PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!!!!!!!

Lady Violet
08-30-2007, 04:16 PM
i am now officially employed!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:
one year ago today was my last day of employment. i'm not going to bore all of you with the details (and there are aplenty), but i just had to share my excitement. i will be a 2nd grade teacher assistant at a year-round school. i personally happen to love the year-round system. both my parents are now teaching year-round. i will actually be on the same track as my dad. my mom teaches art, so she's basically always there except for a few days sprinkled here and there. for those of you who don't know, my brother is in the air force and his first post will be to okinawa. this is why being on the same track as my dad is so great. we can all go visit him while the two of us are tracked out (on break), and mom is the only one who will actually have to take off. :happydance:
i'm waiting for a call back about scheduling my orientation. i'm guessing i'll be told my official first day then.

i'm already thinking about how much nice yarn i can afford to buy with my first paycheck. oh, who am i kidding. i've been thinking about that for weeks! :teehee:

Mariblue
08-30-2007, 04:20 PM
:woohoo:Congratulations!

DQ
08-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Congratulations!! :cheering:

Sharly
08-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Congrats!! I hope you enjoy your new job!!:yay:

dustinac
08-30-2007, 04:57 PM
:happydance: Congrats!!! :woot:

marykz
08-30-2007, 05:16 PM
that is awsome!!! goodness knows we need all the good teachers and assistants we can get. I hope you have great kids at school and a good teacher to work with!

Dangles
08-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Yay, congrats on your new job. Now go and treat yourself to something nice with your first cheque.

Lady Violet
08-30-2007, 07:15 PM
i intend to! :wink:
reality still hasn't set in. i guess i've just gotten used to being unemployed. :roll:

angel4ever
08-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Congratulations on your new position!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

debinoz
08-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Congratulations and good luck!! You're braver than I ..... thinking of a room full of 2nd graders makes me wanna go hide!!!