PDA

View Full Version : grrr knitpicks

jeanius80
08-15-2007, 03:05 PM
i love thier prices and products. but not thier ordering/shipping practices.
i placed an order Friday. i live in the same state as KP. My order wasn't even shipped until today (Wednesday). why would it take so long to fill an order if everything is in stock? :!!!:i had hoped it would arrive today since others have said they ordered and recieved thier orders in 4 days! free shipping and everything. grrrrrrr. not happy at all. i had hoped to dye and start my other nieces socks.:pout:

vaknitter
08-15-2007, 03:27 PM
WOW that really stinks !! :gah: I've never ordered from KP, but I always drool over their low prices.

I had an order in with Eddie Bauer (for a dress to wear on 1st anniversary) and after a couple weeks realized nothing had arrived and so I called and somehow or another the order had been turfed and never filled or sent out and I couldn't even get them to expedite the shipping to me for free !! I would have cancelled but they are one of the few companies that sell TALL.

sugarfunpouch
08-15-2007, 03:30 PM
At least you got your order!! :)

jeanius80
08-15-2007, 04:21 PM
At least you got your order!! :)
i haven't gotten it yet. i ordered friday and they just shipped it today. oh well. maybe it will get her superfast.............:shifty:

Jess_knit
08-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Mostly, their free shipping is very slow - they fill priority orders first, I'm assuming. I always try to get to free level, then pay the 10 (:ick:) dollars for three day.

Mulderknitter
08-15-2007, 05:14 PM
There free shipping is slower. It takes me about a full week to get my order. I just know that now, so I try not to get too antsy about it. everything else about them makes up for it, I think

Jax3303
08-15-2007, 05:24 PM
If your location is correct and you're in Washington, it'll be a while until you get your order. You live in the same state as Knitpicks corporate office, but their distribution center is here in Ohio. My understanding is that Knitpicks shipping is very slow to other states, which isn't entirely their fault, most of that blame resides with USPS. Sometimes I do wish knitpicks would switch to UPS or another carrier.

ekgheiy
08-15-2007, 05:28 PM
It appears as though we can't have our cake (great prices) and eat it too (great shipping). :shrug:

G J
08-15-2007, 06:04 PM
A friend of mine says, "Good, Fast and Cheap. Pick Two. You'll never get them all!"

Momto G B and H
08-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Jeanie,
Although KP headquarters are in Vancouver, WA, they ship out of the midwest. I learned this the hard way.

Silver
08-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Yeah, it's the free shipping that's slow. I usually pay for priority even if I qualify for free shipping because it gets here in like 2 days.

myfitness
08-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Absolutely love my Knitpick Options:woot:. I ordered the complete set plus extra cables of the longer lengths, and most recently the 16s. Though I have a complete set of Addi Turbos; I rarely use them now, but my son has started using them.

Yes, the free shipping is slow but definitely worth the wait. It's true that free and fast are one in a million.

Elsie W

GinnyG
08-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Sorry, no sympathy here!! I think a week from order to receipt is pretty good. But then, I'm old enough to remember when mail order was STANDARD 6-8 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeanius80
08-15-2007, 07:12 PM
not looking for sympathy, i just don't get why i ordered in stock items on friday and they didn't ship until today. oh well.
thanks for the info though, i wasn't aware there warehouse was in Ohio. so now i can expect it next week. good to know :)

suzeeq
08-15-2007, 11:03 PM
I always figure about a week from the time I place the order. I usually only buy small amounts and pay for the lowest amount of shipping. If they used anyone but USPS, they'd probably have to raise their minimum rates to $5 or more, and the free shipping would need to be well over $50.

redheadrachel
08-15-2007, 11:06 PM
It seems like a good deal of people have major problems with KP shipping, though I personally have had wonderful shipping experiences (one was free, the other was the cheapest, and they both came in about three days). However, I have horrible problems with their website! It's the slowest website for me, and I can NEVER EVER EVER get the log-in thing to check-out correctly. This second time ordering from them I just did it over the phone, and it was so quick and painless I'll definitely do it from now on.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: KnitPicks is lucky that their stuff is so good! lol Cuz otherwise I wouldn't bother. :doh:But I love me some Options and some KP dpns!! And while I think their cheapest yarn is usually cheap in quality, their mid-priced stuff is just the ticket!

Lady Violet
08-15-2007, 11:10 PM
A friend of mine says, "Good, Fast and Cheap. Pick Two. You'll never get them all!"

G J, you have a wise friend!

brendajos
08-15-2007, 11:49 PM
I found that when i used free shipping for stuff i wanted right away it took exactly 14 days (which is the outside time frame they give for their free ship) to arrive. That was when i started paying the extra for the 3 day select which always arrives in two days.

ironically... when i am not in a hurry and don't pay for the shipping, the order ALWAYS arrives in about 3 days. :roll:

luvmeowers
08-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Hmmmm. :?? My sis and I both placed orders on Friday, selected the free shipping option, and I was knitting with my awesome new Options needles last night. :woohoo:

PaperGirl
08-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Ive always gotten my orders from KP FAST...and Ive never ever paid for shipping. I always make sure to get to the free shipping amount...hubby likes no shipping charges, and I get a bit more goodies.

jeanius80
08-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Ive always gotten my orders from KP FAST...and Ive never ever paid for shipping. I always make sure to get to the free shipping amount...hubby likes no shipping charges, and I get a bit more goodies.

i actually was only going to order about $35, and pay for shipping, but dh said i should just order enough to get free shipping (did i mention i love him? :heart: ) since i live in washington, they also charged me taxes, so my order was $49. i just want to dye yarn and knit some socks :zombie:

Brrlracinbt
08-17-2007, 09:20 AM
It takes me at least 1 full week to get my orders. I usually get antsy, but always excited when it comes!

jodstr2
08-17-2007, 11:20 AM
the KP free shipping on my last few orders have taken about a week. ordered on a Wednesday, delivered the following Wednesday.
edit: I'm in Northern California - south bay area.

Yarnlady
08-17-2007, 08:04 PM
I think a week from order to receipt is pretty good. But then, I'm old enough to remember when mail order was STANDARD 6-8 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shrug:
I'd have to second that one. And then it was usually 8 to 10 weeks before you got it. Ordering for Christmas started in September.:star:

McKnitty
08-27-2007, 11:22 AM
I placed my very first order with KP on Aug. 16th. The order shipped from OH on the 20th. I have been tracking the shipment and it shows it has been in Austin, TX since the 21st.

The order went from OH to Austin in one day, but it has been sitting in Austin for 5 days. And Austin is not that far away. Did they send it on the back of a turtle? :tap:

Since it has been over a week should I contact KP? Looking over the posts, it looks like most of you got your orders in one week or less. Was that from the time you placed the order, or from the time it was shipped?

suzeeq
08-27-2007, 11:38 AM
I'd give it a few more days, some places just don't get delivery as fast as others. Mine showed it in Denver for 3 days, and it wasn't over a weekend. It can take longer than a week, and yes that's from the time the order was shipped.

mwedzi
08-27-2007, 11:47 AM
KP shipping is slow. I almost always pay for shipping, and it is still slow. The time for them to ship it is kinda slow, but what's worse is the rate they ship it at. The problem is they do not ship first class. I think they ship parcel post or something. There's no first class shipping option, only the cheapest sub-first class or the quick 3 day one. I wish they'd let us pay the extra 50 cents or a dollar and ship our stuff first class.