PDA

View Full Version : You've created another mmmmmonster

Silver
08-26-2007, 04:26 PM
I got my Malabrigo.

You were right. It's completely, and utterly DIVINE.

I bought two hanks of lace weight and I can not stop touching it and rubbing it on my neck. Is this really WOOL? GAH it's so soft!!! :noway:

I don't know what to make though. But I don't really care.

Colors are Mariposa on the left, Peach Tree on the right. I LOOOOVE that mariposa colorway.:heart:
http://www.cometosilver.com/knit/misc/image/425/DSC00793.JPG

So anyway, thank you for making me buy some. Oh, and my husband hates you all. :shrug:

KnittingNat
08-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Did you try rubbing it against your husband's neck :eyebrow:?

Mulderknitter
08-26-2007, 04:48 PM
I did, it doesn't work:roflhard:

brendajos
08-26-2007, 05:21 PM
*sigh* i guess that means i am not going to get the offending malabrigo sent to my house huh? *kicks dirt*

;)

chiricahuagal
08-26-2007, 05:26 PM

or...????

:roflhard:

sorry couldn't help myself

BinkyKat
08-26-2007, 05:27 PM
I did, it doesn't work:roflhard:

My suggestion on this would be to knit something like a seksay top...theeeennnnnn rub it on dh, I think that application brings the best understanding:eyebrow:

:roflhard:

Carla1019
08-26-2007, 06:00 PM
:chair::roflhard:

PalmettoGirl
08-26-2007, 06:04 PM
LOL. You guys are too funny. :) My DH (and everyone who doesn't knit) just can't understand the yumminess of Malabrigo.

BinkyKat
08-26-2007, 06:11 PM
LOL. You guys are too funny. :) My DH (and everyone who doesn't knit) just can't understand the yumminess of Malabrigo.

And when a Malabrigo-type War of the Worlds happens...those with the appreciation and a set of needles in hand will be the safe ones! :roflhard:

Doodknitwit
08-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Silver so glad you are now one of the :psst: knowing crowd.......
mmmmmmmmmmmmm softtt :happydance:

Mulderknitter
08-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Ah, what a wonderful chuckle you all just gave me... seksay top rubbed somewhere on hubby....

dakatzmeow
08-27-2007, 06:38 AM
make him a willie warmer!

Silver
08-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Um, Ok. I can see your love affair with Malabrigo has made you all dirty girls, but I must say, I LOVE how you think. :roflhard: But I also must confess, I don't really care if hubby doesn't like my Malabrigo. He's just a stupid boy anyway. :teehee:

make him a willie warmer!
Ew no!! Waste my Malabrigo on him? Are you crazy? :noway: LOL!

PaperGirl
08-27-2007, 10:13 AM
My Dh dared to request that I make a scarf for him out of MY mmmmm....I have 2 in the sapphire magenta colorway..

I said NO NO NO. THis is MINE MINE MINE.

He saw it in my stash box last night, and asked if I was ever going to use it...

Stupid boy....like Silver said. :roflhard:

So I ordered him some wool from the 100percentwool thread that Jeanius started. He no get my malabrigo. :fingerwag:

ChristinaKnits
08-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Ew no!! Waste my Malabrigo on him? Are you crazy? :noway: LOL!
omg this thread is killing me....you all are my kind of girls...lol...I wanna make something with my 2 hanks of mmm, but nothing seems good enough:shrug:

bip
08-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Oh, and my husband hates you all. :shrug:

That's ok! My husband hates you all too, so mathematically, I am pretty sure the hate cancels out (and then take the square root and carry the 2 and all that jazz).

Carla1019
08-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Knitty Newbie.. I have 8 hanks of MMM and I still don't know what to do with them... I want to make some think special with them but What:wall::think::??

Maybe I just need to get naked with them and see what happen.:chair::roflhard::teehee:

ChristinaKnits
08-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Knitty Newbie.. I have 8 hanks of MMM and I still don't know what to do with them... I want to make some think special with them but What:wall::think::??

Maybe I just need to get naked with them and see what happen.:chair::roflhard::teehee:
hehe...ok, let me know if it's worth it, and I'll order more, since 2 hanks would not be enough for me..lol

Mulderknitter
08-27-2007, 12:23 PM
No matter that no one knows what to do with their MMMMM. I just keep collecting them like a small, expensive, wool factory of my own. I've only made one thing so far from Malabrigo, and yep, IT'S MINE! No one gets anything made from malabrigo unless they pay for me to go on a trip to their factory. :knitting:

KnittingNat
08-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Is it a silly move to buy my first MMMalabrigo for a present to my sister:??? Now i'll have to get some for me... DH always chuckles when i tell him what makes us girls go :eyebrow: He already told me to order mmmmm just to see what everyone are going about :cheering:

misha rf
08-27-2007, 12:56 PM
That's ok! My husband hates you all too, so mathematically, I am pretty sure the hate cancels out (and then take the square root and carry the 2 and all that jazz).

Maybe our husbands need some kind of a "support" group... :rofl:

Carla1019
08-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Maybe our husbands need some kind of a "support" group... :rofl:

OHHH I can just see it now.. They (DH) will have to wrap the yarn around there neck to feel how soft.. and then smell it.. play with it.. then roll around naked with it...That should do it.:chair::chair:

KnittingNat
08-27-2007, 01:08 PM
OHHH I can just see it now.. They (DH) will have to wrap the yarn around there neck to feel how soft.. and then smell it.. play with it.. then roll around naked with it...That should do it.:chair::chair:
The problem is that then they'll want all of our stash to roll around with... And that would start some serious problems :teehee: Besides, who needs extra fiber on a husband, they usually already have some :roflhard:

Carla1019
08-27-2007, 01:16 PM
extra fiber!!!! You have a hairy one also? :chair::chair::chair: You do make a good point.

KnittingNat
08-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Well, not that hairy. But where he's supposed to be hairy, i guess... I always threat him and the dog together :"I'll brush you both and spin it!":roflhard: I wish my dog had really long hair, then i really could spin it! But she's Husky-Shepherd mix, so she's got short fluff and long outer coat... Now i'm getting off topic:doh:. We were discussing husbands and extra fiber, weren't we:eyes:?

PaperGirl
08-27-2007, 02:00 PM

Ew.

I dont want icky men rolling around in my purdy soft yummy ALL FOR ME goodness that is Mmmmmm. :roflhard:

Silver
08-27-2007, 03:46 PM
OMG, you all are soooo funny! :teehee:

And I wasn't lying when I said you created a monster. I ordered 4 more hanks of Malabrigo Lace this morning. 1 more in the Mariposa colorway, and 3 in black. :woohoo:

*snort* You're funny bip. :roflhard:

Mulderknitter
08-27-2007, 06:04 PM
hey silver!
:waving: How do you like the laceweight? I have been dying to try it, but my lys doesn't carry it and I don't like to order a yarn I haven't felt, even if it is mmmmmmmmmmm.

BinkyKat
08-27-2007, 07:03 PM
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
This mmm thread is a hoot'nahalf!
I have 4 cakes of it that I got last fall and planned to make a scarf/hat/glove set. Then I thought of a winter headband because I had cut my hair last summer, then went :shock: because I HATE pulling a hat over short hair, I have to put so much crap in it and don't want to flatten it out. Anyhooo, now that it's grown back out...hat's back on!
I have the Velvet Grapes blend. Mine is more of a deep rich purple with black...very luxurious!
I see from their site they have angora :inlove:

rebecca
08-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Silver, why did I think you posted 1 time that you didn't see anything great about malabrigo?! I could have sworn it was you....who was it?! I know a few knitters don't find it to be all that appealing, but I don't remember who you are, except I thought Silver to be one...so sorry :aww:

Girls, I must admit, there is nothing quite so nice as having a :muah:husband:muah: that doesn't mind how much yarn I have, as a matter of fact, it makes him very happy because it makes me happy! Nor does he mind about any knitterly things that I have. He enjoys surprising me with any and all things knitty, too, and I've found out that this is kind of rare....then again, so is my :heart:Sweetie:heart:

Silver
08-28-2007, 06:20 PM
hey silver!
:waving: How do you like the laceweight? I have been dying to try it, but my lys doesn't carry it and I don't like to order a yarn I haven't felt, even if it is mmmmmmmmmmm.
Well I prefer lace weight over worsted by default. I haven't had the pleasure of fondling malabrigo worsted, but if it's as soft as the lace, it's a piece of heaven for sure. The lace weight is lovely, lovely, lovely. I'm totally sold and will probably look for lace malabrigo first for all my lace knitting needs. I just ordered 3 skeins of black to knit a lace stole.. THAT'S gonna be heavenly!

Silver, why did I think you posted 1 time that you didn't see anything great about malabrigo?! I could have sworn it was you....who was it?! I know a few knitters don't find it to be all that appealing, but I don't remember who you are, except I thought Silver to be one...so sorry :aww:
I once said that I wasn't excited about Malabrigo, but I was clearly delusional from jealousy as I had never even seen, let alone touched this lovely yarn. But one touch is all it took. I think it should be called Medusa instead of Malabrigo. Once you hold it, you're done for.

Mulderknitter
08-28-2007, 06:45 PM
I finally convinced my LYS lady to order laceweight malabrigo and it was there today when I was in there and I felt it and it's soooooooo lovely but I didn't buy any because I was only there to donate some crafty stuff I made for a charity sale and I only bought a pattern but I have to go back and get the LACEWEIGHT MALABRIGO!:passedout:(out of breath)

SkyBluePink
08-28-2007, 06:54 PM
I think I'm going to order some laceweight as well. If you've read any of my posts, you will know that I am coo-coo for the 'Brigo. Can't imagine what I'll make with the laceweight though.

Ideas?