PDA

View Full Version : When the pattern says Leave rem sts unworked. 12 hdc. 2nd row: YOW

leanned
09-03-2007, 05:55 PM
When the pattern says Leave rem sts unworked. 12 hdc. 2nd row: YOW
Do they want you to crochet 12 hdc or is that a reference for how many sts there should be? I'm completely screwed up here!! I thought this little baby sweater would be easy

Riss
09-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Is that how it states it exactly?

As it reads, you're going to leave the last 12 hdc unworked. You're then going to turn your work and continue.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask. Hope I was of some help... :)

remclave
09-08-2007, 06:17 PM
When the pattern says Leave rem sts unworked. 12 hdc. 2nd row: YOW
Do they want you to crochet 12 hdc or is that a reference for how many sts there should be? I'm completely screwed up here!! I thought this little baby sweater would be easyAs there is a period after "unworked" it means that you should already have 12 hdc on the row just completed and that any remaining stitches in that row will remain unworked. Then you proceed with the instructions for the 2nd row.:-P

:doh: Hmmmm. Let me say that the 12 hdc is the reference for how many sts there should be.

EssenceRose
09-09-2007, 08:35 PM
It sounds to me like it's telling you how many stitches there should be (ie 12 half double crochet stitches)... and to leave the rest unworked and continue on to the second row.

mathwizard
09-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Without the original pattern, you can have two answers there are 12 hdc for total stitches or 12hdc that are not worked. I did a pattern for a flat pineapple angel and there were many stitches left not worked and then I turned the piece and continued crocheting.
It is really a good idea that you copy exactly what is confusing and then we can see exactly what the problem is.
How is the piece coming?