PDA

View Full Version : being thankful

jeanius80
08-17-2007, 02:10 PM
this was an email my mom sent, and i liked it enough that i printed it out and put it on my fridge :)

I AM THANKFUL:

FOR THE WIFE
WHO SAYS IT'S HOT DOGS TONIGHT,
BECAUSE SHE IS HOME WITH ME,
AND NOT OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

FOR THE HUSBAND
WHO IS ON THE SOFA
BEING A COUCH POTATO,
BECAUSE HE IS HOME WITH ME
AND NOT OUT AT THE BARS.

FOR THE TEENAGER
WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING DISHES
BECAUSE IT MEANS SHE IS AT HOME,
NOT ON THE STREETS.

FOR THE TAXES I PAY
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM EMPLOYED

FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE
BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.

FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.

FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORK
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINE

FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING,
WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING,
AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME

FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING
I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT
BECAUSE IT MEANS
WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

FOR THE PARKING SPOT
I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING
AND I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION

FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM WARM.

FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH
WHO SINGS OFF KEY BECAUSE IT MEANS
I CAN HEAR.

FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.

FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES
AT THE END OF THE DAY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN
CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.

FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF
IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM ALIVE.

AND FINALLY, FOR TOO MUCH E-MAIL

BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE
FRIENDS WHO ARE THINKING OF ME.

SHARE THIS WITH SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT. I JUST DID.

Live well, Laugh often, & Love with all of your heart!

Kaydee
08-17-2007, 02:21 PM
What a great spin to put on things that people usually get upset about. Thanks for sharing!

Luvmyrottnboy
08-17-2007, 02:23 PM
I am thankful for this post!

It is wonderful, thank you for sharing!

jcmom
08-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Amen to that! I try to realize that more each day and just let things go. Life is way too short to sweat the small stuff.
Thanks for sharing.:happydance:

sugarfunpouch
08-17-2007, 05:39 PM
I love that poem!!!!!!!! It's great!

BinkyKat
08-17-2007, 05:48 PM
I've seen this one before too and enjoy it every time.

I am thankful the gas leak we had at work for which we had to evacuate did not have tragic results! :pray: :thumbsup: Eventually we all just had to go home for the day. Some people were a little too hoopy-hollery at that prospect in light of the situation :roll:

jeanius80
08-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Amen to that! I try to realize that more each day and just let things go. Life is way too short to sweat the small stuff.
Thanks for sharing.:happydance:
and most of it's small stuff.

she sent this a few day ago to me, and i wanted to share it today. tomorrow, she is flying home to see her dad before he dies, and i am praying she makes it before he goes. :pray: i miss him terribly too and wish i could go. :pout: unfortunantly, the rest of us here have to drive down after he passes to attend his funeral. life sucks, and it's not fair, so this was a reminder to be thankful for all the other things that are still ok and going fine.:heart:

brendajos
08-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Ya know this reminded me of yesterday when I was full on ranting to a friend about my lack of a parking space at my new job. It was a rainy day... i could only find a place that FELT like it was so far away, it was up hill, on a very busy street, and (like i said) in the rain.

In the middle of our conversation I just broke out laughing and said "Yes... these really ARE the kinds of problems I have."

The truth is that i was laid off my job 3 (well four now) weeks ago and while so many have struggled over the last many years to find work, i not only found work in 3 weeks but it pays me better than my last job did. I have a car to get me there, and i do have the ability to walk in the rain... these things are NOT problems.

we do spend so much time dwelling on the small stuff and if we look hard enough we can find all sorts of small stuff... in the end, none of it is important.

(oh and i did get to park in my new parking space today...lol :thumbsup:)

If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
-- Meister Eckhardt

Hygiene Mama
08-18-2007, 07:12 PM
you know that put things in perspective...we all too often take everything for granted.

momwolf
08-19-2007, 12:41 AM
What a great poem:teehee: Soooooooo sorry to hear about your grandfather.Prayers are with you and your family:hug:

Rorshach
08-20-2007, 02:08 AM
I'm thankful you put that post up, because it means my browser is working the way it should :)