PDA

View Full Version : What knitted item do you use the most?

Jints
09-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Apart from socks and dishcloths, what have you knitted recently or in the past that you have had the most use out of.
For me it is a classic plain V neck jumper,
and close second, a Lapghan.

Silver
09-04-2007, 05:34 PM
My aran afghan. It's used almost every evening.

feministmama
09-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Aw jeez, I was gonna say socks. I'm in the process of making a lapghan like Ingy made though. And I think I will use it everyday in winter. Hows that?

brendajos
09-04-2007, 06:53 PM
my scarves... as soon as it gets the least bit chilly i pull the scarves out and wear them like crazy. i have a silly hat that i made for when it is really cold too. it was knit big enough that it doesn't do HORRIBLE things to my hair (though i don't get too worried about that most of the time) and it looks silly enough that it makes me giggle to wear it. :teehee:

Ingrid
09-04-2007, 06:57 PM
I used to not wear scarves. Then I knit one and realized how much of a difference it made. Now I wear one all day in the winter since the building where I work is chilly and having my neck covered is heavenly.

I also wear my sweaters all winter.

dustinac
09-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I made these (http://www.drgirlfriend.com/fingerless%20gloves.html)fingerless gloves last year and wore them a lot... and the Calorimetry (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html)from knitty...I also made Danica in (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTdanica.html) Paton's sws and that is my favorite scarf...

Braden
09-04-2007, 07:25 PM
In the summer- a light afghan I made a few years back. In the winter-all my sweaters, heavy afghans, wool socks, and scarves. But the thing I use most in the colder months is a felted coat I did 3 years ago. I love that thing, it's so warm.

jodstr2
09-04-2007, 07:33 PM
my FT clogs and several spiral lace hats.

noejusti
09-04-2007, 07:50 PM
I keep several of my sleeveless cotton sweaters on frequent rotation throughout the year. And after I made the New York Jacket from Vogue Knitting (it is a pattern from 2 years ago), I wear that as soon as it is chilly enough out to wear. All of my afghans (which are mainly crocheted) are used frequently; whether it is cold outside or if my husband cranks up the air conditioning.

I really want to make Danica from knitty.com, but I have too many projects lined up right now.

v.

Shandeh
09-04-2007, 07:58 PM
The only thing I have knit for myself is socks, so that's what I use. Everything else I've made has been given away. Well, except for the ONE cotton sweater I finished. I wear that all the time in the Spring and Summer.

PrisKnits
09-04-2007, 08:07 PM
It's defintely my purple shawl that I wear at work, because like a lot of offices in the summer, it's actually colder than it is during the winter. I always get compliments on it, too. It was fun to knit and so, I am planning on doing a couple more!

Jax3303
09-04-2007, 08:13 PM
honestly, I use my socks the most, but other than that it's my Starsky sweater and my Clapotis.

Ingrid
09-04-2007, 09:06 PM
With warm weather here, I forgot about clogs! I live in them for months. In fact, I have to knit my third pair since I wore through my first two.

Julie
09-04-2007, 09:48 PM
For me -- my Lucy Bag. I hadn't carried a purse in over 15 years until I made it. I just :heart: that bag!

For my girls -- their merino earflap hats. They've worn them constantly during the last two looong winters, and I get comments on their hats everywhere we go. :)

gems3125
09-05-2007, 01:29 AM
I use my Scarves and knitted caps the most.. :):cheering:

wehewes
09-05-2007, 05:37 AM
:cheering: I LOVE my neck cozies in the winter...i wear them inside instead of a turtleneck...here in vermont it does get chilly even in the house...so far not sore throats andyway...lol
ellie

DQ
09-05-2007, 06:53 AM
I've not knitted much yet. I suppose the item in most use at the moment is the cover I knitted for our SatNav.

AnnaT
09-05-2007, 07:22 AM
My cat uses the little wool blanket I made for him the most. :teehee:

HollyP
09-05-2007, 07:30 AM
My FT clogs hands down. I live in them during the winter.

marykz
09-05-2007, 08:53 AM
my bags/ purses (I'm a bag junkie). I also made some pretty coasters for my desk that I use every day. then I have the shawl my Mom knit for me that I wear a lot. I have some cup cozies in frequent rotation. Some for coffee, some for cold glasses of tea.

cftwo
09-05-2007, 09:27 AM
I use a knitted dishcloth that someone else made for me quite often. Of things I've made for myself... a crocheted afghan, probably. Winter scarves come next.

Songbirdy
Well, I knit for other's more than I knit for myself.

My slippers are most asked for.
My kids and husband go through several hats and scarves a winter. I've stopped knitting scarves as it annoys me that they loose my hand kints so frequently. I've had my scarf for 4 years. The hats tend to stay around long enough that I don't mind knitting them.

debinoz
The "stained glass" afghans I made for DH and DS. They use them year round. I've made absolutely nothing for myself.

Sanibelle
09-05-2007, 09:30 AM
For me it would be the felted bags I have made for me and my friends. I use mine all the time and so do they. They are fun and fast to knit and they turn out really cool.

In the winter I love my scarves. Not only do they keep me warm but they can really dress up an outfit as well.

Robinknits
09-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Booga bag! Carry it every day!

msoebel
09-05-2007, 12:48 PM
My hats. I :heart: hats, and I :heart: knitting them, so it works out really well for me.

My dd gets a lot of use out of her heart pillow, and in the winter, her leg warmers (we live in Michigan, so she wears them every time she wears a skirt when it gets cold).

Misty

jodstr2
09-05-2007, 07:39 PM
oh DUH jodi... I forgot I use my felted bubble bags a lot. like, every day.:doh:

dreamsherl
09-05-2007, 08:28 PM
I have a multi colored hat that I wear all winter. It's the only thing that I have knit for myself. I knit mostly for my family.

amishgirl281
09-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Well, i think it's a tie between the blanket that I made (i sleep with it almost every night) and my dark mark purse that I bring everywhere.

cookworm
09-06-2007, 12:04 AM
My shawls. I use them every day--in cold air conditioning during the summer as well as in winter and cool fall and spring days, and I have one that I specifically wear to bed too.

ArtLady1981
09-06-2007, 04:32 AM
I'm in with Silver. My cozy-wozy Red Aran Afghan. Haven't used it much in summer...but...very soon now, it will be used every day! And evening.

Nobones
09-06-2007, 04:59 AM
For me it's my arm warmers that I made in 'Noro'. I am very cold all of the time, and these keep my wrists nice and snug so I've been able to do MORE knitting! Which can only be a good thing!

OMG! How could I forget the 2 things that are used every day! My first scarf and a small blanket I'd knitted for Buffy when we first got her. She has the scarf curled up on a side of the blanket as pillow and whenever she snoozes, she's on that blanket. Aren't I a good mummy?!

hob
09-06-2007, 05:43 AM
when i was 6 my mom made me a blanket and i have used it all most every day since then(im just about to be 22) cloud9im a very cold person so i used to steal my brothers one as well.:) things that i have made? my slippers i use every day and my scarf when its cold(like i said all ways cold lol)

JGM
09-06-2007, 09:22 AM
I use my iPod cozy every day.

chillawilla
09-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Hats, mittens, and my balaclava. I backpack/hike all four seasons and never leave home without something suitable. Even summer nights get cold at altitude.

rachejm
09-06-2007, 10:38 AM
I use scarves a lot, rather fortunate as thats all I'm currently brave enough to try knitting. I like to wear my scarves in lectures at Uni cos the A/C is on constantly so even in summer its freezing!