PDA

View Full Version : another 5 day felted bag for another sister

MaleKnitter
08-16-2007, 04:40 PM
this calls for a smiley :woohoo:
I finished my second felted bag, this will also be a christmas gift for another one of my sisters
she loves to wear black and she likes fuzzy yarns so I made this bag using black lion wool and fun fur... at first i was including the fun fur with my handles, but I didnt like the way that they were turning out, so I ripped them out. I was trying to figure out another way to use the fun fur but i couldnt untangle it...:gah: so i just made the black strap without any fun fur. I am sad that i had to throw away all of that fun fur, but I am much happier with the results than I think I would have been if I had used the fun fur in the FURst place (haha, pun).
anyway, I made up the pattern by myself, it is roughly based on a picture of a bag that I saw in a magazine.
I think that the next bag I make will be suede. I want to try a softer yarn because my left pointer finger is getting a red line accross it where i had all of that wool yarn sliding over it (i am a continental knitter). It's sore and I dont want it to get any worse.
but this bag was a labor of love and I think it was well worth it. I just hope my sister agrees

KT120
08-16-2007, 04:43 PM
:oo: Um, can I be your sister?

Seriously you are a great brother and a wonderful knitter.

stirsmommy
08-16-2007, 05:04 PM
:oo: Um, can I be your sister?

Seriously you are a great brother and a wonderful knitter.

Me too. Now I know why I always wanted a brother. Wish my sister would learn to knit. That is a fabulous bag. I am so jealous that you are getting so much done on your Christmas stuff already. I have a wash cloth done!

auburnchick
08-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Cute bag! Lucky sister!

Weebie
08-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Awesome bag! Your sister will love it!!

knit.newbie
08-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Me too. Now I know why I always wanted a brother. Wish my sister would learn to knit.

me too!!

although I just turned 18 so it would be too late for ur mom or dad to adopt me...maybe i can mess up my birth certificate and pretend im younger!

pretty please!

Slim
08-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh that bag is so cute!! I love the touches of fur. It's just perfect, and your sister's gonna love it!

ah
08-16-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm sure your sister will like it. I know I would.

redheadrachel
08-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Oh, wow!!! It's so beautiful! I also agree that using the fun fur on parts of the main bag and not the handles was a good way to go! I admire when a knitter comes up with such resourceful modifications, because now the bag will be easier to use and I think it looks better, too!

Bonus point for creative flair :happydance:

nonny2t
08-17-2007, 05:51 AM
This one looks great too!