PDA

View Full Version : Real Yarn Store

Songbirdy
08-30-2007, 08:37 PM
:woot: We moved to the city recently, after being out in the country.

This past week I finally discovered the two yarn stores in town. The real yarn stores, with the come and knit awhile chairs, and the really awesome wools... I touched MMMmalabrigo foe first time... I see why you all like it.

And then I was convinced to buy a Oneskein book, by Leigh Radford.

What fun! I cast on (provisional) the Baby bolero at about 3 p.m. and I'm almost finished it. Should have it done tonight.

What a treat! :woot:

I love the city!

Anyhow... just bubbly and had to share!

SusanMarie1956
08-30-2007, 09:45 PM
SongBirdy!

Where did you get the ONE SKEIN book?

Songbirdy
08-31-2007, 09:21 AM
at the yarn store. Its fun! I like this kind of project.

I'm a bit ashamed but I've been a little snotty thinking I couldn't really make too many worthwhile projects out of one skein. And I have found that she seems to pick very LARGE yardage skeins, as my Baby bolero has taken 2 skeins. But it is adorable and there is just something cloud9 about doing a project in one night.

Here is the link from Chapters for the book.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/One-Skein-Quick-Projects-Knit-Leigh-Radford/9781931499743-item.html?ref=Books%3a+Search+Top+Sellers

zkimom
08-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Songbirdy,

I've made a couple of things from that book -- not the baby bolero yet but I think it's cute. I have made the little lace baby hat and the clutch (2 of them, actually.) Both came out really well. I like the book very much.

Best,
Susan

Flia
08-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi,
I'm Tina from Sweden (Europe).
I'm simply a crafter. I love any tecnique that puts yarn, thread and/or beads together into a shape.
I'm still fairly new to knitting, so I'm so happy to have found this site to go to when I have questions.
Thanks
Tina

sinistral_needler
08-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Welcome Tina. Don't be afraid to jump right in!