PDA

View Full Version : fo's: baby goodies (hat, sweater, socks)

mdog182
08-08-2007, 11:10 PM
:woohoo:i just finished this baby set, i guess you could call it. everything is from different patterns and yarns and they weren't necessarily meant to be worn together but they kinda match. i made these for my best friend from elementary school who lives 700 miles away and just had her first baby, a baby girl named Sabrina. i'm so happy for her and she is the first baby that i have gotten the chance to knit for.

the hat was supposed to be the upside down daisy baby hat from knit it! spring 07 mag but i just left it plain, w/o the daisy. i still think it looks cute. it's made out of handknit cotton by rowan.

the cardigan is the daisy baby cardigan from knitty. still needs buttons though. i made it in the 3-6 month size because they live in arizona and i don't think they will need this sweater until winter time. the yarn i used caron simply soft. it looks more purple in real life.

the socks, i am most proud of. :happydance: they are a basic fan and feather lace pattern. i found the pattern from knitting pattern central (tried getting the link but i'm having a hard time loading their page right now). i made them with some left over online supersocke yarn.

Jan in CA
08-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Awww they all look adorable! I bet your friend will be thrilled to get them!

tilllie
08-08-2007, 11:36 PM
How cute!!!Sabrina will be one good lookin" little girl!!!

nonny2t
08-09-2007, 04:06 AM
They are just beautiful!

Susan P.
08-09-2007, 04:50 AM
What a lovely set! Are you getting buttons to co-ordinate with the hat and sock colours or not going to do that??

Slim
08-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Oh, they're all so cute! I'm sure mom will treasure them because they're handmade by you. You should be very proud of those socks -- they look great!

MerigoldinWA
08-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Very cute!! I like Susan's idea of buttons that would tie the sweater in with the socks and hat, like the dusty rose of the hat. But, on the other hand, if they just went with the sweater it would maybe have more fashion mixing possibilities with other things. It's always hard to decide what to do with buttons. :-)

As others have said your handmade gift should be very special to your friend.

I too especially love the socks. I'm a Feather and Fan fan. Lol

mdog182
08-09-2007, 04:55 PM
What a lovely set! Are you getting buttons to co-ordinate with the hat and sock colours or not going to do that??

i actually added some pearly white buttons almost immediately after i posted the pictures. they were just some leftover buttons i had from another project.

thanks everyone for your lovely comments!

ah
08-11-2007, 08:49 PM
That's one lucky baby. Everything looks adorable.

redheadrachel
08-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Wow they look so great!! Awesome work :thumbsup:

sue in canada
08-11-2007, 10:37 PM
What a great gift

Hygiene Mama
08-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Very cute, you should be proud of your socks, they're beautiful!:cheering:

Mariblue
08-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Aww, it's all so sweet, I just love knitted baby items!

italianchildhood
08-14-2007, 03:42 PM
They're beautiful! You are a good friend, she must have been so pleased. I knit baby things for my friends too when they had their first baby--now I'm older, there haven't been any first babies in a while. I've had to move on to other things!

mdog182
08-15-2007, 12:20 PM
They're beautiful! You are a good friend, she must have been so pleased. I knit baby things for my friends too when they had their first baby--now I'm older, there haven't been any first babies in a while. I've had to move on to other things!

i really hope she likes the set! i finally got around to shipping it out yesterday so i hope she gets it soon.

domiknitrix
08-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Your starting Sabrina off right. She will be a budding fashionista with the knit goods you made her. I love the socks.

Jaxhil
08-16-2007, 07:50 AM
Everything you made her is *gorgeous*!! I would have been thrilled to receive this "set" :)

You know she's going to expect more, now that she's seen what you can do :teehee:

Great job!!

momwolf
08-16-2007, 11:56 AM
NICE!!!!!!!

mdog182
08-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Everything you made her is *gorgeous*!! I would have been thrilled to receive this "set" :)

You know she's going to expect more, now that she's seen what you can do :teehee:

Great job!!

haha i actually just got an email from my friend today and she already received the stuff! only 2 days, thanks ups. she said "i didn't know you could make clothes!!" ha, neither did i ! she said that she really liked everything and that it means a lot to her that i made her stuff. cloud9 i'm so happy that she likes it!

dolphie2
08-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Your knitting is beautiful. Your friend will love it.

Sandy in N.Z.

mari_13
08-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Oh how I love baby items! Very cute!

roxtarchic
08-21-2007, 12:28 PM
you did a wonderful job... and the items are all gorgeous. as a pregnant mom to be... i can ASSURE YOU wholeheartedly that your friend will be THRILLED that you took the time to make these items for her lil girl.... i know i would be!!!
;)

dewdrops
08-24-2007, 03:29 PM
VERY CUTE WORK!!:heart: