PDA

View Full Version : Photos

orcoastknitter
08-28-2007, 01:34 AM
Where and how do you save your digital photos? I currently have some saved on CDs as well on my hard drive, but was wondering if there are better methods to use? Any suggestion would be great.

Thanks!

hunterjenn
08-28-2007, 09:05 AM
I use my hard drive, too, but I also put everything on Flickr. That way, if I lost what's on my computer, I'd still have them out there on the intarwebs. :teehee: (I do also have a backup CD that I keep in a fireproof safe.)

Kaydee
08-28-2007, 11:51 AM
I have them all on my hard drive but use Shutterfly too. There's lots of photo sites that you can use for free: shutterfly, flickr, snapfish, photobucket, etc. That way like hunterjenn said, you won't totally lose them if your computer crashes or something.

frostywolf
08-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Having suffered through the 'blue screen of death' on my last laptop after putting off a back-up and losing all my vacation photos/videos, I tend to go overboard.

Hard drive, external hard drive, DVD-ROM and finally, Flickr. Because, you know, what if I have both hard drives plugged in, and there's a sudden lighting strike, and the house burns down...

...of course, I'd probably be dead, so why I'd still need them backed up on Flickr is beyond me. :shrug: :rofl: