PDA

View Full Version : Well I wanted it Red!

Nobones
08-13-2007, 04:38 PM
This Sunday, as my hair has grown back into a little crop, I wanted to dye my hair. I hate having it short so I wanted to make it interesting. I thought I'd go red, but not this red!

What do you think!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/Ellie49.jpg

I like it, and today in town had a few people come up to and say they love it, (I've never had my hair commented on before). And a little girl in a shop said to her mum, I must be a fairy. Her mum said not to tell everyone because it was a secret so I waved to her, you should have seen the smile. It was so nice.

It will probably grow out soon, at which point I have a nice purple dye on stand by!

Kaydee
08-13-2007, 04:46 PM
I like it, it looks cool!! I love how you matched your accessories with your hair. I can't wait to see it purple though, that's my favorite color.

sinistral_needler
08-13-2007, 04:49 PM
That is a really bright red! It fits you - only thing I would change is for you to wear redder lipstick, but that would be it ...

I am not that adventuresome with my hair - I go as far as getting blonde highlights and brown lowlights. Although I did try to do strawberry blonde once, which ended up being more like neon peach. Wasn't too crazy about it.

Mariblue
08-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Ooo, I like it, you look great!

Silver
08-13-2007, 05:20 PM
That is a really bright red! It fits you - only thing I would change is for you to wear redder lipstick, but that would be it ...
I agree, some red, red, red lipstick and you'll be on fire! Love the hair color, and the fairy story. So cute! :heart:

PaperGirl
08-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Oooooooooohhhhhh! I LOVE that!!

newamy
08-13-2007, 06:03 PM
I like it. Not the sort of thing I would wear, but it looks good on you. Very bold.

Riss
08-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Love it. My hair was shocking red for a while too. It got the most compliments. You're making me want to go grab a box of bleach :)

Carla1019
08-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Oh to be young again.... I Love it, back in the day that would of been something I would of done. Iam 41 now. but when I was 39 I dyed my hair purple. I thought that was going to be the last time I could do something like that.

Sara
08-13-2007, 07:19 PM
I love it!:heart: That fairy story is so sweet!:teehee:

JessicaR
08-13-2007, 07:34 PM
I've had purple dye forever but keep chickening out. I love it BTW!

hob
08-13-2007, 07:55 PM
your hair looks fab! i love it.

knotmaker
08-13-2007, 08:15 PM
I think it looks great on you!!

debinoz
08-13-2007, 09:35 PM
I showed your picture to my oldest DD and she said..., "Oh my God, Mom! Who's that? She is totally bad A!" I took it to mean that she really liked it and thought it was cool. She wanted red streaks in her hair, but the school dress code forbids any "distracting" hair coloring.

threesmom
08-13-2007, 10:58 PM
I love it! The cut AND the color! Wish I had the oomph to carry that off myself. I've only gone burgundy. Maybe you'll inspire me ...

beckyrhae
08-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Holy cow! We could be twinkies! :) I'll take a pic and post later.

I tell people mine is natural all the time. Makes me giggle.

beckyrhae
08-13-2007, 11:12 PM
I took a quick picture.

BinkyKat
08-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Very switched on baybee!!!!:cheering:
I could use some fairy sparkle...wave at me wouldja?:happydance:
I'm jealous of your spunk to do it, it looks great!:lol:

zip
08-14-2007, 12:44 AM
Ellie, I love it! :inlove: Not only do you rock, you look like a rock star. Gorgeous!

jeanius80
08-14-2007, 01:04 AM
i think it looks very pretty on you! and the fairy story is great :)

KnittingNat
08-14-2007, 01:45 AM
I love it :yay:And your accessories match to your hair!!! It's so cool!!! I do think you've got a fairy thing going on:woot:Groovy, baby!

Nobones
08-14-2007, 04:50 AM
.You're making me want to go grab a box of bleach :)

With this hair dye you didn't need bleach, it said it would turn even black hair hair red. (I have very dark hair, nearly black) I thought I'd get a tint if anything, but here it is.

Beckyrhae I love the photo you look gorgeous.

I'm glad people like it. It seems to be a hit with hubby too, which I am surprised at but I glad he loves it.

I can't wait to show my Dad I think he'll pass out! :teehee:

zkimom
08-14-2007, 07:26 AM
I think you look beautiful, Ellie. I even like the short crop hairstyle on you. Very fashionable.

I love the fairy story, too. You do look like a sprite, if ever I've seen one.

Best,
Susan

GiddyKnitter
08-14-2007, 09:19 AM
I think you look really fab xx

msoebel
08-14-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm going to remember the fairy story. My dd is 4 and starting to notice people and their differences. We've been pretty matter of fact about how people are all different and beautiful because they are different.

And a good friend of ours had a bright red, 12" mohawk for about 6 months last year. So it doesn't surprise her anymore.

But the whimsy of it just tickles me!

Your hair is beautiful. :cheering: I wish that those were our God given hair colors...wouldn't it be just gorgeous to see a world full of blue, purple, red, green and orange hair?

Misty

iza
08-14-2007, 04:47 PM
:heart: I LOVE IT!!! :cheering: And the fairy story is so cute! Sometimes I wish I was a little girl again. :teehee: I want to believe in fairies too!

Lady Violet
08-14-2007, 05:11 PM
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! :inlove:

With this hair dye you didn't need bleach, it said it would turn even black hair hair red. (I have very dark hair, nearly black) I thought I'd get a tint if anything, but here it is.

:psst:
what brand was it?

HamaLee
08-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Oooh that is some wild hair. I love it, I think you totally pull it off. Imagine that hair, those accessories and that adorable dress you just bought?!!!
:flirt:
You'll be turning heads all the way down the street!

Your snapshots always look so professional...are either of you photographers?

Nobones
08-15-2007, 02:43 AM
The make of the hair dye is; Smartbeauty they have a website; www.smartbeauty.eu

I actually used a highlights kit, but my hair was so so short, and there was tons in in there we did the whole head. It is the best dye I have ever used, and I have used loads over the years.

Hubby is keen the photographer, because I make the costumes we wanted a plain wall to photograph them against. So one of the walls in my sewing room is painted white and has nails up the top where we put the various coloured sheets to make a nice back drop. He's very good at taking photos and does all the one's on my website and blog.

jeanius80
08-15-2007, 02:52 PM
my favourite photo on your gothwardian site is the one in the white corset! so pretty! was that your hair or a wig? the color is very pretty on you too!

Nobones
08-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Ohh that was my first wig. I got it after having treatment for a tumor. I liked it at the time but only wear it for costumes now as I don't think I suit blond. I can't remember what on earth made me chose that one in the first place. My favorite wig is my black bob with the hair band. Classic and can be worn with anything.

BostonBecca
08-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Love it. It looks great on you.