PDA

View Full Version : Handspun yarn should become...

redheadrachel
08-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey everyone! Many of you know that when I came back to school, the amazing women at my LYS got me this huge basket full of amazing yarn and awesome knitting goodies. Most of the yarn I just got one or two skeins of, and it's all so special that I'm searching for perfect projects that don't take too much yarn... Anyhow, this lady gave me two hanks of her amazing handspun yarn, it's hand-dyed with orange/red/purplish and white and spun in EXTREME thick and thin style. I love it so, so, so much, but I have no idea what to make it! I don't want it to become a scarf, because I already have three scarves and don't want this to just end up sitting with the others. And it has to be something for me... So I was thinking maybe some type of wrap or small shawl deal, but I'm really open to any possibilities. I've never worked with this type of yarn before, so I have no idea what it wants to be when it grows up. Thanks everyone! :inlove:

IamtheWalter
09-01-2007, 08:09 AM
I probably can't help since I have the same problem of never knowing what to do with thick and thin, but how many yards do you have?