PDA

View Full Version : This is gonna take a LONG time...

bip
08-28-2007, 09:41 AM
I don't know if I am knitting slower than usual, but the sweater I am working on for DH is taking FOREVER. It is Avast from Knitty (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/PATTavast.html). I actually did the sleeves first (I was on a plane, didn't want to p/u sts on a plane). When I did the cable band, I replaced it with a double helix/DNA pattern. Then I picked up/increased to the number of sts the body will be - 217.

It takes me 15 minutes to complete a row :( There are about 7 rows per inch. That is 105 minutes per inch. I have 10 inches to go, which is 17.5 HOURS!!! And then I have to shape the armholes, assemble, AND sew on a zipper.

Oh well, at least I am not having to frog the body the way I kept having to frog the cable band and sleeves (somebody wasn't reading the pattern correctly, and when she was, she kept spacing out!)

And at least I am using cashmere, which is soft and doesn't fight me. It splits a little, but I'll forgive it that.

BUT FIFTEEN HOURS of just stockinette!!! I am wishing I had a knitting machine... (if that would even work in this situation...)

debinoz
08-28-2007, 10:23 AM
You'll get it!! It could be worse.... it could be an afghan!!

ChroniclesofYarnia
08-28-2007, 04:09 PM
I've got this one planned for November 29th (Our anniversary and his birthday.) The reason I haven't done it yet is all the stockinette. I'm going to Netflix my favorite tv series and sit down for a marathon one weekend and do it. Makes it fun that way.

At least Avast doesn't have loads of finishing! You'll get there!