PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Club

LauraD
08-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Yarn of the month clubs...

Okay I have just become aware of their existence and would love nothing more than to be a part of one...BUT the pessimist in me is in high gear until someone else says they have had a positive experience...

Anybody? Beuller?

Ingrid
08-29-2007, 09:39 PM
I joined the Yarn of the Month club--the one that sends you 4 samples of different yarns, enough for a swatch of each.

I thought it would help me not order so much yarn.:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::rofl hard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::rofl hard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::rofl hard:

*wipes eyes*

For a long time I had a large stash of little baggies with yarn in them. A few months ago I started knitting the swatches. I found yarn that I love and yarn that I know I won't buy, and, unfortunately, since I waited so long, yarn that I loved but that was discontinued.

So in the end, it has been helpful for me to try them out. Fun to play with them, too. Maybe I'll sew them together for a stuffed animal blanket or something.

knitncook
08-30-2007, 07:50 PM
My concern with these clubs is either I will end up with lots of single balls of yarn that I don't have enough to do anything with or I will end up with single balls of yarn that I love but can't afford to buy enough to make what I really want to with the yarn or I will end up with single balls of yarn that I don't like and they will just sit there staring at me.

astonh
08-31-2007, 10:36 AM
I thought it would help me not order so much yarn.:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::rofl hard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::rofl hard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::rofl hard:

*wipes eyes*

Sorry, but THAT got me laughing SO HARD I had to wipe MY eyes as well. Too funny!