PDA

View Full Version : Forum Suggestion

kellyh57
08-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Since so many users are now on Ravelry, I had an idea. Is there some way to add user's Ravelry ID to their profiles? Maybe even a little icon like the Yahoo one to get to their page there? I've been reading the posts and I know I'll forget who's on there and what their names are by the time I get on so I thought it would be a neat little thing to do here.

If it's too difficult, I understand. Just an idea!

Kelly

Jan in CA
08-27-2007, 12:28 PM
In the "what is the attraction of ravelry" thread I've just posted how to get the button. ;)

Stiney
08-27-2007, 12:42 PM
I think Kelly meant like how under my username and avatar, there will be a little link to IM me on AOL's Instant Messenger. But instead of linking to someone's chat screenname, this would link to their Ravelry profile page.

Jan in CA
08-27-2007, 01:23 PM
I think Kelly meant like how under my username and avatar, there will be a little link to IM me on AOL's Instant Messenger. But instead of linking to someone's chat screenname, this would link to their Ravelry profile page.

Oh I see. Then no, I don't think there is a way to do that easily. :shrug:

JGM
08-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Yoohoo...Sheldon... :poke: :mrgreen:

kellyh57
08-27-2007, 06:32 PM
What Jan has is nice, but I was just thinking about how to get it even more simplified. Maybe when we all get there :)....

Kelly

Friskums
08-27-2007, 06:39 PM
The IM things are just part of the forum. I don't think there's a way to change them or add to them or anything.

You don't really have to worry about 'remembering' everyone from here, though, because there's a KH group on Ravelry.