PDA

View Full Version : Chanson en crochet from IK online

marykz
08-24-2007, 03:01 PM
here's a version of the Chanson en Crochet from interweave knits online. I didn't have enough of one dyelot so I omitted the flower part of the pattern and repeated the shells/ picot instead. wool from bare sheep yarn co in their tea rose colorway. again, I need a good button. I love this and can't wait until it is cool enough here to use it. (tomorrow it will approach 100 degrees here again...)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1127/1224901574_0029d29d47_d.jpg

now back to knitting!

samm
08-24-2007, 05:15 PM
That's beautiful! I love the colours in your yarn. I must look up that pattern. Thanks for sharing! samm

Phretys
08-24-2007, 10:15 PM
Your version is very pretty, and probably warmer without the open spaces of the flower section to boot. :yay:

Debi

ChristinaKnits
08-26-2007, 12:04 AM
mary that is gorgeous!!!!

lestrella
08-26-2007, 08:07 AM
:yay::yay:That is absolutely beautiful!! What kind of yarn is that?

I see that you are in Maryland. Next time I go there, I would like to meet you. I have friends in Bethesda, Rockville and Silver Springs. I lived in DC for 3 years.

:hug:

marykz
08-26-2007, 08:57 AM
:yay::yay:That is absolutely beautiful!! What kind of yarn is that?

I see that you are in Maryland. Next time I go there, I would like to meet you. I have friends in Bethesda, Rockville and Silver Springs. I lived in DC for 3 years.

That would be fun!! I live about 20 min north of downtown silver spring. I had an apartment in NW DC when I was in grad school- in the foggy bottom area.

it is a worted weight hand dyed wool from bare sheep wool company which is also in Maryland!

lestrella
08-26-2007, 09:07 AM
That would be fun!! I live about 20 min north of downtown silver spring. I had an apartment in NW DC when I was in grad school- in the foggy bottom area.

it is a worted weight hand dyed wool from bare sheep wool company which is also in Maryland!

OMG, that's exactly where I lived. I went to GWU, class of '98.

marykz
08-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Really?? I finished grad school in 1996- I was in the genetics department (part of the medical school now, I think). I lived over on 20th and E, near the old red cross building! (I think they tore it down or remodeled the building- it doesn't look the same any more. ) What a small world!! We probably passed unawares... Very cool!

lestrella
08-26-2007, 05:27 PM
The last 2 years I lived on 21st and G, I think (Guthridge Hall). I worked at the hospital (Pediatrics Department) for a year. That was part of my work study. I also worked in the language center, Lisner Auditorium and admissions. I'm sure we probably crossed each other in one of those halls. I major in Sociocultural Anthropology. After all these years, I went back last october for like 10 minutes. Everything seemed so different and crowded. WOW! What a small world!

ritaw
08-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Beautiful.

Great work !

Rita:woot:

sara_jayne
08-27-2007, 07:34 AM
So pretty! Those colors are just stunning!

mathwizard
08-29-2007, 08:43 AM
I was just looking at the Chanson en Crochet and yours is different. I like your version better. I love collars and this looks like a gorgeous one. Their pattern is more like a capelet. Am I looking at the same pattern you used?

marykz
08-29-2007, 08:51 AM
yes- I omitted the flower part at the bottom. instead I repeated the scallop rows, then did the picot edge. I didn't like the flower part and I didn't have so much yarn in one dyelot. it is a little shorter on me than the one is on the model, but I like it.

So specifically, I followed the pattern through row 12. then, I went back and repeated rows 1-6 (allowing for the increase in stitches) then I skipped back to row 21-22 and then followed the finishing rows.

my wool also seems a little stiffer and I could have used a larger hook- while I had gauge in my swatch I think I tightened up while working.

I'm going to make another one for a friend, using these modifications again.

EssenceRose
08-31-2007, 08:14 PM
oh my gosh that is gorgeous!!! :cheering: