PDA

View Full Version : No one is ever!

sugarfunpouch
08-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Nobody seems to go to the............................................
Knitchat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's turn that around!
Who's with me?

Jan in CA
08-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Not everyone gets summer vacation. A lot of people have to work during the day or have kids. :shrug:

sugarfunpouch
08-20-2007, 05:33 PM
True, but still...

stitchwitch
08-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Everytime I've ever gone in I've always been in there talking to myself. Nobody is ever there or if they are they are away from their computers. I won't go back, not worth the effort. :shrug:

sugarfunpouch
08-20-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm there now!

sugarfunpouch
08-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Hello? Let's go chat!!!!!

Knitting_Guy
08-20-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm usually not on the computer long enough at one time for chat. I log on, check my regular sites, make a smart-*ss remark or two and log off again to do other things.

momwolf
08-20-2007, 09:17 PM
I actually forget it's even there.I think it needs to be displayed better,like in it's own little spot.I NEVER use the Forum button so I forget the Chat room is there:roll:

ekgheiy
08-20-2007, 09:54 PM
I second Jan here. Damn work for getting in the way!!! :teehee: Other than that, I just simply got impatient with only occasionally finding others in KnitChat. So I stopped even logging in. :pout:

suzeeq
08-20-2007, 11:21 PM
I popped in a few times over the weekend. Seems like a few people had just left when I got there ... including redheadedrachel. It might be nice if there were a feature available for how many are in chat. I think I've seen other rooms that do this. Wouldn't have to mention names, just `X people in chat now'

debinoz
08-20-2007, 11:47 PM
I never go because I have a hard enough time figuring out what I want to say here... forget RT.... I 'd never make it!

hunterjenn
08-21-2007, 03:17 AM
I popped in a few times over the weekend. Seems like a few people had just left when I got there ... including redheadedrachel. It might be nice if there were a feature available for how many are in chat. I think I've seen other rooms that do this. Wouldn't have to mention names, just `X people in chat now'

:waving: The main forum page tells you who's in chat!

kblue
08-21-2007, 07:56 AM
i go in once in a while just to see if anyone is in there if there's no one i usually leave.

Silver
08-21-2007, 08:24 AM
I am not a chatter. I don't even talk on the phone for longer than I absolutely have to.

figaro
08-21-2007, 09:51 AM
I went in there over the weekend and someone had just left when I arrived so in popped Knitbotty and we talked it up for a few. Other than that, I do check at the bottom of the first page and no one is there?:shrug:

Sharly
08-21-2007, 10:10 AM
I had conversations with several people last Friday evening. I enjoyed it - it's a good way to get to know people better. (How ya' doin' Hob?) - Pretty cool to talk in RT with someone from another country!

But, there is seldom anyone there when I check. I think it's a nice feature. Could be useful if you wanted to set something up. I don't have access to it during the work day. If I did, I would be there all day, and be pleased to serve as the "hostess" :).

sinistral_needler
08-21-2007, 11:17 AM
I went in and chatted with KnittyBot and it asked me what I was wearing .. I'm like, OK then!

Sharly
08-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Maybe he should be renamed "NaughtyBot"!

suzeeq
08-21-2007, 11:23 AM
:waving: The main forum page tells you who's in chat!

D'oh!! That's where I saw it!

I hardly ever check that page though, but I will now....

Sharly
08-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi! I just checked into the chat room, but because I'm at work, it won't let me respond!! I thought there might be some settings or something I could adjust, but no luck!

I'm sorry to those of you who were speaking to me - I would have responded if I had been able to!! I was just lurking there, and started to feel like a voyeur, so I checked back out...

Maybe I'll see you there again sometime - I can access it normally at home - darn these people, why can't they provide me with a system that allows me to chat with my knitting friends all day????:eyes:

kblue
08-21-2007, 01:12 PM
I went in and chatted with KnittyBot and it asked me what I was wearing .. I'm like, OK then!

ya i think everytime i go in there i always see knittybot or knittybotty i dunno but they never say anything to me so is that someone actually here on KH or is that somthing for the chat room only?? If it is someone So Sorry i'm not trying to offend anyone....i was just wondering

Sharly
08-21-2007, 01:44 PM
ya i think everytime i go in there i always see knittybot or knittybotty i dunno but they never say anything to me so is that someone actually here on KH or is that somthing for the chat room only?? If it is someone So Sorry i'm not trying to offend anyone....i was just wondering

:) It's a robot that responds (most of the time) to what you type. It's kind of fun, I think - he once told me he had "about 1000" cats...

sugarfunpouch
09-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Knitbotty scares me! That's why, if people were there more often, we wouldn't have to deal with...it.

sugarfunpouch
10-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Hello? I don't want to talk to Knitbotty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan in CA
10-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Knitbotty scares you? :?? Sorry, I just don't have time to spend in chatting most of the time. :shrug:

sugarfunpouch
10-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Knitbotty is kind of creepy!

Nobones
10-08-2007, 04:13 AM
I voted often, I usually log in every day, sometimes twice.

I usually go on in the afternoon for an hour, and in the evening for an hour. I usually just end up chatting to knitbotty, I love trying to confuse him, it's so funny. Sometimes people have come in and said hello.

If I see there is only 1 person in the chat, I will take time to go in there for a little bit to chat.

sugarfunpouch
10-08-2007, 07:57 PM
I like confusing Knitbotty too! Ahh... it's fun!