PDA

View Full Version : 100purewool.com IT'S HERE!! :)

jeanius80
08-23-2007, 07:08 PM
i am a member of a coop and we are currently cooping this company. this yarn is soft and warm merino, just like malabrigo! 100purewool (http://www.100purewool.com/servlet/StoreFront)
they have a ton of different colorways. You are able to order any colorway that they have
on their site in any type of yarn b/c they dye it for us. anyone interested? let me know and i'll post the coop prices. i can add your orders as my own, and we can go from there.

Merino-1 Ply (undyed $5.00/dyed $5.50)
Merino 3Ply (undyed $5.20/dyed $5.70)
Merino 950 lace(undyed $5.00/dyed $5.50)
Corriedale (undyed $4.50/dyed $5.00)

lissalue
08-23-2007, 07:17 PM
me!!! i am definitely interested!

Lady Violet
08-23-2007, 07:22 PM
OH MY. :inlove:
i seriously think i could do ALL of my christmas shopping on that one site. how long will you be cooping with them?

jeanius80
08-23-2007, 07:29 PM
the coop runner hasn't posted a closing date, but is trying to get 400 skeins ordered...
let me IM her..

Jess_knit
08-23-2007, 07:34 PM
I've been eyeing their wool recently..I've spied a perfect colorway for a Clapotis...

In other words, I'm interested :inlove:

angel4ever
08-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Sounds interesting! I like those prices :)

I think I would like to order some...So how does it work? We give your our orders and pay you for the merchandise?

jeanius80
08-23-2007, 07:40 PM
ok, so the closing date is aimed for early to mid september. they dye to order, so it may be a week or two from the date that it gets shipped. I'll have everything shipped to me and then i'll send on to you for actualy postage.

jeanius80
08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
yeah, just tell me which yarn/color and how many...hmm. i'm going to set up a little blog to keep track of this so you can all add orders too (like a KAL!) and i'll add the total order to my coop...:)

angel4ever
08-23-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm making a list now...:flirt:

jeanius80
08-23-2007, 08:07 PM
here is the blog!

http://jeanius-100purewool.blogspot.com/

Ok, to add you so you can place an order, i need you to PM you email address so i can invite you to be an author on the blog.

wildforyarn
08-23-2007, 08:17 PM
I PMd you! Thanks!

jeanius80
08-23-2007, 08:26 PM
i am so glad you guys are interested :) I sent out 3 blog author invites

just a thought, if you are thinking of buying for the swap, i can't garentee you'll get your order before the close date, so you may want to send a note to your partner later letting them know it might be a little late!

jeanius80
08-23-2007, 09:20 PM
i will be going out of town on emergency (my grandfather is dying) Please continue to update orders! I will take my Laptop, but i am not sure if i will have access. I shouldn't be gone more than a week. If i am, i will find a way to connect and get everything settled. I do need a volunteer to be added as an admin to be able to invite others to join. any one? thanks!

zip
08-23-2007, 09:24 PM
:woohoo:I was just perusing that site at about 4 a.m. today. I want one of everything, but I promise to actually be reasonable.

*going to see what I need to do to place an order with you*

sorry about your grandfather. :hug:

edit: I'll help you admin if no one's already stepped forward.

Lady Violet
08-23-2007, 09:53 PM
jeanius, i'm so sorry about your grandfather. i too am travelling for a grandparent. my grandmother died tuesday and we are driving up to maryland in the morning to be with family.

i have a question about the merino. what is the difference between the 1-ply and the 3-ply (besides the ply, of course)? would you use each for different projects? would the 1-ply be better suited for certain things and the 3-ply better suited for certain other things?

dakatzmeow
08-23-2007, 09:54 PM
not jeanius, but i THINK the 1 ply would be better suited for felting, yes?

jeanius80
08-23-2007, 10:01 PM
none of them are superwash, so all would be good for felting. read here about plies. (http://www.knitty.com/issuefall05/FEATwhyply.html) i think 3 ply would lay more even in your stitches (like the first photo) and 1 ply like the second photo. HTH the corriedale is a 1 ply, and the lace appears to be a single, but i am not even 50% sure on that :rofl:

Lady Violet
08-23-2007, 10:05 PM
gotcha. that really helps. now i just have to decide what kind of look i want, as well as what colors. oh, the decisions! :roll:

jeanius80
08-23-2007, 10:09 PM
also, not sure if it's clear, but you can order any yarn in any colorway. the lady running the coop has doubly made sure as there was a problem a while back with a different company .:yay:

marykz
08-24-2007, 09:03 AM
hey there, if you still need a helper I can try. I'm not a blogger but I can try to figure it out. I'll be on at least once a day this weekend. I'm so sorry about your grandfather.

robynbird
08-24-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm so sorry about your grandfather.

I am in. I'll PM you now. :)

wildforyarn
08-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. If you don't get the time to update everything, we will all understand. Don't worry about it. You take care of what you need to and we will all still be here when you get back. Take care. :hug:

JGM
08-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Jeanius, do you think you'll do this again another time? I can't afford to get some now, but perhaps at a later date...

jeanius80
08-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Jeanius, do you think you'll do this again another time? I can't afford to get some now, but perhaps at a later date...
i'm not in charge of the coop, just a member. i asked the admin of the coop if i could place orders for others and she okayed it. i do know that these are the upcoming ones:

Irish Baby Knits - we are on the waiting list for this one
ball winders/swifts, books, needles
Peace Fleece (mid October)
Organic Cotton (mid October)
and possibly a Noro Kureyon(beginning of Oct)she'e looking into the Noro one, to see if it make it a good deal or not. If you guys are interested, and i still am able to, let me know about any of them. Again, when i know more I'll let you know HTH

PaperGirl
08-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Ooohhhh.....I want to be in! Pretty colors!

candicane
08-24-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't know if I missed the information somewhere about shipping. I understand that they will be shipped as a bulk order and then sent out from there. What will be paying for the shipping from Uruguay to the person in the US?

I have ordered and used wool from this site and is incredibly soft!

Thanks
Candice

jeanius80
08-24-2007, 12:24 PM
marykz has been made an admin of the blog and is able to send author invites as well. So after today, please send any invite request to her, through KH. You will need to PM her your email address so she can send you a blog invite.
100purewool blog for us (http://jeanius-100purewool.blogspot.com/)

PaperGirl
08-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks Jeanie! :hug:

I hope all goes well with your grandfather. :heart::hug:

jeanius80
08-24-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't know if I missed the information somewhere about shipping. I understand that they will be shipped as a bulk order and then sent out from there. What will be paying for the shipping from Uruguay to the person in the US?

I have ordered and used wool from this site and is incredibly soft!

Thanks
Candice
great question! thier shipping prices are very reasonable. the coop admin will place the order (ours, and the other coop members) and then she breaks it down and sends it out.she does 2 payments:

1st Payment: Just your yarn/product total

2nd Payment: Shipping from company (divided up) + shipping from me to you(she'll mail our group order to me) + coop fee($1)

this is the plan:

A.place orders, get totals (i send payment to coop, you send payment to me)
B.divde my 2nd payment by our # of ppl
C.figure ACTUAL shipping for each order
add B and C for each person, and you send payment to me, i send yarn to you

ChristinaKnits
08-24-2007, 01:06 PM
jeanius...I am definitely interested!!!! Please count me in!!! My prayers for your Gfather too :)

cando
08-24-2007, 03:27 PM
great question! thier shipping prices are very reasonable. the coop admin will place the order (ours, and the other coop members) and then she breaks it down and sends it out.she does 2 payments:

1st Payment: Just your yarn/product total

2nd Payment: Shipping from company (divided up) + shipping from me to you(she'll mail our group order to me) + coop fee($1)

this is the plan:
A.place orders, get totals (i send payment to coop, you send payment to me)
B.divde my 2nd payment by our # of ppl
C.figure ACTUAL shipping for each order
add B and C for each person, and you send payment to me, i send yarn to you

Thanks for the breakup and for offering to take orders, Jeanie.
I'm wondering if there's an estimate of the company's shipping costs? Since we're essentially paying shipping twice, it would be good to know if the overall cost per skein ends up nearly the same. Either way sounds like a good deal and their colors are spectacular!

Sent you a PM last night. Thank you!

jeanius80
08-24-2007, 04:00 PM
i believe shipping is $3 a skein direct from the site. i am not sure what the shipping totals will be until the coop closes, as it's a very large order (she's aiming for 500 skeins) I would venture to guess that a large order would cost less to ship than a bunch of smaller orders direct to buyer. does that make sense?
just for fun, i put in a 500 skein order, full price, and shipping was 35.50 fedex. so it will be a better deal than ordering direct. HTH

cando
08-24-2007, 05:01 PM
i believe shipping is $3 a skein direct from the site. i am not sure what the shipping totals will be until the coop closes, as it's a very large order (she's aiming for 500 skeins) I would venture to guess that a large order would cost less to ship than a bunch of smaller orders direct to buyer. does that make sense?
just for fun, i put in a 500 skein order, full price, and shipping was 35.50 fedex. so it will be a better deal than ordering direct. HTH

Makes sense to me! Thank you :)

jeanius80
08-24-2007, 05:46 PM
i just got an answer about the lace weight. it is one ply :) HTH
:shifty:

zip
08-24-2007, 09:03 PM
i just got an answer about the lace weight. it is one ply :) HTH
:shifty:

Thanks! What's the difference between the two worsted weights? The 3-ply costs a little more than the one that doesn't state a ply. They're the same weight, so I know I'm failing to comprehend something that everyone else just... somehow... knows. :oo: help!

jeanius80
08-24-2007, 09:13 PM
the merino comes in a 1 ply (like malabrigo) and also a 3 ply. the 3 ply is the higher price, likely because of the little bit more time it takes to ply.

cando
08-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks! What's the difference between the two worsted weights? The 3-ply costs a little more than the one that doesn't state a ply. They're the same weight, so I know I'm failing to comprehend something that everyone else just... somehow... knows. :oo: help!

Both are worsted, yes, but one of them is spun in a single ply (the one that doesn't mention how many ply) and the other is 3 thinner strands twisted together tightly (3-ply). The difference is in feel and stitch definition. Some prefer single ply, some multiple. Here are a couple of skeins in the same color from their website to show you the difference. First one is the 1 ply merino, the second one is 3-ply. HTH.

zip
08-24-2007, 09:22 PM
the merino comes in a 1 ply (like malabrigo) and also a 3 ply. the 3 ply is the higher price, likely because of the little bit more time it takes to ply.

Thanks, Jeanie. Sorry to be dunderheaded. I'm still drooling and debating which ones to order. trying be reasonable about it and not go hog-wild.

zip
08-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Both are worsted, yes, but one of them is spun in a single ply (the one that doesn't mention how many ply) and the other is 3 thinner strands twisted together tightly (3-ply). The difference is in feel and stitch definition. Some prefer single ply, some multiple. Here are a couple of skeins in the same color from their website to show you the difference. First one is the 1 ply merino, the second one is 3-ply. HTH.

Thank you! The single gleams so, doesn't it? I'm getting closer to knowing what I want.

dakatzmeow
08-25-2007, 12:11 AM
not go hog wild? what is this you speak of? :roflhard:

Momto G B and H
08-25-2007, 12:46 AM
I just thought I'd clarify some things since I just bought from a 100purewool coop.
First, the actual shipping for about 500 skeins is like $295. Not the $35.50 that shows up on the website if you enter that many skeins. My coop bought about 600 skeins and it was a total of 13 big boxes of yarn. The shpping charges we paid up front wee $0.60 per skein, then we got a bit of that back when the actual charges were figured. You'll also have to pay customs fees which amounted (for us) to $0.08 per skein.
I bought 12 skeins, and if I would have purchased them via the site it would have cost me $128.50. My total ended up being $88.45, or $7.12 a skein.
Also, their prices just went up so getting in on this coop is a good idea. It's going to cost about $0.50 more per skein than before so get it while you can!
I just bot my 3-ply and it's really nice stuff. You can see pictures of it on my blog (link below). The 1 ply is similar to Malabrigo, and the 3 ply is a lot sturdier.

giedre11
08-25-2007, 11:21 AM
That is some beautiful yarn! Does anybody know if the combined colorways are long colorways like Noro? I am definitely interested, but just can't make up my mind!
When would the first payment be due about? What type of payment is accepted? I wish I had a gazillion dollars.

Momto G B and H
08-25-2007, 01:05 PM
They are variegated. Check out my blog for pictures.

zip
08-27-2007, 01:48 AM
I finally narrowed it down to just nine colors. :blush:

Thank you again, Jeanie!

REVS
08-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Jeanius,
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather! :hug:
I hope you are holding up okay. Sending good thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for inviting us all to take advantage of your great coop opportunity. I'll pm Marykz to get on the blog, it's too hard to resist! :drool:

jeanius80
08-31-2007, 01:09 AM
Add your orders now so we get them in if you haven't already.
Only 50 more skeins and then we will have the order full for 100 Pure Wool. If this
happens by tomorrow I will close it.
Leah (coop admin)

marykz
08-31-2007, 07:21 AM
i'll try to be online today if anyone else wants to get on the blog

marykz
08-31-2007, 09:29 AM
just a reminder- in your pm, I need your email address if you wish to join.

PLEASE read the thread to see how the co-op works. I am merely helping to administer the blog. I am not a member of the co-op. you can also find the address of the blog in one of Jeanius80's posts if you want to preview how it is working.

There are several invitations that are still "open". I re-sent them today. if you had asked for an invitation, and I pm'd you that it was sent, but you haven't seen it- please check your spam folder. the return address could say it is from me (marykz) or Jeanius80. I think it is a google address as well.

thanks for your patience, Marykz

jeanius80
08-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Closing Friday (31st) at noon CST - Payments due by me to the coop Thursday Sept 6th. Please pay asap
Payments are due when the coop closes. I prefer paypal. If you need another option, please PM me on KH (jeanius80 there too) my paypal email is jeanius80 AT yahoo DOT com

dakatzmeow
08-31-2007, 01:49 PM
jeanius, i paid you just now.

jeanius80
08-31-2007, 01:57 PM
COOP IS CLOSED

ChristinaKnits
08-31-2007, 02:24 PM
jeanius,
I had a question...you have my total on the blog as $60 but I thought I owed $66??? Wasn't the 1 ply $5.50? And another thing, should we add a couple bucks if paying by Paypal so you don't get stuck with our fees? I don't want you ending up paying for being so kind to all of us. Please let me know before I pay you ok? :hug:

jeanius80
08-31-2007, 02:29 PM
you are right, 12 x 5.50=66... i'll go fix that, Thanks!

jeanius80
08-31-2007, 02:40 PM
paid orderd are bolded and have 'PAID" next to them. Please double check your totals.

angel4ever
08-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Just made my payment via paypal.

Thanks!

:)

luvmeowers
08-31-2007, 03:11 PM
Whew! Made it just in time. :woohoo:

Jeanius, I just paid ya!

Thanks again!

jeanius80
08-31-2007, 03:23 PM
thanks for such fast payments! knttingnewbie- you had me confsed for a minute with your payment ... i had no idea who it was from :lol:

ChristinaKnits
08-31-2007, 03:25 PM
lol...oops, sorry about that :)

mare-nitt
08-31-2007, 03:41 PM
I just sent my payment to you. thank you for doing this.

Marilynn

robynbird
08-31-2007, 05:16 PM
I just paid! Wooo hooo!!!!

jeanius80
08-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Leah (coop admin) is out of town with no internet access, but did total all the orders (ours is $677 wowowowow:yay:) She will be back in town Tuesday, I hope to be able to send our payment then...

i am curious what you guys haveplanned for your wool...?
i am buying 4 skeins of the undyed lace, thinking i might make a wicked sweater in the lace weight version.. i may even dye it first :)

REVS
08-31-2007, 06:01 PM
Oooooh, a laceweight sweater? That sounds gorgeous! :inlove:
What pattern will you use?
Man, now I wish I had ordered some laceweight, I was tempted, but couldn't decide on the colors... Rats!

I'm planning scarves and hats etc with the single-ply: Silver's Palindrome scarf in the NUTS colorway for my dad.
A scarf and hat, maybe gloves in WINTER JOY for DH.
Dipsy's cable-lace scarf (maybe I can make that reversible, too, with Silver's pattern?) in FIREBRICK for myself or in PASIONARIA for my mom...

I'm covering Xmas presents ground here... Am I being realistic? :think: I also want to knit socks for myself and some baby things for a friend who is adopting a baby girl from Vietnam this fall. :happydance: Guess I'll be busy to overcommitted...

Oh, but then I didn't specify which Xmas I'm talking about - I guess there will be plenty of time until 2008... :teehee:

Silver
08-31-2007, 06:24 PM
:noway: I didn't even know you were doing a co-op! :doh:

lissalue
08-31-2007, 06:28 PM
Just wanted y'all to know I did get the invites, but there is no way I could have paid for yarn today, so it is good that I didn't order. I was waiting until next month cause we will have money then, and i thought it was going to be open until then, but oh well. maybe next time. :shrug: Enjoy your gorgeous yarns everyone! :woot:

jeanius80
08-31-2007, 06:42 PM
sorry ladies, i thought it would stay open longer too, but she pretty much closed it as soon as she got to 500 skeins...
this is the yahoo coop (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yarnaddicts/)
I think it would be a good idea to join if you think you may want to make a purchase in the future. I am more than happy though to place orders for ppl as well.

these are the upcoming co-opsUpcoming Coops:
Irish Baby Knits - we are on the waiting list for this one
ball winders/swifts, books, needles
Peace Fleece (mid October)
Organic Cotton (mid October)
Stitch Markers - several more before Dec:psst:i am really looking forward to the irish baby knits... i hope it's a great deal! they just did one for zen garden, but i was broke at the time *so sad* her yarns are pretty .... also, i am hoping to talk dh into getting me a swift when thatone opens ...... :mrgreen:

Jess_knit
08-31-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm planning on using the Festival to make a Clapotis. I think I'll block it fully and use it as a decorative table scarf thing, the colors match our dining room carpet really well. I'm not sure what the Chagall Night will be used for yet...I just loved the colors so much :inlove:

jeanius80
08-31-2007, 06:45 PM
REVS- this is the sweater i think i might do : wicked (http://www.zephyrstyle.com/catalog/item.cfm/2367447/3974522)
I am going to wait to buy the pattern until after the yarn gets here..

dustinac
08-31-2007, 06:59 PM
I've been reading this thread...thinking of joining the yahoo group...do you have to buy a certain amt or anything? I had never heard of a yarn co-op before :teehee:...dh is saying nooooo :blooby:

jeanius80
08-31-2007, 07:35 PM
nope, no minimums, you just jump in on any open coops you want to. thisis my first coop order too, i was going to place a peace fleece order, but talked myself out of it. now i might do it when it opens in october... i really want a cardi in the laura's coral color *pretty* and i am ordering at least one skein when the IBK coop opens. :)

lissalue
08-31-2007, 07:36 PM
my membership is pending. i am so excited!:cheering:

jeanius80
08-31-2007, 08:31 PM
yay lissa!!!!

robynbird
08-31-2007, 10:16 PM
My membership is pending also. Now what to do with all that yarn? Well...I joined SP11 and so some will be for my swap pal. Some is for gifts, scarves/hats/gloves etc. The laceweight I thought might work for socks or I don't know. I kind of went overboard (ya think!) but I'm sure I'll figure out a use for it all. I went to my LYS today since it's the last day of her 50% sale on ALL yarn and got some more sock yarn. LOL

zip
08-31-2007, 10:39 PM
I asked my SO's daughter to choose a color for longies for her nearly one-year old son. She chose June, so I ordered the 1-ply merino and will make knitty's baby cargo pants (http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer05/PATTcargo.html). I chose Chagall Nights to make a longie soaker for the second grandson who was born this past Sunday.

With the 3-ply, I'll make baby socks in the UCLA color for the new grandson and I'm thinking adult socks for the other FOUR colors. :shock:

The lace weight? I simply couldn't resist the two colors that I chose. Maybe I'll just roll around in 'em. Something will present itself.

I feel so decadent with this order pending.

jeanius80
09-03-2007, 01:48 PM
I need to send the payment before the 6th. Please pay for your orders so i can send our payment in! Check the totals listed on the blog (http://jeanius-100purewool.blogspot.com/), and send payment as soon as possible. Thanks!

REVS
09-03-2007, 03:51 PM
REVS- this is the sweater i think i might do : wicked (http://www.zephyrstyle.com/catalog/item.cfm/2367447/3974522)
I am going to wait to buy the pattern until after the yarn gets here..

Oh, Jeanius, so purdy! :inlove:
You HAVE to post pictures of the WIP when the yarn gets here.

Thanks for posting how to join the COOP ourselves. I'm seriously tempted, but I've gone from no stash to quite a bit of stash in this year. I guess I should not buy more before I've worked this down a bit... :oops:
I need more time in my days!

The swifts and winder one has me totally excited, though. Maybe I'll join just for that? Oh, temptation!

PaperGirl
09-04-2007, 12:50 PM
So sorry my payment is late! Ive JUST now been able to get back to my computer.

Olive Oil
09-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Sooo, Jenius 80, to join the coop you simply join the Yahoo knitting group?

Sorry that I am a little duh !!:aww:

Thankyou in advance.

Barb

jeanius80
09-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Yes Barb! you can join the coop on yahoo. you have to request to join, just let her know you heard about it from 'jeanius80' :)

jeanius80
09-04-2007, 02:01 PM
so ihave decided to continue to offer coops through the blog. so anytime i offer one here, orders should be made on the blog (http://jeanius-100purewool.blogspot.com/). HTH

Lady Violet
09-04-2007, 02:04 PM
:woohoo:
maybe next time i'll actually get in on it before it closes. :teehee:
now that i have a job, i won't just be hoping to have a little extra cash to pay with! :yay:

jeanius80
09-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I just sent the coop our payment :faint: $852.40
i cannot wait to see everyone's yarns

robynbird
09-05-2007, 11:22 PM
WOW!!!!! That's incredible!

dakatzmeow
09-05-2007, 11:23 PM
i just realized something. you get to fondle all our yarn! *thud*

luvmeowers
09-06-2007, 09:11 AM
I've joined the co-op, too! Thanks, Jeanius!

Lady Violet
09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
i just realized something. you get to fondle all our yarn! *thud*

somebody get her some smelling salts. :teehee:

jeanius80
09-06-2007, 11:44 AM
:teehee: i'll try really hard not to roll around in all that yummy softness....:rofl:

marykz
09-06-2007, 06:23 PM
you should charge a fee to wind it for us.... can you say "small business"?? LOL- that way you can fondle it all and get paid for it!

J/K!
(Jeanius is NOT winding, nor did she offer- just an idea that came to me- thinking of her surrounded by $800 of wool in all those pretty colors.... Jeanius you gotta take pics when it all arrives.)

Lady Violet
09-06-2007, 06:56 PM
one of those bathtub pics. :roflhard:

jeanius80
09-06-2007, 07:11 PM
i don't think ya'll want to see me in a bath tub! :rofl: i would offer to wind.. but i don't have a swift, just a ball winder...

dakatzmeow
09-06-2007, 09:57 PM
ooooooooooo ship it to me! i have a swift and winder.:woohoo:

jeanius80
09-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Sandra said that it would take 6 days for them to dye the yarn (an est.). They work Mon-Fri, so our yarn should be finished on the 17th or 18th of Sept.
Leah

:yay: I will ship yarn out as fast as possible too!

Jess_knit
09-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Awesome!

robynbird
09-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Yahoo!!!! :cheering:

dakatzmeow
09-09-2007, 09:35 PM
unbelievable! ;)

PaperGirl
09-10-2007, 09:16 AM
:teehee: i'll try really hard not to roll around in all that yummy softness....:rofl:

Do NOT roll around naked in my yarn. :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

jeanius80
09-10-2007, 12:33 PM
ok papergirl... i'll set yours aside first! :flirt:

:chair:

PaperGirl
09-10-2007, 01:19 PM
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

dakatzmeow
09-10-2007, 11:33 PM
nevermind. i was very confused. when i saw it said the order is in, i was jumping ahead, thinking the YARN was in. blushing, walking away, head hung in embarassment...

jeanius80
09-24-2007, 02:25 PM
from the coop admin!
Hi - PW has been shipped - shipped on the 21st and it usually takes
about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks to get to me.
Leah

i am so excited!:cheering:

letah75
09-24-2007, 02:49 PM

OMGosh!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cloud9:woot:

jeanius80
09-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Leah will be weighing out the order soon. I'll have the total soon. The plan is to split the shipping equally from Leah to me, then each person will pay their shipping total from me to you. we can do this two ways, in two payments or in one combined payment. I am leaning towards one payment, but whatever is easiest. please let me know! :)

marykz
09-28-2007, 02:17 PM
whatever is easiest for your particular bookkeeping is fine with me. Please include any paypal fees on top of my total b/c I don't want you to get stiffed for those!

happy dancing!

mare-nitt
09-28-2007, 02:24 PM
I agree, whatever works the easiest for you.

Just, again, thank you for offering this co op.

Marilynn

jeanius80
10-06-2007, 01:57 PM
i feel dumb! I somehow missed this email from Leah- i am so sorry for the delay!Hi Jeanie - ok your shipping total comes to: $163.18 Fedex ground shipping was the cheapest way - and it's kind of nice b/c they insure their packages automatically I believe.
Just LMK when you are going to pay and I will get the shipping labels ready.
Leah
I will pay this today, and as soon as it gets to me i will sort and ship your orders. I am thinking flat rate, to keep it simple. Any objections?

ChristinaKnits
10-06-2007, 02:02 PM
yay....can't wait!!! sounds good to me :)

marykz
10-06-2007, 06:53 PM
happy dance! I'm good with flat rate. just squeeze it all in there!!! LOL! They are about $10, right? just let me know when! MKZ

jeanius80
10-06-2007, 09:44 PM
-Can be used for Domestic Priority Mail ($8.95) and International Priority Mail ($23 to Canada and Mexico- $37 to all other countries, 20 lb weight limit applies)
if you want to calculate shipping, my zip code is 98387. You'll need to know your package weight, which you can figure by # of skeins X ounces.

lace- 3.5 ounces
1ply- 3.5 ounces
3ply- 3.5 ouncesand actually.. (duh) now that i reread stuff, it doesn't matter how much the boxes weight. as long as they are securely shut. Unless i am mailing international, then the priority flat rate box can't weigh more than 20#. :mrgreen:

robynbird
10-06-2007, 10:15 PM
it doesn't matter how much the boxes weight. as long as they are securely shut. Unless i am mailing international, then the priority flat rate box can't weigh more than 20#. :mrgreen:

That's right, so maybe when you get it you can tell us how many skeins you can shove into a flat rate box. For those of us who went completely overboard - me - it might be less to simply use a big box and send it priority, not the flat rate - know what I mean? Especially if it takes more than 1 or 2 or 3 of the flat rate boxes. Know what I mean? :)

jeanius80
10-06-2007, 10:44 PM
yep :) i know what you mean! let me message leah and see how many skeins she was able to max out on one box...

robynbird
10-06-2007, 11:04 PM
I had too much coffee tonight - I kept saying 'know what I mean?' LOL

luvmeowers
10-07-2007, 11:31 AM

Flat rate works for me (assuming you can get it all in one box :teehee:).

wildforyarn
10-10-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm anxious.... did you receive the package yet??? :)

jeanius80
10-10-2007, 06:53 PM
:lol: no not yet! i'll let you know asap..and post a pic! ;)

wildforyarn
10-10-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the picture of all the beautiful yarn that you will be receiving! Try not to fondle it too much! ;)

dakatzmeow
10-11-2007, 08:18 AM
i think you can only send printed material for media mail. sadly, i don't think yarn labels count. ;) i'll bet priority mail flat rate will be your best bet at 8.95.

jeanius80
10-11-2007, 01:43 PM
i was going to just send it all flat rate priority, since the boxes are free. but at least one person has expressed their displeasure at that, because the shipping would be half what they paid for the yarn. :shrug: anyone work for the post office? it's hard figuring out what's cheapest when i don't have the luxury of driving to the post office to weigh packages. so PLEASE, if anyone has a better idea.....

PaperGirl
10-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Well, Im ok with flat rate...I ordered like 6 skiens, I think...so thats cool with me.

BUT, I *think* you can do first class if its less than 13 ounces, for like 5 bucks. But dont quote me on that.

I just use flat rate boxes, print from home, and have the postman pickup.

SusanMarie1956
10-11-2007, 01:51 PM
VERY INTERESTED!!!!

Susan

dakatzmeow
10-11-2007, 02:09 PM
i ordered 10 skeins, so flat rate is fine with me. i'll go with the flow. whatever is easiest for you.

mare-nitt
10-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Whateve is easier, you have done alot so far.

But I will be away from the computer for a week, so if you post the message as to what to pay you, I won't get if for awhile. But please HOLD onto my yarn for me.:muah:

jeanius80
10-18-2007, 02:16 PM
the fed ex delivered this morning, so i'll be processing today/tomorrow ;)

Please check the coop blog (link in my sig) for your shipping totals!

Again, PLEASE verify the costs on USPS site (http://www.usps.com) by entering my zip code,98387, and your skeins weight total (# of skeins x 3.5 ounces)
Cando did all the math for us, and added the 3% and $.30 fee (from paypal), delivery confirmation and your portion from the initial shipping to me.

mare-nitt
10-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Jean, I will paypal you the money for mine, thank you again. What a nice homecoming, an email that the yarn is ready to be sent.:cheering:

Was there even a Noro Co Op?

jeanius80
10-18-2007, 06:24 PM
she was going to do one, but the price was about the same as from some online vendors, so she decided not to do it

off now, before we lose power in this yucky wind storm :shifty:

angel4ever
10-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Made the payment on paypal today.

Yay, my yarn is here! :cheering::yay:

marykz
10-18-2007, 07:43 PM
THANKS cando and Jeanie I sent my shipping $ just now. any pics of ALL that yarn?!

jeanius80
10-18-2007, 09:25 PM
ok.. this has been fun seeing all the beautiful yarns.. :happydance:

can you believe it all fit in just these 3 boxes :zombie:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2383/1625958628_c8c2e9c4db.jpg

can you spot your yarn?? :shifty:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2094/1625959510_4bb60755e1.jpg (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2094/1625959510_fab228d2d6_o.jpg)

i seem to have recieved a couple of 1 ply that should be 3 ply..

this would affect Cando's order(2 skeins of Poison would be a 1 ply instead of a 3 ply)

and Bajanknitt (2 skeins of Passion as a 1 ply in stead of 3 ply)
(BTW both of these colors are beeeyoootiful:inlove:)

If you are abject to this, PLEASE let me know. I am going to contact Leah and see if there is anyway we can get this resolved if we need to. If you want to go ahead and have me send the 1 ply, just subtract $.50 from your shipping total to make you sum total even :)

cando
10-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Oh wow, all that yarn :inlove: :inlove:

i seem to have recieved a couple of 1 ply that should be 3 ply..

this would affect Cando's order(2 skeins of Poison would be a 1 ply instead of a 3 ply)

and Bajanknitt (2 skeins of Passion as a 1 ply in stead of 3 ply)
(BTW both of these colors are beeeyoootiful:inlove:)

If you are abject to this, PLEASE let me know. I am going to contact Leah and see if there is anyway we can get this resolved if we need to. If you want to go ahead and have me send the 1 ply, just subtract $.50 from your shipping total to make you sum total even :)

Hmm... would it be possible to contact Leah and ask her if anything can be done? I'm not against the 1ply as such but I've used it before and haven't liked it as much. The 3 ply gives much better stitch definition. I really hope something can be done and they can remedy their mistake but if not, it's yarn :shrug:

jeanius80
10-18-2007, 11:43 PM
i am IMing her right now ;)

jeanius80
10-19-2007, 12:09 AM
ok. . . :whoosh:

apparently, in my rush to get our whole order in the database (after it had closed) i flubbed it and put those particular skeins in the wrong columns. I just added them when the colorway name was in front of me and failed to double check the ply column. :pout: I feel terrible! whatever you ladies want is fine with me!

I can replace them by ordering new ones (at my loss, since it was my mistake) Or refund you the price difference. Please let me know. If you do want them anyhow, remeNber to subtract 50 CENTS to 'refund' the difference between the 3 ply qnd 1 ply.

Again, i am so sorry!!!!!:verysad:

cando
10-19-2007, 02:55 AM
It's quite alright with me, Jeanie. You don't have to reorder it or anything of that sort. It's still yarn, and a beautiful one at that :)
I already paypal'd you yesterday so don't worry about the 50c difference. Thanks for all the work you're doing!

ChristinaKnits
10-19-2007, 02:59 AM
hey Jeanie, can you point out my 12 skeins in your pic? I can't find it :(

mare-nitt
10-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I just PayPal ed my payment to you.

thanks

jeanius80
10-19-2007, 12:25 PM
the pretty green/pink(praga) is yours knittingnewbie its very lovely!

ChristinaKnits
10-19-2007, 12:34 PM
awww, thanks!! I'm blind sometimes..lol...headed over tp pay you :)

REVS
10-19-2007, 12:45 PM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Ohhhh all that pretty yarn! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
And it doesn't even look like you rolled around in it yet Jeanius! :teehee:

Thanks for doing all the work of ordering, sorting, and packing and shipping for us! I really appreciate it, I'm so excited about this yarn!

I paypal'ed you my payment a couple of days ago.
THANK YOU!!!
:muah: :muah: :muah:

jeanius80
10-19-2007, 12:48 PM
i now have a little list of colors i want :)

padua
anuk
sea
warm ice
passionaria
forest of pines
festival (would be great for fall!)
tepid rose
firebrick
arantza
carolina
poison
passion
mysterious

jeanius80
10-19-2007, 12:52 PM
the purple one in the close up is your wildforyarn (padua)

REVS
10-19-2007, 02:23 PM
:waving: Hi Jeanius,

I can't seem to find the pasionaria in the picture - can you point it out? :?? I may also just be blind...

I think I found nuts and firebrick. Not sure about the winter joy either...

Sorry to make more work for you. I'm just so excited!
But I can wait till the yarn get here, too. Really.

jeanius80
10-19-2007, 03:27 PM
here you go! anyone else?:tap:

just teasing! :teehee:

PaperGirl
10-19-2007, 03:29 PM
I want to see my yarn! I gotta go find the list of what i ordered, then the pics of what it is.. :roflhard:

I need some nice yummy sqooshy yarn to make me less stressed.

I just sent you a payment!

luvmeowers
10-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Paid ya today. Thanks, Jeanius, for all your hard work! :muah:

REVS
10-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks jeanius for pointing out my yarn!!! :muah:

It's dangerous, you know. Now I just want to take your picture and ask you back - "and what's this one? - and that one over there? - oh, and the one right here?"

It's good that this coop is over, otherwise I'd just end up ordering myself out of everything I own. :teehee: 100PW makes beautiful color combos! :heart:

jeanius80
10-19-2007, 04:14 PM
just for you ;)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2107/1639458155_920d4f894f.jpg (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2107/1639458155_b378b87112_o.jpg)

jeanius80
10-19-2007, 04:27 PM
how many posts can i get in a row? :teehee:

lots of people seemed to enjoy this, and lots wanted to participate but couldn't. Here is the info and link to the coop I am in.

Yarn Addicts (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yarnaddicts/)
I really encourage anyone interested in ordering through a coop to join. it would be cheaper that me placing orders (no 'double' shipping) and then you to pick and choose from all the different coop buys. Plus lots of other members are part of other coops and usually tell our group when they are open, so we can join in too. I love this whole coop process. such a great way to afford nice yarn at great prices!

HollyP
10-19-2007, 04:51 PM
That picture looks like one of my versions of heaven. What beautiful yarn!

PaperGirl
10-19-2007, 04:52 PM
I am drooling now...I found my 3 colors in there.

Yummy!

ChristinaKnits
10-19-2007, 04:58 PM
:thumbsup:jeanius, you rock

jeanius80
10-19-2007, 05:39 PM
the only ones i didn't label were the lace... cause there wasn't enough space ;)

they weren't labeled! can you believe it? I had to log on (during a wind storm- see what i do for you people;) to 100purewool.com and search for each colorway to figure out the yarns. then, some were more mauvey or darker, or pinker.. or purpler.:lol: took a minute!

very few had these teeny tiny sticker lables, like less than 1/2 inch, with barely legible names scrawled on them. It was hard work, seriously! but fun!

REVS
10-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Jeanius, you rock! :muah: :heart: :cheering: :heart: :muah: :heart: :cheering: :heart:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

But you are such an enabler! I'll have to download that picture with annotations and use it the next time I need yarn enough to file for bankruptcy over... :drool:

Oh, and then thank you again for posting the link to your coop again. I'll send for an invite - albeit with trepidation as to the future state of my personal finances... :oops:

jeanius80
10-19-2007, 06:03 PM
me too Ruth.. every time they run a new one, or announce they are going to.. i think"ooooo..." and then i get a bill in the mail for stuff, you know, water, heat, garbage, mortgage :sigh: so i usually pass on the coops. But it's nice to be aware of them, so if i can, i do ;)

wildforyarn
10-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks so much!!!:muah: :hug: :muah:

I paid you this afternoon! You have done a lot of hard work and I know you are appreciated by all who are in on this! Can't wait to see that yarn in person because it looks stunning in the picture! :woot:

knitandpearl
10-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Many thanks Jeanie ..
I'm just new to all this but ordered and can see my (black&white) yarn in the pic. Now wish I'd selected other colours.. oh well next time.
Money has just been PayPal-ed so you will be receiving payment notification all the way from Australia very soon.
Thanks again. I can't wait to get the needles clicking.

jeanius80
10-21-2007, 11:24 PM
My husbands' cousin (practically sister) is going in for a very serious surgery tomorrow. As a result, we will be out of town for 2 days, and w/o internet. This also means I won't be able to ship anything until Wednesday.:pout:

If you have a delivery confirmation from me, then your yarn has been shipped. :heart:

I am so sorry for anyone that is put out by this, we were not expecting her to go in for surgery until later this week. Please keep her in your prayers for a good diagnosis and swift recovery, that that the doctors hands are steady and strong, and that her two young kids feel safe.:pray:

marykz
10-22-2007, 11:31 AM
hugs for you and your family- hope everything goes smoothly- take care....

wildforyarn
10-22-2007, 02:13 PM
I sure hope the surgery goes okay. I will be thinking of you. Please let us know.

ChristinaKnits
10-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Jean...no worries here...hugs and prayers for a safe surgery and quick recovery :)

mare-nitt
10-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Jean, just wanted to let you know my yarn came, it is wonderful. Thank you so much for all your work on sharing this co op.

SusanMarie1956
10-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Jean,

Not sure what you meran... Are you saying you just some yarn from 100purewool? Or are you saying you Malbrigo for a cheaper price then 100purewool ???

Susan

jeanius80
10-28-2007, 12:33 AM
hi susan. 100purewool (http://www.100purewool.com)
they sell 100% merino wool. a single ply worsted weight (218 yards), a 3 ply worsted weight(218 yards), and a single ply lace weight(950 yards)

they have great colors, it's as soft as malabrigo, but lower prices. it's handdyed, but shipping can be long, as it comes from uruguay. I highly reccomend joining one of many yahoo yarn coop groups. (http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=yarn+coop) It was fun having all that yarn to feel and see, but it was a lot of work! It will always be cheaper to be a member of one of the co-ops, as opposed to having a 3rd party collect and redistribute a coop buy. Hope this helps!

letah75
10-31-2007, 12:36 PM
I got my yarn two days ago. I immediately cast on Silver's Palandrome hat. Ohhhh, I'm in heaven!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart::heart::heart ::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Lady Violet
10-31-2007, 01:02 PM
i joined another coop on yahoo a few weeks ago. they were in the process of offering PW. jeanius, thank you SOOO MUCH for posting that picture of all the yarn when you got it. :hug: it really helped me out with picking my colors!

to whoever got the carolina colorway, what are you planning to knit with it? i absolutely love it and almost got some in the laceweight, but then realized that while i was picturing it with the colors almost in sections (in a finished project), it probably wouldn't come out that way. i would love to see pictures of what it looks like knitted up. :eyebrow:

luvmeowers
10-31-2007, 01:14 PM
:hug: Thanks, Jeanius! My yarn arrived safe and soft. I have to get some gift knitting done before I can start playing with all that yummy yarny goodness.

dakatzmeow
11-01-2007, 09:30 AM
mine got here a couple days ago. i just woke up after passing out from all the wooly goodness! rofl

knitandpearl
11-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Jeanie ... thanks from Australia, the yarn arrived safely today (and wrapped in plastic by our postal service as it's raining). For those of you reading this, my yarn was the black/white at the front of those pics.. and it is wonderful. Can't wait to get those needles clicking. Thank you for making it possible for us from afar to join in the shopping spree and big thanks for the extra work involved with the i/national shipping. ... Sharon

jeanius80
11-02-2007, 12:04 PM
you are all so welcome! It inspired me to order some too. I'll be making wool soakers.. and probable a scarf from the firebrick for me ;)

bajanKnit
11-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Thank you Jeanie for being so kind and holding on to my yarn for me It arrived today and it's soo soft I love it Thank you very much.

jeanius80
11-13-2007, 10:52 PM
:woohoo: I am so very glad it arrived! you last posts on your blog made me sad!:pout: and i love your snood/cowl

bajanKnit
11-14-2007, 08:41 AM
:muah: Thank you very much :muah: I was feeling quite bad that I couldn't knit but I didn't even think anyone read my blog :muah: