PDA

View Full Version : It's gonna get a KICK in the fat bottom!!

EssenceRose
09-03-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm getting rather annoyed at this fat bottom bag. I just cannot get it right! I've ripped out the "fat bottom bag" probably about half a dozen times (if not more).

Maybe I'm just using the wrong yarn?? I mean, it's heavy worsted (not light worsted) yarn and I'm using a 5.5 mm hook.

*sigh* I'm also working on the granny's no square bag, so I think I'll just finish that before attempting the fat bottom bag again.

lissie
09-05-2007, 05:11 AM
What sort of problems are you having with it?

italianchildhood
09-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Maybe you could reinvent it to be meant to be what it's turning out to be?.....

knitqueen
09-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Sorry that it hasn't been working out for you. Is it that herringbone stitch you're having trouble with? It gave me some troubles at the start too. I also found working with the non-stretchy cotton fairly frustrating.

Let us know what we can help with!!

EssenceRose
09-09-2007, 08:32 PM
I think perhaps I just haven't found the right yarn/cotton for it... ?? I dunno. The hhdc is quite tricky to do... I can't seem to catch the yarn with my hook to pull the first loop through.

So far I've tried it with 2 different yarns and I'm just not getting it. I think I might try one more time and REALLY work on it. Now that I've finished the other bag, I have nothing to distract me. LOL