PDA

View Full Version : Anchorage, Alaska, we're going up.

Duckling326
08-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Hey anyone in Alaska have a favorite yarn shop that I need see? We're going to Anchorage for a week at the end of this month to visit family.

Please tell what shop(s) I need to go to.

Lady Violet
08-10-2007, 01:32 PM
i have no idea about yarn shops in anchorage, but you can take me with you!! :pray: :teehee:

i just googled it and found this (http://www.knittingwisdom.com/world-yarn-stores/yarn-stores-usa/yarn-stores-alaska.htm). anchorage has four times as many yarn shops as the capital of north carolina. FOUR!!! what's wrong with this picture? :nails: of course, i'm totally not complaining about even more incentive to make my way up north to the great untouched wilderness again! cloud9

Duckling326
08-11-2007, 10:41 PM
I can't wait! Maybe my SIL will know where to find them!! Or at least one or two!!

Alaskakatz
08-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi there .. I am in Anchorage and not sure if you have left for the state yet...but we have some great shops here...let me know if you haven't left yet and I will send you all the names and a little bit about each shop! I know them all!!

Duckling326
08-28-2007, 01:04 AM
AWwwwww We just got back to Washington on Saturday!!! I did go to Knitting Grounds a couple times!!! I bought some Alaska Fiber N' Ice (1240 yardsDK weight), one of them HUGE skeins! Then some Malabrigo, Top of the Lamb as well!!! When we go back up I will go there again!!! I wish I could have stayed for the 10 o'clock knitting group on Friday!!!

The shop owner was very friendly! Tell her Erika from the Olympia area says hi!!! The shawl I made with the Malabrigo knitted up very nice!!!

I also went to The Yarn Branch but wasn't thrilled. Loved their selection of Cascade 220 though.