PDA

View Full Version : A very knitterly birthday! Woohoo!

chrislt8
08-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Well, Thursday was my 50th b'day (and my sisters were all very happy to comment that I have picked up "an old lady hobby" at just the right time!:roll:). I can't complain, though, as I was spoiled rotten by my family and received several things from my knitting wish list: a Royal Jumbo ball winder, a subscription to Vogue Knitting, a gift cert to my local yarn shop, and a beautiful set of Vera Bradley knitting bags (large size with oodles of pockets, medium size for the "project on the go" and small size for the "gadgets"). Oh, what a wonderful birthday it has been! The gifts were all wonderful - but we had a really nice dinner out together as well, which was even better! Had to share:happydance:

redheadrachel
08-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Hey! That's so awesome - it's great when friends are so caring and thoughtful! While I definitely don't think it's an old lady hobby, whatever it takes to get more yarn... :happydance:

Congratulations, and enjoy your new loot! :)

Mariblue
08-28-2007, 12:47 AM
:balloons:Well, happy 50th, and it sounds like you got some lovely presents. Old lady hobby or not (not!), they spoiled you rotten! :balloons:

GinnyG
08-28-2007, 08:03 AM
VERA BRADLY KNITTING BAG??? OOHHHH MUST HAVE, off to find:woohoo:

OH HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

merryknitter
08-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Hey Chris!
What a wonderful Birthday Loot! This must be the year for turning "50"! My DH had his in May...and I turn 50 on Dec. 24th! Yikes! My family has said the same thing...I had to learn how to knit...I have a 22 month old grand daughter...LOL! I can't wait to teach her to knit...I've already held her on my lap and knitted and put her hands on my hands while I knit...that lasts about 10 seconds...LOL!

Happy 50th and enjoy all your Birthday goodies!
Merry:)

marykz
08-28-2007, 10:08 AM
happy birthday! and what nice gifts- may you have many more happy and healthy birthdays.

cecile77
08-28-2007, 01:58 PM
:cheering:Happy Birthday!!!:woot:

chrislt8
08-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the B'Day wishes all , you make me feel very special cloud9 I was just so excited when I actually started transferring all my "stuff" into the new knitting bag I had to share and knew you guys would understand (so much nicer than the eye rolling I get around here!:roflhard:)

Merry :psst: 1957 was a very good year, wasn't it :lol:!