PDA

View Full Version : Sun Ray Shawl Knit-along

nannie343
08-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Anyone knitting this shawl? I'm getting ready to start and was reading the directions for this shawl and had a question about the repeat pattern for rows 15-34 five to six times for the desired length, working additional stitches into pattern repeats as established! I'm lost...where do you add the additional stitches.

This is my first shawl, I have only knitted scarves and wanted to try this shawl. I have read so many positive comments on this list. You all are GREAT!!

I have ordered my yarn from Elann today and my Options from KP's, got an email that they are on the way. Can't wait to get started.
Nannie343

Quiltlady
08-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Can you post a picture of the shawl so we can all see what it looks like? I bet you can't wait to get your goodies in the mail.:cheering:

nannie343
08-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Here's the link for the Sun Ray Shawl, it's so Beautiful !! Thanks to Lu, I'm finally understanding the repeat directions. Thanks so much LU

http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=188024

Quiltlady
08-08-2007, 06:37 PM
That is very pretty. Can't wait to see yours when its done. Have fun.:woohoo:

nannie343
08-09-2007, 08:28 AM
I can't wait to get started. Still waiting for my yarn from Elann and my Options from KP. Hopefully they will come today. I hope others will join so we can help each other. It sound like the previous group had fun knitting this shawl.

I will post as soon as I can.

Have a Blessed Day!
Nannie343

NinaT
08-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi!
I know that some people were working on this a few months back when I couldn't start. I'm so glad you started a new KAL. I'm in! I got my yarn from KP and I love the color. I'll start today.

nannie343
08-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Hi NinaT,

Great! It will be fun to have someone to talk to while knitting the shawl. I'm still very new to knitting and have only made scarves and a couple of purses knitted with fabric. So I won't be very fast. But I'm going to give it my best. Got my Options from KP today, still waiting for my yarn from Elann. I ordered on Monday and it was shipped on the 8th so it should be here any day!! I'm hoping to get a good start before starting back to school on Monday. It's been a great summer and I can't believe it's time to go back to work.

What yarn did you choose and what color. I ordered a beautiful teal and a soft green for a secord shawl (nothing like planning ahead)....

Nannie343

nannie343
08-10-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm soooo excited !!!! My yarn arrived today from Elann.com, it's so beautiful. I started my Sun Ray Shawl this evening. I love my Options from Knit Picks. The yarn is a dark teal...ooooooh...so pretty. I will post a picture when I get going with it. I hope others will join our Sun Ray Shawl Knit-along...all are welcome.

Nannie343

nannie343
08-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks to Lu again !!!!!! for helping me understand the row 15-34 pattern repeats. I finally had to print out copies of chart 2 and tape them together and the light finally came on and I finally SEE what I was doing wrong. I will post pictures of my progress as soon I figure out how to make my photo file smaller.
Nannie343

nannie343
08-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Attached (hopefully) is a picture of my progress so far, rows 1-34. I'm about to start row 15 AGAIN for the third time. Maybe I will get it right this time.
Nannie343

NinaT
08-21-2007, 10:49 AM
I've been tied up with bored kids ( I can't wait for school to start !) and all so I haven't been able to post for a while. I'm in the middle of Repeat 5 and so far I LOVE it. I chose KPs Tidepool Heather and it's lovely. I think I'll do the 6 repeats and then do the edging. How is everyone else doing?

nannie343
08-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Wow, it sounds so pretty, would love to see a picture. I went back to school, so I haven't had much time to work on it. I'm only on my second repeat and I love the pattern too. I'm going to try and work 4 rows a day. I know that doesn't sound like much. But that's all I can do for now. I will post a picture of my progress when I get a little farther along. Please post a picture when you're done.

Nannie343

Arielluria
09-05-2007, 06:35 PM
I finished this one a few months ago. Loooooooove it, it's my first shawl. Here's the post: Want to Knit Sun Ray Shawl (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=53185), with pics of project finished and in progress.

I look forward to seeing more FOs on this. I love mine and can't wait until the weather turns cold so I can show it off.
:flirt: