PDA

View Full Version : something for my teacher!!

knit.newbie
08-28-2007, 01:26 PM
I had a great great prof for two of my courses last year..she was GREAT! a great teacher..a great person..so nice and friendly..and i just LOVED her..

so now that I'm knitting..and I don't think I'll be having any other courses with her..I'm thinking about knitting her something pretty..maybe a shawl or something..not sure what I want to knit her but it just have to be easy! I'm a begginer..and even though I'm willing to take a bit of challenge..I can't take much cause I'll be busy between school and my volunteer work so I want something that I can knit up fairly quick..
any suggestions???

she's in her 40s..have a couple of kids..wouldn't say she's 'big'.. dresses like most women her age do! and I have no clue what would be the colors she likes..

I kno I didn't offer much help there! but that's all i have!:shrug:

thanks a lot!:yay:

EDIT: forgot to say that I would also like something that wouldn't require a ton of fancy yarn..cause after all I'm a student with no job! :)

Jints
08-28-2007, 05:50 PM
It's not a shawl obviously but couldn't not suggest this dishcloth. You could do several in different colours.
http://www.knittingknonsense.com/applecloth.html

knit.newbie
08-28-2007, 06:22 PM
It's not a shawl obviously but couldn't not suggest this dishcloth. You could do several in different colours.
http://www.knittingknonsense.com/applecloth.html

true!! don't know why i didn't think of dishcloths!
thank u :)

ChrisM318
08-28-2007, 06:24 PM
I am big on washclothes. The cotton yarn is inexpensive and there are tons of patterns out there. How about a basket with a couple washclothes in pretty colors and maybe a decorative hand soap, or bath & body works stuff smells good. I think it would be personal and if she has kids it would be something she may not always buy herself. Being someone that age :) my kids always get everything first, so I don't always buy things to pamper myself much.

knit.newbie
08-28-2007, 06:25 PM
I am big on washclothes. The cotton yarn is inexpensive and there are tons of patterns out there. How about a basket with a couple washclothes in pretty colors and maybe a decorative hand soap, or bath & body works stuff smells good. I think it would be personal and if she has kids it would be something she may not always buy herself. Being someone that age :) my kids always get everything first, so I don't always buy things to pamper myself much.

I know I'd love to get that too!:) and I'm not even a mom and I have plenty of time for me!!:happydance:

thank u! good idea!

ChrisM318
08-28-2007, 06:27 PM
You are very welcome...anytime.