PDA

View Full Version : First pair of socks!

JamOKnit
08-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Here's a pic of the socks that took me half the summer to finish. :shrug: OK, I wasn't working on them non-stop. But they are my first pair ever (thanks to Silver's tutorial) and although they don't match exactly (cause I forgot to count rows) they are really cute and comfy! I've got more sock yarn on the way and I'm determined to learn Magic Loop for the next pair (these were done one at a time on DPNs). The yarn is Knit Picks Memories in Rocky Mountain Dusk. I really like this yarn! :yay:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Diana74/Knitting%20projects/socksfirst.jpg

Lady Violet
08-09-2007, 08:19 PM
those are really cute! i'll definitely have to remember that yarn for future reference. i think the lengths make them unique. plus, when was the last time you wore a pair of socks that actually stayed all the way up the entire time you wore them? not that that will matter since everybody will just be in shock that you made something sooooo incredible! great job!!! :woohoo:

redheadrachel
08-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Hey, great job on them!!! Socks are such a rewarding thing to knit, and yours look just so cute and comfy! Nice work :thumbsup:

kaytee
08-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Ah! I don't see Rocky Mountain Dusk color on their site.

MerigoldinWA
08-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Socks don't have to look exactly alike, especially these days. But those certainly look like a pair. I love the color, even the name of the color is beautiful, "Rocky Mountain Dusk" I love it. You did a great job. Good luck on the Magic Loop. I haven't tried that one yet. So many things to learn...... :-)

pandaca
08-12-2007, 02:13 AM
Those are great! I'd never have guessed they were your first pair.

Jackie Lim
08-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Great Job !

I am a pround owner of my first pair of socks too. Knitting my second pair right now, in the Jaywalker KAL.

Enjoys !

Slim
08-15-2007, 07:23 AM
Oh, those are beautiful! I love that yarn! Hard to believe those are your first socks. Great job! :cheering: