PDA

View Full Version : Phew! I finally figured out the Kitchener stitch

stirsmommy
08-12-2007, 10:31 PM
I am still not fond of it but the hood and one underarm on ds's wallaby is done. Does anyone else chant to themselves through the whole thing? My family would walk through and laugh at me. I will finish it tonight and take pictures tomorrow when the model is awake. Now if there was just a way to make the ends disappear without weaving. Anybody have a quickie way?

rebecca
08-12-2007, 10:41 PM
I know just what you mean, I used to NEVER think I would learn it, now....a piece of cake! Don't worry, all of a sudden it will be 2nd nature to you, too. and...WTG!!

dakatzmeow
08-12-2007, 11:46 PM
i just finished a wallaby today too! what a coinkidink! i just love kitchener. it makes the hood look so nice! now if there were only a smooth way to eliminate those pesky holes i got in the underarms.

zkimom
08-13-2007, 07:15 AM
knit purl off purl knit off knit purl off purl knit off knit purl off purl knit off knit purl off purl knit off knit purl off purl knit off

:zombie:

Yup, that's me.

I love Kitchener stitch but I still have to sit with my work in front of Amy's video in order to get it right.

Doesn't that seam look gorgeous when it's done?

Best,
Susan

stirsmommy
08-13-2007, 08:32 AM
i just finished a wallaby today too! what a coinkidink! i just love kitchener. it makes the hood look so nice! now if there were only a smooth way to eliminate those pesky holes i got in the underarms.

I didn't quite understand the directions for closing the holes so I made it up and it doesn't look bad. That said the yarn has a lot of color changes to it and that helped. Not sure how dd's will turn out as it doesn't have as many colors in her yarn. I guess I will make it up too when I get there.

VictoiseC
08-13-2007, 05:28 PM
CONGRATS! I learned it last year but haven't done it for awhile... I have THREE things lying around waiting. Guess I'd better get seaming.

dakatzmeow
08-13-2007, 08:53 PM
knit slip purl. purl slip knit. knit slip purl. purl slip knit. knit slip purl. purl slip knit. knit slip purl. purl slip knit. knit slip purl. purl slip knit. knit slip purl. purl slip knit.

soooooooo satisfying. ;)