PDA

View Full Version : Silver's scarf KAL?

flyingfingers
08-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Anyone interested in doing Silver's scarf kal? It is the same as the Irish Hiking Scarf, but this one is reversible. I just started it yesterday and its looking fantastic :woohoo:
Here is the link.....http://www.cometosilver.com/patterns/palindrome.htm

SkyBluePink
08-18-2007, 06:21 PM
I've got a few things that I absolutely have to get off the needles, but I would love to do this. I've not ever knit the Irish Hiking Scarf so I will be coming at this completely new. Eeek!!

Good luck!

Arielluria
08-18-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm totally in!
:knitting:

cinnamon_girl
08-18-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm planning on getting to that scarf in the near future so I'd love to knit along:woot:

esiuol
08-18-2007, 10:44 PM
:woot: Count me in!!!

stirsmommy
08-18-2007, 10:51 PM
I am in I just need to figure out how to make it a bit wider for my guy.

flyingfingers
08-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Ok so we can just leave it as an open KAL for whoever is joining in, and present your pics upon completion, whenever that may be. I started mine and it works up quickly.
If you want to make it wider, just add another cable, another 12 sts.

cinnamon_girl
08-19-2007, 01:15 PM
flyingfingers, what are you using for yarn?

Spikey
08-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Count me in! I've already frogged my IHS and started on my Palindrome. So much nicer looking, and a quicker knit, too.

figaro
08-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Count me in!:cheering:

I just finished my second repeat and it is a easy one to knit and it is my first cable too! I did have to copy and print the instructions so I could follow it better. I am knitting mine with Patons Classic Wool Merino in Burgandy.

flyingfingers
08-20-2007, 12:19 AM
The yarn I am using for mine is the new Bernat Cashmere, its so soft and luscious and shows up the cables beautifully :)

ADAllen
08-20-2007, 12:51 AM
I've been thinking about making one in KnitPicks Shamrock Dougherty (http://www.knitpicks.com/Shamrock_YD5420154.html) for my grandfather. (Dougherty is his name) Do you think that yarn will be too busy for the pattern?

flyingfingers
08-20-2007, 04:52 PM
I think that colour yarn would make the scarf beautiful :)

Doodknitwit
08-20-2007, 06:19 PM
I haven't done many cables at all.... whatcha think???
will I :hair:, :wall: or :eyes: ??

HollyP
08-20-2007, 07:24 PM
will I :hair:, :wall: or :eyes: ??
Go for it!! My answer is None of the above! I think you'll start :X:and all of the sudden :figureditout: then you can :woot:. Once you post your pics we'll be :inlove:!!!

stirsmommy
08-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Truly cables are actually easier than learning to knit and purl. Really. Now I do have a question that I can't seem to figure out. I am wanting to use cascade 220 and I want to make it bigger but I can't figure out how to do it. Should I go with the bulkier yarn and then just try to figure out how many stitches I need to add a extra cable? Would it look better with one extra cable or two? I am making it for a big guy and 41/2" will be too narrow of a scarf on him I think.
Thanks

Arielluria
08-20-2007, 07:45 PM
will I :hair:, :wall: or :eyes: ??Nah! Go for it! Once you do your first cable you will :wall: at just how EAAAAAAASY it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrislt8
08-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Well I'm in! I just cast on tonight - making it in a light worsted weight cotton/rayon blend (for a wool allergic sister) in a soft creamy/lemony color. I am loving this yarn - it is very, very soft. I wanted it a little lighter than a bulky weight as she lives at the base of the mountains of NC and I didn't want it too warm...

suzeeq
08-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Should I go with the bulkier yarn and then just try to figure out how many stitches I need to add a extra cable? Would it look better with one extra cable or two? I am making it for a big guy and 41/2" will be too narrow of a scarf on him I think.

Silver said you could increase the CO number by 12, then you just knit till it's as long as you want. Or use the 40 st CO and larger needles, like a 10 or 10.5. They work well with worsted, not too loose at all.

figaro
08-21-2007, 02:36 PM
I frogged mine, but it is because I want to make it wider. I showed it to my husband and he wondered why it was so narrow. So I am going to cast on 64 instead of 40, I am adding 2 more cables to it and that should be it!:cheering:

As for anyone who wants to do this but never done cables, go for it! I never did cables before this and they are really easy, alls you are doing is transferring the stitches from one needle to a cable needle, knitting the next 4 stitches then knitting off of the cable needle. Very easy and it looks great once you have 3 or 4 cable twists done!:woohoo:

Sanibelle
08-21-2007, 06:13 PM
I am in too... I started mine last week. The hat is done and the scarf is about 1/2 way done. I made the Irish Hiking Scarf last year and this pattern was so much more fun to knit, plus it looks betters and lays flat. THANKS SILVER!!!!

ADAllen
08-22-2007, 05:59 PM
The two extra cables sounds really nice. How many extra yards do you think it will take?

Weebie
08-22-2007, 08:46 PM
I've been wanting to cast on for this, so this is perfect motivation! Count me in!!!

figaro
08-22-2007, 09:27 PM
I have no idea how much extra yarn the two extra rows will need, I hope the 3 skeins I have is enough. And if not then someone better have some more! I will post a picture of it when 1 skein is gone.

SkyBluePink
08-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Let me say that I love knitting this scarf! This is my first attempt at cables and I never imagined they would be this easy. Makes me want to kick myself for waiting so long to try them! :wall:

I'm knitting this scarf with mmmmMalabrigo (Damask Rose colorway). It is so very yummy. I think I will be keeping this for myself for two reasons.

1. It's Malabrigo! Non-knitters do not appreciate this yarn.

2. I'm moving to Maine where it is COLD. I need warm scarves. :yay:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/KateNPC/S6300137.jpg

cinnamon_girl
08-27-2007, 10:54 PM
That is so beautiful SkyBluePink!!! I love the color. It looks yummy!!:woot:

Must get more Mmmmmalabrigo!!! (and knit me one)

ADAllen
08-27-2007, 11:37 PM
That is gorgeous!

mulene
08-27-2007, 11:52 PM
I am SO down to knit this. Have the yarn ready already but several other projects queued up first!

suziehomemaker
08-28-2007, 03:29 PM
I just decided to start this as my travel knitting project! I want to use up my stash so I'm going with a discontinued yarn that I got a great deal on, Wool-Ease sport weight. I have a feeling I'll need to try a couple variations until I get the right needle and width that I want. I plan to cast on later this week!

lissie
09-02-2007, 05:23 AM
SkyBluePink, that looks great! :inlove: I initially started the scarf in Shine Worsted but decided I've other plans for the yarn so I'm using 4 balls of superwash wool I've lying around for the scarf instead. This is also my first cable project! Here's my progress:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1293/1301020349_fc8512a387_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lispics/1301020349/)

Palindrome scarf blog post (http://lis-craft.blogspot.com/2007/09/palindrome-scarf-update.html)

Samsam
09-02-2007, 08:33 PM
I love that malabrigo Sky &
So pretty lissie!

I want to knit this too..I started the original one but hated the yarn I was using..

Silver
09-03-2007, 12:17 PM
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: I'm so getting a kick out of seeing your palindromes!!!

suziehomemaker
09-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Since I'm using sport weight yarn I did end up adding another cable and it's a good width now. After knitting this I think all scarves should be reversible!

Silver
09-12-2007, 07:36 AM
That looks GREAT!!

suziehomemaker
09-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks! I'd like to do the matching hat but since I'm using the sport weight yarn I'll have to do a little math and a could swatches first. I should be done with my scarf in a week or two. It's so relaxing to knit up!

knitknut
09-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Here is my Palindrome so far. I'm using Bernat Softee Chunky, Hot Orange. Size 11 needles. It looks really wide in the picture but it is about 8 inches across when relaxed. It is for my BIL for Christmas.

SkyBluePink
09-13-2007, 03:45 PM
I am absolutely LOVING the scarves in this KAL! The orange one is especially awesome, but then again, I am an orange fiend.

My Palindrome is not going so well. I have messed up somehow and I am not sure how I did it. More importantly, I have no idea how to go back and fix it. Even though I hate frogging, I hate having mistakes in my work more. Argh!! I will post a pic of it later on tonight to see if someone can help me. My problem is that if I frog back to the mistake, I will have NO idea what row I'm on! :waah::waah::waah:

MFuentes
09-16-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm so in! I nearly started this project last night, but then didn't. But after seeing all these great pictures I've got to do it. I have some Cascade 220 that is needing a project... but this scarf is so tempting to use really yummy yarn. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

(I was going to upload a picture of the yarn, but my computer has defeated me... arg.)

Dangles
09-17-2007, 05:20 PM
hmm i wonder what this would look like with... Manos del Uruguay.

Brandilyne
09-19-2007, 08:08 PM
I hope it's ok, I joined right in with y'all :) I love Silver's new pattern and it sounded so simple, I thought I could manage it as my first cable pattern! It's going pretty well so far, though I'm sure I've made mistakes, heh.

I'm using Mmmmmalabrigo in Applewood.

Thanks for the fantastic pattern Silver!

cinnamon_girl
09-19-2007, 10:05 PM
very pretty!! Love the Malabrigo:heart:

Secksiebrat
09-19-2007, 11:27 PM
The scarfs are beautiful. I'd definitely like to do this one, but it'll have to wait a bit until I get a few more christmas presents and UFOs off my needles.

I have no idea what yarn to use though. I'm in texas so really I don't need wool or anything super warm. It only stays really cold for 6-8 weeks.

Keep up the great pictures.

I've never done cables before so this will be challenge for me. Thanks Silver for such a wonderful pattern!

~danielle~

suziehomemaker
09-20-2007, 09:00 AM
Brandilyne - Beautiful yarn!

Indygirl
09-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Just thought I'd drop in. This is malabrigo-Emerald blue. I'm not to happy with this hat pattern. I would like to know how to get the one that goes with this scarf. Can anyone help?

I'm also interested in knowing how to post a larger picture in these post. I have tried and it says it's to large for the kind of file I'm using. I have resized it down smaller than some of the pictures I've seen on here. Sorry maybe this is for another thread:oops:

Dangles
09-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Indygirl, the hat looks just fine with the scarf. Great job.

momwolf
09-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Here's the hat
http://www.cometosilver.com/patterns/palindromehat.htm

Brandilyne
09-25-2007, 09:01 PM
I swear, I am the slowest knitter on earth :oops: But I have made some progress on my Palindrome! One skein of Mmmmmalabrigo down, one to go!

SkyBluePink
09-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Girls, these scarves are so freaking BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am so very sad about mine. I haven't gotten very far, but I have managed to royally screw it up somehow. And I have no clue how to go about fixing it. If I rip it out, I won't know the row I've ripped back to. Argh!!! :waah: Here's a photo of it. If you look, my latest cable is much longer than the ones before it. So I've missed something somehow. Any advice??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/KateNPC/S6300226.jpg

suziehomemaker
09-27-2007, 03:19 PM
It looks like you waiting 2 rows too long to cable. If you leave it and not frog it could be a design element?

If it really bothers you I would say frog it now and test a few rows to see where you're at based on the size of the cables.

debinoz
09-27-2007, 04:11 PM
You could always rip back to your last cable cross since it's a repeated pattern. Should be easy to find your spot from there.

Indygirl
09-27-2007, 04:24 PM
[quote=SkyBluePink;970067]Girls, these scarves are so freaking BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am so very sad about mine. I haven't gotten very far, but I have managed to royally screw it up somehow. And I have no clue how to go about fixing it. If I rip it out, I won't know the row I've ripped back to. Argh!!! :waah: Here's a photo of it. If you look, my latest cable is much longer than the ones before it. So I've missed something somehow. Any advice??

Arielluria
09-27-2007, 07:33 PM
I have no clue how to go about fixing it. If I rip it out, I won't know the row I've ripped back to. Argh!!! :waah: I don't even count the rows on this or the IHS scarf. I look, and when it looks like I SHOULD be cabling, I go one more row. :teehee: I have yet to be wrong.

What I mean is, when it looks like it's about the size of the cable, it's just a tad short to cable yet.........so I go one more row. Hope that helps.

aprildavis99
09-28-2007, 11:06 AM
These scarves are so beautiful. I have started one using Knit Picks Merino in Honey color. I wanted a quick knit so I'm using 3 strands using a size 17 needle and I took one cable repeat out. So I cast on only 28 stitches. It's going so fast and it's sooo thick and warm. cloud9

knitknut
09-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Oh, April that sounds yummy! Can't wait to see pics.

Skybluepink - Once you fix your cables you could try a trick that I used. Since there are 6 rows to the pattern, I kept a dice nearby and turned it after each row to show the row I was knitting on. Kind of like a six-sided row counter.

I finished my orange palindrome and now I've started another (actually 2)((ok, really 3))! Thanks for this great pattern, Silver!

Gloriapike
09-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Okay, here's mine! I'm doing it as a present for my mom.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l257/gloria_repository/knits/th_palindrome1.jpg (http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l257/gloria_repository/knits/palindrome1.jpg)

I'm doing it in Malabrigo ("Velvet Grapes" colorway). It is SOOOO luxuriant! I think she's going to love it. It's a little more purply IRL than in the photo (I'm not a very good photographer), and since my mom always wears lots of purple/burgundy I know she'll like the color. I know I do!

stagebear
09-29-2007, 03:13 PM
i couldn't resist any longer. i just cast on as did two repeats in SWS Natural Blue.

stagebear
09-29-2007, 05:08 PM
so in working on mine, i've figured out how you can find your place. in this case, rip back to your last cable row (you'll be able to tell where it is), then rip back two more rows and you'll be ready to cable again. in the future, just look at the right side of the cable and count the curving v's for rows (the ones coming "under" the crossing point).

Girls, these scarves are so freaking BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am so very sad about mine. I haven't gotten very far, but I have managed to royally screw it up somehow. And I have no clue how to go about fixing it. If I rip it out, I won't know the row I've ripped back to. Argh!!! :waah: Here's a photo of it. If you look, my latest cable is much longer than the ones before it. So I've missed something somehow. Any advice??

aprildavis99
10-02-2007, 07:46 AM
So this is how far I have gotten on my 3 strand scarf on size 17 needles using KP's merino. cloud9

knitknut
10-02-2007, 12:59 PM
I wanna squish it!

WandaT
10-05-2007, 06:07 AM
OK, I'm in too ... I couldn't resist any longer either. I've actually started two - one with Bernat Satin Sport (but I need to frog and add a repeat cuz I think it's two skinny) and another one for a Xmas gift with SWS. I'm loving how it's turning out! This is my first cable attempt and while I have to say I'm not loving the cable thing, only having to do it for 12 stitches every 6 rows is not bad!

ADAllen
10-05-2007, 09:02 AM
I started mine last night with Knit Picks Shamrock. I'm afraid it is too busy for the cables, but I just can't resist a yarn that has the same name as my Grandpa for his scarf. My hubby insists that he's going to love it anyway, and he's right. But I'd rather for him to love something that looked fantastic. This pattern is fantastic so that will probably make up for all of my worries.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1073/1488103368_333a4ac40d.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/adallen/1488103368/)

suziehomemaker
10-07-2007, 02:25 PM
That Shamrock yarn looks very nice!

How long is everyone making their scarves? I knit mine up using sport weight yarn and after going through 440 yards already I'm looking for my end point. Every time I ask my husband to model it for me he tells me to knit 4-5 more inches. That was 20 inches ago!

Thanks!

stagebear
10-07-2007, 07:37 PM
ADAllen, I like the Shamrock - I think you'll find it less busy after you've knit more.

Here's mine so far. I got 8 repeats done then found a knot that changed my color sequence - argh.

Indygirl
10-07-2007, 07:45 PM
ADAllen, I like the Shamrock - I think you'll find it less busy after you've knit more.

Here's mine so far. I got 8 repeats done then found a knot that changed my color sequence - argh.
Very pretty! What yarn is that? Your knitting is great.:yay:

stagebear
10-07-2007, 08:22 PM
it's Patons SWS in Natural Blue.

aprildavis99
10-08-2007, 12:45 PM
ADAllen, I really like the Shamrock yarn. I agree that it will look less busy the more you progress. Your cables look great. :yay:

Stagebear, I like the yarn color you chose. Very nice.:cheering: I'm sorry about the knot. I know it 's frustrating.

ADAllen
10-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks everybody. I'll just keep chugging away on it. I love those colors stagebear! Sorry bout your knot. I know how those can be:hair:

stagebear
10-08-2007, 02:07 PM
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh - so after i finally matched up the color on another skein to join where my mis-matched knot was, i got about 3 repeats done and found another knot! i've match it up again, but i dont know how many more times i can handle this.

robynbird
10-08-2007, 04:17 PM
I started this pattern and I love it but I am making it out of Malabrigo (which is a good thing) however, I only have 1 skein. :( I am making for my sister who likes long scarves. I think I may have to either frog it and knit only 2 cables making it thinner, or pick a different yarn. Hmmmmmm....

Indygirl
10-08-2007, 04:23 PM
robynbird;I started this pattern and I love it but I am making it out of Malabrigo (which is a good thing) however, I only have 1 skein. :( I am making for my sister who likes long scarves. I think I may have to either frog it and knit only 2 cables making it thinner, or pick a different yarn. Hmmmmmm....[/quote

OR, You could go shoping:happydance::teehee:

Knitting_Guy
10-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Count me in. I'm about to cast it on, but am going to make it two cables wider than the pattern (64 stitches instead of 40).

Mulderknitter
10-11-2007, 08:02 PM
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh - so after i finally matched up the color on another skein to join where my mis-matched knot was, i got about 3 repeats done and found another knot! i've match it up again, but i dont know how many more times i can handle this.
What about contacting your LYS that sold the yarn and asking about replacement? Also, I know a lot of us have had good experiences contacting the manufacturer of the yarn and getting replacements when there's problems like yours:shrug:

Sanibelle
10-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Sorry - no pics but I got the hat and scarf done.

I did them for my cousin that lives in London who I just got to see for the first time in many years. She spent the day with us and then had us (my mom and I) over to her house for dinner and I got to meet a bunch of cousins that I never knew existed...

Anyway I gave her the hat and scarf as a thank you gift for the dinner and spending the day showing us London. Did you ever knit something forI someone and when you gave it to them they said "oh that is nice" and you knew that they would put it in the draw and it would never see the light of day again...

I am usually so careful who I knit for (I have my Knitworthy list) and I made an exception this time... which I have learned my lesson and will never do that again.

They truned out great... in fact everyone at work told me they want it for a Xmas gift so I know it was not my knitting or the yarn...

Oh well... I feel better now.

stirsmommy
10-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Ok I am in. I have started but only have twelve repeats done. I am using malabrigo vaa. I love the blue and greens. It is for my guy's birthday but it is so soft and yummy it will be hard to give away.

aprildavis99
10-15-2007, 05:11 PM
:frog:I just noticed that about 6 repeats back, I was adding an extra 2 rows. It's not terribly noticiable, but I know it's there and the cables are not coming out the same. So I frogged all the way back and now I have to do it again.:pout:

Phooey on obssessive/compulsive perfectionism :roll:

ADAllen
10-20-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm half way done with mine! I'll have to take some more pictures soon.

swamp_deb
10-20-2007, 11:57 AM
I knitted the scarf, love, love, love it.

It was my first cables and reading the pattern made it so easy. I am sure that I will be knitting more in different colors and yarns.

Thank you so much Silver. :muah:

Secksiebrat
10-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Ok so I was at my mom's house and I had my yarn all ready for my scarf and I was printing out the pattern from silver's website and my sister (16) walks by and says "ohmygosh.. I love that scarf..can you knit that for me in the same colors?". Now understand my sister doesn't think anything my mother and I knit is cool or remotely nice to wear, so I caved and said "sure".

I knew my mom had 2 skeins in the natural pink colorway from patons sws so I hijacked those and got working. Here is one skein completed. I will probably need to buy another skein or two (boy I'm a bit worried about dye lots, but there might not be much I can do since she bought them a while ago..). Here's the pictures!

Thanks for such a great pattern Silver. This is my first cabled project and I love it! It's easy and it's beautiful!

~danielle~

ADAllen
10-28-2007, 01:34 PM
I finished my grandpa's christmas scarf!:cheering: I still think the yarn is a bit busy, but I am really in love with this scarf. It does look alot better now that it is all knit up, and it is soooo squishy and cuddly! I love it and so will grandpa:heart:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2227/1792216499_c8fd8a0be0.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/adallen/1792216499/)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2124/1793059756_50b1bb0f6d.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/adallen/1793059756/in/photostream/)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2217/1793060382_bdbfd40224.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/adallen/1793060382/in/photostream/)

auburnchick
10-28-2007, 02:15 PM
That yarn is absolutely gorgeous!!!! It turned out lovely!

:passedout:

ADAllen
10-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Ok so I was at my mom's house and I had my yarn all ready for my scarf and I was printing out the pattern from silver's website and my sister (16) walks by and says "ohmygosh.. I love that scarf..can you knit that for me in the same colors?". Now understand my sister doesn't think anything my mother and I knit is cool or remotely nice to wear, so I caved and said "sure".

I knew my mom had 2 skeins in the natural pink colorway from patons sws so I hijacked those and got working. Here is one skein completed. I will probably need to buy another skein or two (boy I'm a bit worried about dye lots, but there might not be much I can do since she bought them a while ago..). Here's the pictures!

Thanks for such a great pattern Silver. This is my first cabled project and I love it! It's easy and it's beautiful!

~danielle~
It is so cool that your sister asked for a scarf. I told my brother that I was making him one for chirstmas and he's really skeptical. Hopefully I'll win him over though

Maria2009
10-28-2007, 04:46 PM
here is mine so far:) it's for my mom(her Christmas gift)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2209/1793586365_f091496b15.jpg

ADAllen
10-28-2007, 06:12 PM
ohh that's a pretty blue. I like it.

Secksiebrat
10-29-2007, 11:17 AM
I love that color blue. It's gorgeous!

I'm sure you'll win your brother over Adallen!

~danielle~

Dangles
10-30-2007, 03:03 AM

~danielle~

Woo great work!

Dangles
10-30-2007, 03:05 AM
I finished my grandpa's christmas scarf!:cheering: I still think the yarn is a bit busy, but I am really in love with this scarf. It does look alot better now that it is all knit up, and it is soooo squishy and cuddly! I love it and so will grandpa:heart:

Looks good to me.

Dangles
10-30-2007, 03:06 AM
here is mine so far:) it's for my mom(her Christmas gift)

What a beautiful colour.

Knitting_Guy
10-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Frogged. :pout:

Somehow I managed to screw up the pattern and didn't notice it for a number of rows. :hair: I just finished frogging the whole thing and will start over. There were a couple of minor mistakes earlier in the thing anyway so I felt at this point it's best to just start it over from scratch and pay closer attention to what I'm doing.

Songbirdy
11-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Okay, I'm going to cast on...

I've bought some Cascade 220 and am attempting yet again to knit myself a hat, mitt and scarf set. I'm taking a class to knit "thrum" mitts and will work in a cable section to match this...

Anyhow! I'll do the scarf first!

TTYL!

lelvsdgs
11-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Ok so we can just leave it as an open KAL for whoever is joining in, and present your pics upon completion, whenever that may be. I started mine and it works up quickly.
If you want to make it wider, just add another cable, another 12 sts.

Yay! I was really wanting to try to do this but have several things that I have to finish up. I downloaded the pattern, now I just have to finish up and choose some perfect yarn.:out:

Songbirdy
11-04-2007, 09:27 AM
I finished about 18 inches last night but I am thinking of frogging and modifying. I'm knitting with a worsted weight light and I am finding it too narrow as is and ... I'll not have enough wool leftover.

I'll think about it this morning and then decide this afternoon.

Dh is getting used to seeing me grow a project, rip it up and start all over.

I'm thinking... Two outer cables in this pattern and then... seed stitch in between?

If I don't modify I'll need twice the wool and I bought... the ends of the barrel... so there are no more matching... besides... I didn't keep the skein wrappers.

The.Knitter
11-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Hey Songbirdy... do you ever go shopping for yarn at Len's Mill Store in Hespeler, Cambridge? They have one "shop" that is all yarn and it is heaven to go in and browse. It would sure replenish the stash going in there to buy yarn. AND I think they sell it by the pound instead of by the skein.

Songbirdy
11-05-2007, 12:20 AM
I have a Len's Mill store right around the corner... I make the children walk there with me, about 20 minutes depending on if we go the route with the park!

Anyhow, I decided that this pattern wasn't working with my wool. I want this out of wool since I do yard duty at a school.

And... so that I am not tempted to just gift this away like I have done with all the other sets I knitted in the last few months... I spent more money on the wool for myself... :teehee:

Anyhow... I'm going with Brooke's column of leaves for this scarf. I've got some great Shetland Chunky that I think I'll do this scarf in!

Arielluria
11-19-2007, 04:59 PM
I finally finished my first Palindrome. I love that it's reversible. It's a Christmas present for DH's aunt in Seattle.

I made it in Bernat's Softee Chuky which I don't think I'm so happy about, but here it is, & on my Ravelry Projects page (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Arielluria):
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2093/2048009534_2080e38b2d.jpg

Miley384
11-24-2007, 04:12 PM
wow... that looks hard. I will try though. I'm in! :grphug:

Ryan
11-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I was looking to do a cable scarf, and a scarf for red scarf project, so this is great. Count me in.

Knitting_Guy
11-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Ok, finished the hat for the bartender and cast on the scarf once again. It's about 6 repeats along at this point.

Debkcs
11-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Ok, finished the hat for the bartender and cast on the scarf once again. It's about 6 repeats along at this point.

Gee Mason, when you KAL, you really KAL. I'm going to start this scarf tonight, my first cable project. WML!

Ryan
12-07-2007, 11:30 AM
This is fun to knit, but taking me a while cause i'm doing other stuff too. I'm using Bernat Satin Sport, going to be a Christmas present for someone.

Ryan
12-07-2007, 11:32 AM
I always forget to attach images! :hair:

kristinw
12-08-2007, 06:39 PM
That is looking good Ryan!

I figured I'd post here. I started this scarf as a Christmas present. I'm getting there and am determined to finish it in time. I'm using Malabrigo.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2075/2087165246_7796c85e20.jpg

knitpurlgurl
12-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Is it too late to join this KAL? I had just started to knit this for my daughter. I'm knitting about 6 projects right now (Christmas), so it may be awhile before I get done.

Ryan
12-09-2007, 02:40 AM
Yours looks a lot warmer and cozier than mine Kristin, i'm sure whoever's getting it will love it. I finished mine tonight :woot: but can't post another picture till my phone plan kick in for the new month.

Spikey
12-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Having a bit of knitting ADD, and finally had a few minutes to finish this.
Done with Chunky Baby Alpaca. Very warm but sheds like crazy.

Ryan
12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Looks geat! These all seem to turn out really cool, whatever the yarn is.