PDA

View Full Version : Design Demo Swap

Chel
08-06-2007, 06:43 PM
I posted a while back regarding my interest in organizing a swap so people could demo their original designs, at the same time geting constructive criticism on their ability to write clear instructions.

The concept I had was this:

Everyone involved in the swap would design and knit a pattern.
They would then send the item they knit and pattern they wrote to Recipient # 1.
Recipient # 1 then knits the pattern themselves, critiques the pattern and checks for errors.
Once done, Recipient # 1 would forward the item THEY knitted from the pattern, the pattern itself and their notes to Recipient # 2. The item Recipient # 1 received from the designer is theirs to keep.
Recipient # 2 would knit the same pattern adding to the notes and critique from Recipient # 1.
Recipient # 2 would get to keep the knitted item they received from Reciprient # 1. (but it would be nice to take pics for the designer)
They would then send the item they created from the pattern back to the designer with the notes, so the designer can correct the pattern. I would estimate this to be a 3 month swap. One month to knit each pattern.

Well, here we go! We are going to work in groups of 3, in your chosen category. Your team will choose a name and we will create a thread in the KAL Section with each teams name so you can have a place to post pictures and everyone can see the progress as well as discuss the patterns.

The categories are:
Hat/headwear
Fingerless mitts/Gloves
Socks
Scarf

If you would like to join, please inbox me with the following.

KH Name:
Name:
Project:
Techniques you will be planning to use:
(ie: entrelac, short rows, cables, etc)
Any technique you prefer NOT to use?
(For example, if you HATE doing intarsia I will do everything I can not to stick you in a group that has an intarsia project)
Skill Level:
(I want this to be a challenge, but not overwhelming)

If you would like to join, please try to get the above info to me as soon as possible so I can assign teams.

:yay::cheering::yay:

marykz
08-07-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm loving this idea- but I'm a little nervous!!! I will ponder a bit today- MKZ

astonh
08-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Wow! What a groovy swap idea. Unfortunately, I'm not at the point where I'm designing these types of projects nor am I capable (yet) of knitting something in only a month (I'm megga slow). I do, however, look forward to keeping up with everyone's projects and the swap itself on this forum.

Have gobs of fun on this one, gang.

Chel
08-07-2007, 12:30 PM
My problem is I have too many ideas. But I think I am going to do socks. I think.