PDA

View Full Version : Mystery yarn from Belgium

cristina61
08-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi,
Well, this may be a long shot, but I just got hold of a couple of skeins of a yarn I've never heard of before. They're both a brand called Unger; one is called Cruise and one is called Crocus.

I googled and found a little bit about Cruise. It's 60% acrylic and 40% nylon and "multilobal" according to the ball band. It's made in Belgium, and the gauge is 13 sts and 16 rows = 2 in. on size 4 needles. My question is has anybody worked with it and what is it best for? I'm thinking baby items.

The other skein is Unger Crocus, 100% acrylic. I couldn't find anything at all on the internet about it, and the ball band says nothing about gauge. It's extremely soft, so again I'm thinking baby items. The skein I have is a very pretty apricot color with some darker spots throughout.

I don't have very much of either yarn, but I was just curious if anyone had any knowledge/experience with them, especially the Crocus.:shrug:

Thanks!

Nichan
08-29-2007, 09:01 PM
if there's no gauge...i usually knit it for some rows and stitches to get the gauge...sometimes, gauge is just info for me...i always knit it my self to decide my own gauge...

i'm rarely care about whether it's wool, acrylic or not if i go to the yarn shop myself...i just feel the yarn...then decide what i'm going to do about it...but since i shop from internet more frequently right now, i must know what type it is...well, you have the yarn...i think you can feel it what it's best for...i think for baby, it needs soft yarn...

AnnaT
08-30-2007, 05:57 AM
Hi,

I got curious about this yarn after reading your post. I couldn't find anything, either. The only 100% acrylic Unger yarn I found was Utopia, which knits up at 4.5-5 sts on #8 needles.

Maybe it's discontinued or they changed the name? :shrug: