PDA

View Full Version : Tv channel on knitting program

hellokitty165
08-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi all

is there any knitting program about knitting on cable tv ?

thanks

astonh
08-07-2007, 04:11 PM
It is on HGTV (I think). I've seen a few episodes. You can look up about the show at www.knittygritty.com.

(For me, however, they do some pretty out there and/or advanced stuff, but I find it fun to watch all the same.)

Braden
08-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I don't really watch Knitty Gritty all that often, because they tend to do "wacky and crazy" things, but sometimes they have a nice design. But, I guess that has to do with my love of traditional knitting (i.e. Aran/fair isle/ganseys/lace). I've been watching Elizabeth Zimmermann's DVD television series "The Knitting workshop," and it's a goldmine of information. I also really like her Knitting Glossary videos, too.

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
08-07-2007, 04:25 PM
i watch it more to learn about how to improve my knitting technique. I'm still having trouble with the intarsia method for adding the letter to my son's sweater.

feministmama
08-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Knitty Gritty is on the DIY network and HGTV. I get them both :heart: I have a few of them on my DVR and then I put them on VCR tapes. I like to give them to Stitch n Bitch groups and friends. SO if you ever want a copy of an episode (like our own Amy's!) then just let me know. Send me a VCR tape and I'll make you a copy:waving:

redheadrachel
08-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Oooh, are the Elizabeth Zimmerman dvds good?