PDA

View Full Version : Great Iced Tea

kayeknit
08-08-2007, 07:43 AM
I just had to share this during the hot summer...
A lady from church made this tea, and everyone loved it! Now I make it at home all the time. It's so simple. Use equal amounts of Lemon Zinger and Raspberry Zinger (both by Celestial Seasonings), pour near-boiling water over the bags, steep about four minutes, and chill. I use four bags (two of each flavor) with one quart of water. This is such a refreshing, fruity drink. And it's herbal, so no caffeine...also no calories! Give it a try, and let me know what you think!
:)

marykz
08-08-2007, 09:53 AM
I love iced tea so I'll be sure to give this a try!

JessicaR
08-08-2007, 09:57 AM
I drink iced tea every morning instead of coffee. I'll try this! Sounds like a good idea to go with dinner!

Kaydee
08-08-2007, 10:26 AM
That sounds yummy! Its like my fave summer drink from Starbucks, the passion iced tea lemonade...very good.

PaperGirl
08-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Ooooh. DH LOVES the raspberry zinger. Ill try this!

Thanks!

lucky_alf2
08-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Sounds good. I've decided to give up my afternoon Dr Pepper -- hopefully this will be a good substitute. Thanks for sharing!!

vaknitter
08-10-2007, 03:08 PM
My DH and I like to use the Celestial Seasons Peppermint to make iced tea.

I never thought about using the Zingers - DH doesn't like lemon tea (NO, I promise he's not a spy-just southern) so I'll have to make myself a batch.

psammeadred
08-14-2007, 10:54 PM
My DH and I like to use the Celestial Seasons Peppermint to make iced tea.

I never thought about using the Zingers - DH doesn't like lemon tea (NO, I promise he's not a spy-just southern) so I'll have to make myself a batch.

Peppermint iced tea is the most refreshing drink on a hot day!

Other good iced tea-worthy teas: Twinings Four Red Fruits, Gevalia Blackberry Spice, Celestial Seasonings (I think) Peach, Blueberry, Apple Cinnamon...just about any flavored teas. (I haven't tried Earl Grey, though.)

Side note: for tea connoisseurs, if you're ever in the Oklahoma City area, check out this (http://www.inspirationsok.com/menu.html)tea room's tea list! (second page of the menu)

KellyK
08-18-2007, 10:17 AM
I make iced tea all year long... I use 5 regular tetley tea bags and 3 Celestial Seasonings bags per gallon of boiling water. (and about 3/4C of sugar). My faves are Peppermint and Red Zinger. Eeets GOOOOOD!! :drool:

JessicaR
08-18-2007, 12:46 PM
I had a dream last night that I was looking for the Zinger tea and couldn't find it anywhere.... weird.