PDA

View Full Version : Funny knitting dream

knitncook
09-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Last night I had a dream that I was helping my son work on his science fair project. His theme was "Why sheep don't felt in the rain" and I was knitting him all these swatches so he could prove his point. Then I knit this monster bag which was supposed to be 100% feltable wool, but we kept washing it and washing it and it wouldn't felt at all. Finally my son said that I needed to stop washing it in the rain because rain won't felt sheep.

Somehow I just don't think that my 9yo is all that interested in why sheep don't felt, but it was a pretty funny dream.

Ingrid
09-02-2007, 09:44 AM
:teehee::teehee:

momwolf
09-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Why sheep don't felt in the rain :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

knitgal
09-02-2007, 10:52 AM
You know you've been knitting too much when...

Kaydee
09-02-2007, 11:56 AM
That would be a fun project.:teehee:

Braden
09-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Interesting! That's actually a good question.

bip
09-02-2007, 05:22 PM
I LOVE your dream! How cool! Did you wake up chuckling? It sounds like you might be a bit stressed out about "back to school" though, lol.

Mystery_Gyrl
09-03-2007, 02:52 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:. And the symbolism behind this dream would be ...?

iza
09-03-2007, 03:05 PM
:roflhard: What a funny dream!

suzeeq
09-03-2007, 03:17 PM
In order for sheep to felt in the rain, wouldn't they have to roll around and agitate their fleece?

<she asked, innocently> :eyes:

MerigoldinWA
09-03-2007, 03:44 PM
:chair: Isn't the dream world interesting?

chrislt8
09-03-2007, 04:45 PM
In order for sheep to felt in the rain, wouldn't they have to roll around and agitate their fleece?

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: Funny dream! Funny image! :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Krystal
09-03-2007, 09:51 PM
too funny! :rofl:

When I first started knitting, I was also reading Jurassic Park.

I had a dream one night that I was going to knit the Dino DNA and everyone told me it wouldn't work.

Sure enough as I knit the DNA code was created. Then changed to an actual Dinosaur. By the end I had a giant Trex on the needles and I was trying desperately to finish knitting his tail, but he kept trying to eat me. I woke up when he bit my finger.

haha. :teehee:

McKnitty
09-04-2007, 12:56 PM

I was thinking the same thing! Perhaps if they had an old pair of jeans to roll around on.......but for some reason I don't think the little sheepies would cooperate with that experiment.

knitncook
09-04-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm glad everyone else found it humorous. Not stressed about "back to school" as we homeschool so we are always "in school." And we've never done a science fair and not sure if we every would, which makes it even funnier (to me.)

Of course this dream lead to a great conversation about matted wool as we had just seen a dog on the streets who had very matted fur. I'm wondering now if some of the sheep's wool would get matted/felted but it is just cut out or processed out someway