PDA

View Full Version : Do you knit (or do other hobby) something useful?

Nichan
08-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Hi...:woot:
i just want to know...i just got a knitting book ...the pattern is not for sweater, not glove, or something that i can use...but i'm definitely going to enjoy the result if i make one...it's a cake knitting...fruit, etc...yeah...i can't use it...but my eyes will enjoy it...and i really want to try it...planning is today...
i also bought another books...it's cake felting (with needle)...they are cute, too...can't wear it nor use it anyway...but i'm willing to try...

So, i feel weird right now...a little bit guilty of knitting something that is not 'useful'...:oo:

So, i would like to hear your experience, too...and what stuff do you knit most?...

Ingrid
08-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Good Lord! Knit whatever you want to knit!! Who said it has to be useful? Why can't it be fun or decorative or whatever?

Braden
08-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Amen! It isn't written in stone that knitting has to be useful, knit what YOU want to knit!

KnittingNora
08-29-2007, 10:04 PM
I just knit anything I fancy, usually seeing some lovely wool gets me started.

AnnaT
08-30-2007, 06:05 AM
I think that's the best attitude--knit whatever you want!! :cheering::cheering::cheering:

(I do like to find something that's both fun and useful, though)

DQ
08-30-2007, 08:27 AM
If it makes you happy then it IS useful :mrgreen:

debinoz
08-30-2007, 12:53 PM
*looks around at all the ceramics, paper crafts and polymer clay objects* Yep, everything I make is useful.... for collecting dust!! lol

bip
08-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Oh gosh, don't feel too bad. My other hobby is riding horses. That only produces manure! (which I suppose is great for gardners, but still not real useful!)

webbfamily
08-30-2007, 01:46 PM
I agree with the others-- if you enjoy knitting then it is useful- especially for your mental health! Also, if you are feeling guilty about your new hobby (I completely understand your guilt... I am always worried about the $ I am spending and always feeling guilty for just sitting there.... knitting and lovin' it but then I figure it helps me clear my mind) then you could start knitting for charity-- like baby caps/hat, blankets and chemo hats.. that is a way to give back and enjoy knitting!

sugarfunpouch
08-30-2007, 01:49 PM
LOL Ingrid! I'm with you though! :) :thumbsup: :blooby:

ekgheiy
08-30-2007, 02:02 PM
If it makes you happy then it IS useful :mrgreen:
Well said. :thumbsup:

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
08-30-2007, 02:42 PM
everything knitted is useful... it keeps your blood pressure down and your mind sharp...

Rorshach
08-30-2007, 04:14 PM
And if you need any more proof, do a search for "Knit Ferrari" and you'll see that yes in fact somebody did knit a Ferrari, to scale no doubt.

LauraD
08-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Knitting keeps me kind of sane.