PDA

View Full Version : teeth whitening

stitchwitch
09-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Need some good OTC teeth whitening product suggestions. I've been using Crest Whitestrips but I'm not feeling the love for them. They whitened a little but not anything anybody would notice. I know I can go through my dentist and have him help me but I'd rather not spend the outrageaous amount of money the guy would charge me if I can get a good product over the counter. Thanks.

Doodknitwit
09-02-2007, 09:04 PM
otc aren't strong enough with peroxide..
i got go smile on ebay for $50. worked better than otc.. but not white enough,,, finally bit the bullet and got the custom fit trays etc from dentist 22% is strongest and the newest thing on market........ worth the bucks.. i can get refills for the trays

Knitting_Guy
09-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Liquid Paper works. :thumbsup:

Miss Moosey
09-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Stick with the Crest Whitestrips for a while. I used them (my teeth were quite yellow due to five years of braces) and they worked incredibly well.

Rebecca

Silver
09-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Rembrandt 2 Hour White is my miracle product. The trays mold to your teeth and in 2 hours, your teeth are NOTICEABLY whiter. However, the gel is pretty harsh and can cause painful gum irritation if you do use it for the full 2 hours. I do mine in two 1 hour doses over 3 days.

Doodknitwit
09-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Rembrandt 2 Hour White is my miracle product. The trays mold to your teeth and in 2 hours, your teeth are NOTICEABLY whiter. However, the gel is pretty harsh and can cause painful gum irritation if you do use it for the full 2 hours. I do mine in two 1 hour doses over 3 days.

how'd you get the trays to correct form for your teeth.. it did not work for me the gel d
idn't stay in place..:wall:

Silver
09-02-2007, 10:36 PM
You have to soak the trays in hot water to soften them up, put them in your mouth, bite down and wait for them to cool and firm up. I do it a couple times before they fit just right.

Doodknitwit
09-02-2007, 10:58 PM
:eyes: i tried them and followed directions

kbagel
09-03-2007, 09:12 PM
I was wondering about the Rembrandt stuff. The only thing I didn't like was that the trays only cover the front teeth but I found out if you had braces and have the clear retainers that look kind of like bite guards, you can use those to whiten your teeth too. I'm definately going to have to try the Rembrandt stuff.

Kaydee
09-04-2007, 10:04 AM
I've used Crest whitestrips and gotten good results. They also have a whitestrips pro (http://www.dentist.net/crestwhitestrips.asp) that is stronger that I've used. I've also used Crest Night Effects (http://www.crestnighteffects.com/gg/index.jsp)which I really liked because you paint it on your teeth at night and sleep while they whiten.

As you can see I'm a bit of a teeth whitening junkie, its pretty dangerous. People comment on how white my teeth are but I always want them whiter. Have you ever seen that episode of Friends when Ross whitens his teeth and they glow in the black light? That's what I aim for.:teehee: But seriously I've had to stop for the past year because its not good if you do it too much.

cheesiesmom
09-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Well, if you want to go cheap:

Equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to make a paste. Paint that on your teeth and leave it on while you shower. (30 min?) Rinse and brush.

2x per day for 2 weeks then as needed to freshen.

Can't beat the price and it works as well as the OTC.

One of my DD ex-BF used the strips about once a month and had incredibly white teeth (needed sunglasses when he smiled), but I personally wouldn't recommend doing it that often.

Lady Violet
09-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Liquid Paper works. :thumbsup:

i think that stuff is right up there with windex. without them, the world would just stop.

:roflhard:

bellium
09-06-2007, 04:30 PM
every tooth whitening product i have tried (besides the standard toothpaste) has made my teeth scream in pain. i think i am stuck with off-white teeth.