PDA

View Full Version : FO: Ankle socks

redheadrachel
08-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey everyone! I've just finished a pair of socks for my friend who's moving back to Minnesota. They're just some really simple ankle socks, but I have to tell everyone about this yarn, because it turned a simple, quick project into a gorgeous, luscious gift!

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/RedheadRachel/100_1284.jpg

The yarn company is called Mountain Colors. It's always staring at me when I buy sock yarn at my LYS, but it's on the top shelf (both literally and figuratively). However, when the LYS had a sale, 25% off everything in the store, I had to jump at the chance to buy a hank of this stuff! The sock yarn is called Bearfoot, which is 60% superwash wool, 25% mohair, and 15% nylon, in the color Sweet Pea. It's a hand-painted yarn, and I'm absolutely in love with it! The colors are so rich and deep, so I'm sad that you can't accurately see all of the subtle variations in this picture. But the mohair makes it sooo soft, with a beautiful halo that you might be able to see around the ankles of this pic. And it's SO warm! I just can't believe it - it's both incredibly soft and incredibly warm, which will be perfect to get her through the Minnesota winter! So I just wanted to share my thoughts about this yarn and a little FO of it worked up! Hope you enjoy :)

rosefields
08-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Mountain Colors Bearfoot is one of my favorite sock yarns! Excellent choice!:cheering:

Jan in CA
08-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Those look great, Rachel!

Slim
08-16-2007, 09:25 PM
You are truly the sock queen! They are so pretty, and I love that yarn -- the colors are just beautiful. I've been really tempted by the Bearfoot sock yarn. Now that I have your testimonial, I'll have to pick some up.

sue in canada
08-16-2007, 09:34 PM
They look great. Love the yarn colors

ah
08-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Another FO...you rock! The socks look great.

nonny2t
08-17-2007, 05:52 AM
The socks look terrific!

auburnchick
08-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Nice socks! Ankle socks are such a quick knit, aren't they?!

Thanks for the information about the yarn too. One more brand to keep in mind. ;)

Weebie
08-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Lovely!!! I'll have to be on the look-out for some Mountain Colors Bearfoot!

-Karin