PDA

View Full Version : Dale of Norway, the story continues...

noejusti
08-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Hello,
I was on vacation in Alberta, Canada and saw an amazing Dale of Norway sweater in a store and didn't buy it because it was too expensive, and I thought that I could find it when I got back to the states. (see previous posting called OMG Dale of Norway) So I came home hoping to look up Dale of Norway sweaters. Well, I have tried to find it, but I can't find the sweater- either in stores or as a pattern and now I am sad. I tried to find a website for the store (I can't remember the name of the store, but I remember exactly where it is in the hotel) and there isn't one. So I don't know what to do. I feel like I have only been able to access some Dale of Norway sweaters for sale and not a big listing of them. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

:shrug:
thank you,

v.

Sara
08-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Are you looking for a pattern to make the sweater, or are you wanting to buy one in the US?

I would call the hotel, get the name/number for the store from them and then call the store and pump them for information.

Sara
08-09-2007, 12:05 AM
And it's not in one of the catalogs on the Dale website?

www.dale.no

noejusti
08-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Well, I have done several searches on the internet both in the patterns as well as sweaters for sale. But nothing looks like the sweater. I think the sweater is not from the most recent year, so the Dale of Norway site is not very helpful. I found a really bad photo of what I think is the sweater, but I can't tell because I can't blow up the picture or zoom in. So when I searched for the name of the sweater (I think it is called Nina or Nina Grieg), I found two pictures of Nina, but neither of them is red- which is the sweater I saw. So I am not sure where to go next. Seriously considering calling the concierge at the hotel and having them assist me.

At this point, I wouldn't mind buying or knitting the sweater myself if I could find the pattern or the actual sweater.

My DH thinks I should try to graph out the sweater from memory and try to make it. Hmmm, we'll see.

v.

Janice5G
08-09-2007, 05:58 AM
thanks noejusti

Bakeapple
11-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi....here is the red Nina sweater....can order from Oslo Sweater Shop....just scroll down the page.....

http://www.sweater.no/shop/products.asp?lang=44&catid=34

all the best,
Bakeapple

noejusti
11-18-2009, 01:32 AM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!
THAT'S THE SWEATER!!!
:muah:
Thank you so much, Bakeapple!!!! You are AWESOME!!!
When you see a sweater that you still love after not being able to find it for over 2 years, you buy it. I JUST BOUGHT IT!!!! YAY!!!!
God bless you, Bakeapple!
V.

tokmom
11-18-2009, 07:03 AM
Very pretty! Enjoy!

melmac51
11-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Good for you!! Don't you love when that happens??