PDA

View Full Version : New yarns from knit pick

kbagel
08-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has used the new Cadena yarn from knitpicks. I was thinking of ordering some to make a scarf for my dad and was wondering what everyone thought or what everyone thought of their other yarns. I've only used Wool of the Andes Bulky from them.
Thanks guys!

Julie
08-22-2007, 04:28 PM
It's actually an old yarn with a new name -- they must have run into some trademark issues with the old name (there are already quite a few yarns with the same name). If you do a search on Knitpicks Sierra, you should be able to find some info. :thumbsup:

Wench
08-22-2007, 08:27 PM
While I haven't used the yarn in question, I have yet to be disappointed in any of the yarns I've gotten from KP.

The only caveat I have is that for some of the yarns, the colors on the website are not very true. They tend to have better color representation in their print catalogue.

cheesiesmom
08-23-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm making a sweater for my son with Sierra/Cadena in the Tide colorway. It's bee-yoo-tiful!!. Really nice to work with. Soft. Great stitch definition and because it's chunky/bulky, it's knitting up really fast. I started it a couple of weeks ago and have the front, back and 1/2 a sleeve done. I was worried it wouldn't be finished for Christmas.

KP also had a dog bag (carrier) pattern done up in Sierra. I figured it was too nice a yarn for that and after some research, it's far and away cheaper to use this beauty yarn than to buy a so-called bargain brand!.

I really like Sierra/Cadena. I will buy again.

Gladys

annomalley
08-23-2007, 06:18 PM
The only caveat I have is that for some of the yarns, the colors on the website are not very true. They tend to have better color representation in their print catalogue.

Thanks for the info! :) I just went to their site and ordered the catalog. I've got my eye on some yarn that I might want to get for a project later.

Lisa_H-Town
08-24-2007, 12:24 AM
I love this months catalog... the front gives a nice synopsis of each yarn.... (but not all)... which really helps someone like me who is still learning what kind of yarn is good for what.... tho they are suggestions, it was a very nice feature in the catalog!

cheesiesmom
08-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the info! :) I just went to their site and ordered the catalog. I've got my eye on some yarn that I might want to get for a project later.

You can order color cards for each of KP's yarns which not only give you accurate colors but you get to feel the yarn before buying. I think they only run about $1.99 each. When I was picking out the yarn for my sweater, this was a real help. Plus I could sit around and "pet" the little samples. :teehee:

Gladys