ratings I would go for it.

First "pair?" My first attempt only resulted in "sock."

And I totally agree -- save the pretty handpainted stuff for when you are confident you will go on to make "socks!"

Best,
Susan

kemp
08-08-2007, 03:44 PM
First "pair?" My first attempt only resulted in "sock."

And I totally agree -- save the pretty handpainted stuff for when you are confident you will go on to make "socks!"

Best,
Susan
:teehee: Good point. I guess I was just compelled to go on with the second one. Plus it was more sock practice.