PDA

View Full Version : FO: More Dishcloths!

annomalley
08-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Here are some of the dishcloths I finished. I started these because it's been too hot out to work on the scarf I'm currently knitting and I had quite a bit of cotton yarn in my stash that I had bought to knit a tank top from (only to find out that it didn't work very well for the tank top :grrr:).

The first one is a "self designed" one. The stitch pattern I used is "basket weave squares" from the Reader's Digest Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet stitches. The second one is my first ball band dishcloth. I knit both of these out of yarn I had in my stash. And the last two are Garterlac dishclothes, which I had a lot of fun doing and was pretty easy once I got the stitch pattern down.

All of these were knit from some left over Lion Brand Cotton I had. I still have tons of this stuff left, so I'm thinking of doing even more dishcloths.

Actually, I should get back to that scarf I was working on. Or I should probably knit a mate to the glove I knit for my son for his b-day in October...

Decisions, decisions...

Jaxhil
08-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Those all look great! I just finished 3 dishcloths yesterday, too. Okay, one was from a loooong time ago that I finally wove in the ends for, LOL. The others were the round dishcloth from Mason Dixon Knitting (mine is hot pink), and the Ball Band dishcloth. I made it in turquoise solid for the background and fiesta ombre Peaches and Cream.

Yours are so nice! Don't you love the Ball Band pattern? I really like the "garterlac", too. Very cool looking! Where did you get the pattern?

I too should get back to other projects-but these dishcloths are addicting!

annomalley
08-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks!

Yours are so nice! Don't you love the Ball Band pattern? I really like the "garterlac", too. Very cool looking! Where did you get the pattern?

The pattern I used for the garterlac clothes is here (http://criminyjickets.blogspot.com/2006/07/garterlac-dishcloth.html).

Jaxhil
08-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Thanks so much for the pattern link! I'm off to print it right now :happydance: