PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Amy!!

giedre11
08-22-2007, 08:59 PM
I just want to say how thankful I am for #1-having this forum here, and #2 for having those wonderful videos on knitting. I fell head over heels in love with this capelet- http://chrisknits.blog-city.com/iro_capelet.htm however, being a combo knitter I knew I could not knit this {it's in the round} without having my stitches come out all twisted up. I was, however, quite determined that I was going to make this or else! Having learned continental style knitting from the videos, I am now happily knitting away on this project with my newly learned stitches! I just think of continental knitting as 'new stitches' and my hands and brain are able to accept this. I like the continental purl, probably 'cause it's so close to my combo knitting, only difference being that I wind my yarn clockwise, but in continental it's wound over the needle counter clockwise. Only thing I can't figure out is how continental knitters keep tension on the knit stitch? I find that it takes more hand movements to get tension on it-I have to knit it, then bring the yarn forward to tighten it, then bring it back again to knit the next stitch. Oh well, I guess it's just what you're used to. Anyway, I am one happy camper knitting my slimming capelet! :woot::woot::woot:

ChristinaKnits
08-22-2007, 11:39 PM
That's awesome! Congrats on your new skills :) Oh, and I agree, Amy's videos rock!

AnnaT
08-23-2007, 03:02 AM
I completely agree. I have watched other knitting videos and always come back to these.

Also, the forum here is the nicest I have ever been on in my 12 or so years of internet access. I have tried to participate on other forums, usually book forums, but the sniping and snobbery turns me off and I always quit going. That certainly doesn't happen here.

Knitting_Guy
08-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Yep, I probably would have given up if not for Amy's wonderful site.