PDA

View Full Version : Email Notifications Question

ArtLady1981
08-23-2007, 04:47 PM
:waving:Hi!

Quick Question regarding the email notifications feature:

The email notification says that "you will receive no further notifications until you visit the forum".

Does this mean I have to click the link FOR EACH AND EVERY notification sent...or...can I read most of them through my email...and just click the link for one of them to remain on the notifications list?

Must I click the link IN THE EMAIL to validate my current status, and can I just use my IE browser to migrate to KnittingHelpForum to validate my current status.

Knitting_Guy
08-23-2007, 04:58 PM
I think you can just visit the forum.

Oh, and for security reasons you really should be using Firefox instead of IE. The IE browser is terrible.

Jan in CA
08-23-2007, 05:07 PM
They only send one for each thread you've subscribed to I think till you visit. For instance if you've subscribed to a blog.. after person A responds you will get a notification. If persons B and C respond you will not get another notification unless you had visited after the first response. AT least I think that is the way it works now.

Knitting_Guy
08-23-2007, 05:14 PM
They only send one for each thread you've subscribed to I think till you visit. For instance if you've subscribed to a blog.. after person A responds you will get a notification. If persons B and C respond you will not get another notification unless you had visited after the first response. AT least I think that is the way it works now.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

GinnyG
08-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Speaking of email notification....... I don't seem to be notified of threads that I subscribe to. I may receive a rare notification but I often subscribe and never receive anything.

I also never get notified of PM's...... I only know I have one when I visit the forum and notice there is an unread message shown.

Jan in CA
08-23-2007, 07:02 PM
You can be subscribed to a thread w/o email notification. To change that go to "User CP" and click on "edit options". Scroll down to "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and you'll see a drop down box like the one attached. Click whichever choice you want. That should solve the problem. If not we can let Sheldon know.