PDA

View Full Version : Is This a Good Buy? I Don't Know These Yarns.

Arielluria
08-08-2007, 01:28 PM
A friend told me she will sell me if I want, the following:

Ondine from Pingouin in various colors
Fil D'Ecosse from Pingouin
a BIG skein of 14 ounces of Bernat cotton and a few skeins of Bernat cotton of 2 ounces
6 skeins of chenille

I am not familiar with any of these, what's good here? And if possible, what's a GREAT price for these??????? Individually or for ALL?

Thanks!
:muah:

Jan in CA
08-08-2007, 02:06 PM
You don't list any prices so I have no clue whether it's a good deal. I don't really know the yarns anyway, but ask yourself if you will use them before buying. It doesn't matter how much it is if you won't use it.. it's not a good deal. :shifty:

And I hate chenille, but the cotton could be use for dishcloths or things of that nature. If it's soft enough maybe garments.

Arielluria
08-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks. I asked for pricing, and will post them if I get them, I guess first of all I wanted to know if any of these are some of those that people just "can't live without" :teehee:

knitasha
08-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Look 'em up on Yarndex.com and see if they're anything you want. Then decide how MUCH you want them to come up with an offer.

Arielluria
08-09-2007, 03:44 AM
Couldn't find those funny named ones on Yarndex. :think:

Susan P.
08-09-2007, 05:00 AM
Both Pingouin's are cotton. 100% both I think. It's not a 'new' brand yarn I don't think..it's been around for a while..comes from europe??? Not sure. I would be offering..if you want cotton and like the colours..around $3.50 a ball..depending on the yardage. She may get more on say e-bay but..to a pal..I think that price fair. But I do tend to agree with Jan that unless you would really use it no price is a bargain as such. I think people crochet with Pingouin quite a lot..that's another use thought anyway.