PDA

View Full Version : What the?

misstialouise
09-05-2007, 04:13 AM
Hi! <sheepish.wave>

Ok.. I've had PC issues, so have been re-re-building my PC and trying to get it to function properly.

I come back this evening hoping to start a funky KAL.. and I find threads of ppl leaving????

I don't want to resurge the drama, as it's obviously all over (kinda) now... but DON'T LEAVE!!!!

:( KH was my one forum that had no drama and everyone played nice... I don't know when or why that changed but... <sad.tia.here>...

I don't know what to say/do... I've noticed a couple of my friends are now gone.... and although I lurve everyone ;) ... I feel torn. I don't want to leave.. I love it here.. or I did... :(

Please reassure me there's still lots of love here!!

zazzu
09-05-2007, 06:06 AM
I come back this evening hoping to start a funky KAL.. and I find threads of ppl leaving????

I don't do KALs, so I missed the goodbye threads. But I did see a long thread on another popular knitting board lamenting about how many members had left. Strange. :shrug:

Maybe it's just with school starting or people getting ready to just generally "refresh and renew" in the Fall that's keeping them off the board(s)?

All boards have their dramas - goes with the territory. But, there's love too if you're open to it. I hope you're not too worried. :)

blueeyes28
09-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Apparently I misseed something and I was here all along I only know of 1 lost member what threads were you referring too?:??

iza
09-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Well, if you go in the blog threads, you will understand better. But some blogs were deleted, a lot of the discussion was deleted as well, some members were banned and many others just left. So to understand what's going on, the best is to ask Amy and Sheldon I suppose. :shrug: Or to just let it go and hope it's over. :pout:

Silver
09-05-2007, 08:33 AM
It was a great big mess that started over a lot of misunderstanding, too much speculation, and a betrayal. I think people were hurt on both sides and it just ended very ugly with people leaving. :verysad:

I am pretty upset about the whole thing and now that everything has been brought to my attention, I feel like a fool for not being a better mod. I'm pretty much emotionally spent and don't know what to do anymore.

I hope people can just let it go. It was a mess that is really best just left alone. The good thing is that it can only get better from here, and hopefully future issues will be dealt with more efficiently.

misstialouise
09-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Okay.. I do love it here, so I will be sticking around.. :D

I don't want to bring it all back out.. I'm sure I'll get the story eventually.. but pls.. would prefer it PM'd or emailed.. don't want to raise the dead, IYKWIM...

<kisses>!!

iza
09-05-2007, 08:49 AM
:hug: Don't be too hard on yourself Silver. We all appreciate the work all the mods are doing, and we know how difficult it is, with the forum being so big!

I think you're absolutely right. Better to let it go and move on! :grphug: Some people left but new members are joining us every day. Let's focus on that!

blueeyes28
09-05-2007, 08:49 AM
OH wowEnough said.Your a great mod Silver don't be so hard on yourself.

dustinac
09-05-2007, 10:00 AM
misstialouise~I was wondering where you had been...great to see you posting!!!

Silver~ :hug:

auburnchick
09-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Hmmm...I'm so lost! I certainly hope none of my threads contributed to whatever drama transpired.

I love this board and all of y'all!

Nice to see you again, my friend!

jjminarcik
09-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Silver, I think you are a great mod!!!!

Silver
09-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks everyone. :hug: I wasn't fishing for compliments though. Just feeling kinda bummed about the whole thing. I'll be ok though... :heart:

Jan in CA
09-05-2007, 04:40 PM
I been frazzled and weepy all day over this and could use a hug.. :shifty: Not fishing for pity here, I'll get over it.:teehee:

Nothing is really solved by leaving so I hope we can just move forward from here. KH is really a great forum with so many wonderful people! Everybody knit something and share it! Woohoo! :thumbsup:

Silver
09-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Here's a great big hug for you Jan!
http://img217.exs.cx/img217/5036/pophugbyzappe1ak.gif

;)

iza
09-05-2007, 05:09 PM
:roflhard: This is a very... powerful hug Silver. Hilarious!

Here's a traditional one for you Jan. :hug::teehee:

Jan in CA
09-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Hehe.. Love that hug, Silver. I feel all squishy now... :teehee: Thank you, Iza! :hug:

Ingrid
09-05-2007, 05:18 PM
:grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::muah::muah::muah: :muah::muah:
Still plenty of love around. . .let's keep fostering it.:heart:

How's that baby, Tia?

RachelJean
09-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Jan and Silver....:muah::grphug: :hug:
you're doing a great job, as are all the mods. I think KH is still a terrific place.

scout52
09-05-2007, 05:48 PM
I wasn't on this weekend so i'm completely lost as well. but i think you mods do i great job and I hope no one else leaves. I think this place is great. it took me a long time to find this place where i can share my joy of knitting with you wonderful people so PLEASE NO ONE ELSE LEAVE!!

great big hugs to you all :muah::muah::muah::muah::muah::muah:

knitqueen
09-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Since we're spreadin' the hugs around....

:grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug:

Jan in CA
09-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Thank you everyone! You're the best! :grphug:

auburnchick
09-05-2007, 06:48 PM
but i think you mods do i great job and I hope no one else leaves. :muah::muah::muah::muah::muah:

Ditto!

:hug::hug::hug:

Jeremy
09-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the support, truly.:aww:

Lady Violet
09-05-2007, 07:48 PM
misstialouise, THERE YOU ARE!!! :hug: i've missed you and your snood! (that's what that is in your avatar pic, right? i love those things. :wink:) there's still loads of :heart: to be had here on the forum.

Silver, don't beat yourself up. i think you're an incredible mod. :cheering: and on top of it, you're a mom and a sock goddess. you can't obssess over KH 25 hours a day. no, that's not a typo. now go relax and pet your sterling some more. cloud9

Lady Violet
09-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks everyone. :hug: I wasn't fishing for compliments though. Just feeling kinda bummed about the whole thing. I'll be ok though... :heart:

i can't imagine any of our mods ever fishing for compliments. but you DO deserve them. we definitely don't give them enough. i appreciate everything all of you do, and you make KH what it is.

:muah: I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!! :muah:

bobi1218
09-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Just goes to show you can't please all the people all the time! Mods, you do a great job, don't let a few bad apples (or just unhappy apples) get you down :)

letah75
09-05-2007, 09:58 PM
I would like to add my thanks and :heart::muah::hug::grphug: to all of the mods, and to Amy and Sheldon! I have gotten so much from KH, whether knitting help, or a smile that brightens my day....it's all been such a wonderful experience.

Sometime people part ways, and its sad (I still have no idea what happened as I don't really visit the blog section), but it happens.

Mods are her to moderate not referee and I for one (and obviously others agree) believe you all do a wonderful job. KH is still the nicest place on the web, and one of the most inclusive and inviting places I've ever been a part of. The hearts of the people who post/lurk are some of the biggest around. To me this community is like a family...all be it large and geographically spread out.

There will be some problems, but those will be few and far between. I hope no one leaves, and I hope that there will be no hurt feelings anymore. But if there are please remember life is full of ups and downs, you just have to embrace the ups, and ride out the downs....you can't get bogged down in negativity, you have to let it slide off or you'll never be happy.

I :heart: the mods and the people who are KHers. I have had much joy brought into my life, and met some of the MOST wonderful and forgiving people on this forum. I can't imagine anything that would make me give you guys up!!!

Well I'm off to :knitting::knitting::knitting:

:muah:

DotMom61
09-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Just goes to show you can't please all the people all the time! Mods, you do a great job, don't let a few bad apples (or just unhappy apples) get you down :)

And in defense of those who have (or will be) leaving, I'd like to add that you shouldn't assume they're "bad apples." There were many misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Just because someone is leaving doesn't mean they are "bad."

Ingrid
09-05-2007, 10:14 PM
No one who is leaving is bad by anymeans. Things happened that lead to confusion and hurt feeling. A real shame.:pout:

And they didn't leave because KH is bad--we're still here with the same heart and attitude.:muah:

misstialouise
09-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Wow.. prolific little bunch, aren't you??

It's good to see you all too!

Bubba is good, almost one!! (Can you beleive it????) And he's HUUUGE!! Eight teeth (with another four cutting), almost walking and on the verge of associating himself saying "mumum" and "dadadad" with DH & I.. WOO! :D

I'm about to start Weight Watchers, because I desperately need help with my weight. I've tried going solo, and well, with running around after DS, and doing our perpetual spring clean, I just can't get my head around everything all at once. So I'm reaching out (and forking out) for help :D I'm pretty keen to do the annual 14k run in August next year, so once I drop about 20kgs I can start training :D

Other than that, am just trudging though every day... y'know... one emotion at a time :D

Jan in CA
09-05-2007, 11:05 PM
You are right, Julie (dotmom). No one is bad, just ready to move on for new pastures.

Silver
09-06-2007, 08:37 AM
And in defense of those who have (or will be) leaving, I'd like to add that you shouldn't assume they're "bad apples." There were many misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Just because someone is leaving doesn't mean they are "bad."
This is not only a good point, but a very important one at that. I don't believe anyone are bad apples. I understand why people left. I'm not angry at any of them, I'm only saddened by it. I truly wish I could have donned a cape and tights and been a Supermod hero and said something poignant and important to make people reconsider leaving a place they loved so much. But that is a stupid, unreasonable fantasy, I know. People leaving probably had nothing to do with me at all. But that's how I felt. Which is why I took this whole thing so hard.

I do feel better now though. Everyone's love and support really means a lot. I think it's good for all the mods and admins to see because we've all been feeling pretty beat down and exhausted. Thank you all for the support! :hug:

cindycactus
09-06-2007, 08:52 AM
I don't know what I would do if I couldn't start my day with a look at the KH boards. I love it here. I think everyone involved with this site do a wonderful job. Keep up the good work.:inlove: I get the best advice here.

Sanibelle
09-06-2007, 09:08 AM
I missed it too so I have no idea what happened but I have to say that this is still my absolute favorite web site. I am constantly amazed by all the love and support from all the members here. I am always touched by how much so many people care about people that they have never met IRL but yet I always know that if I need a hug or a smile I can come here and get that. I have belonged to other online knitting sites and I have never felt that like I do here.

I am sorry that some people have chosen to leave but I know that the people that are still here will continue to provide the love, support and help that has always been here.

And to Silver, Jan, Ingrid and all the mods - we do appreciate how much time and effort you put in here to make this board as great as it is. And to Amy and Sheldon- I am sorry and I hope you realize there are still so many of us that love it here.

Stonington
09-06-2007, 09:09 AM
I don't know what I would do if I couldn't start my day with a look at the KH boards. I love it here. I think everyone involved with this site do a wonderful job. Keep up the good work.:inlove: I get the best advice here.

I agree! You all keep me company during the day here at work. And the support!!! :woot:for knitting and non knitting questions is fabulous!! I just can't say that enough. The mods do a great job :hug: this site has grown and grown.. it is amazing that you can keep up with it all. Thank you.

anne

Denise in Michigan
09-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Letah75 & Sanibelle, you have truly expressed what we're feeling right now. Thank you!:grphug:

debinoz
09-06-2007, 01:35 PM
* I interrupt this thread for a JMO comment. No replies necessary.*

Some/most of the disagreements on this forum are because we don't really know the other people posting or we put the emphasis on the wrong part of the left comment.
Let's take the "apple" comment for example. She said, "a few bad apples (or just unhappy ones)" Instead of zooming in on the word "bad", why didn't someone just say they thought it was the unhappy part or whatever feeling they thought it to be? No, the poster was more than likely made to feel horrible for the choice of the word and if it had been my comment, made to feel about 2" tall. My opinion is that we all take the time to read and re-read and read again if needs be to see if the poster really intended any harm. Also, I personally read through my reply several times before submitting it to see if it may be misconstrued. (Like this one may be.) The world would be a better place if we could live without misunderstandings, but that's not possible.

*I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread*

Jan in CA
09-06-2007, 01:42 PM
That is a great point, Debi! Rereading your posts to see how someone else might see it is something we all should do as well as rereading other peoples posts before we assume the worst. :thumbsup:

Another point I'd like to make is since we can't see faces when communicating this way we can't see facial expressions which communicate a lot. That's one thing that using the smileys do to help. This doesn't always work if it's used incorrectly... adding a smiley to a rude post for instance, but they are certainly helpful in addition to rereading. ;)

PurlyGyrl
09-06-2007, 01:56 PM
:yay:Good point, Debi and well said!

DotMom61
09-06-2007, 09:16 PM
* I interrupt this thread for a JMO comment. No replies necessary.*

Some/most of the disagreements on this forum are because we don't really know the other people posting or we put the emphasis on the wrong part of the left comment.
Let's take the "apple" comment for example. She said, "a few bad apples (or just unhappy ones)" Instead of zooming in on the word "bad", why didn't someone just say they thought it was the unhappy part or whatever feeling they thought it to be? No, the poster was more than likely made to feel horrible for the choice of the word and if it had been my comment, made to feel about 2" tall. My opinion is that we all take the time to read and re-read and read again if needs be to see if the poster really intended any harm. Also, I personally read through my reply several times before submitting it to see if it may be misconstrued. (Like this one may be.) The world would be a better place if we could live without misunderstandings, but that's not possible.

*I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread*

I'm not sure how I could have responded in a more diplomatic way and still get my point across.

I responded to the "bad apples" comment because saying something like that is going to unfairly leave the impression that the people who left were troublemakers. They're not.

Most of you here, unfortunately, don't have the whole story. You need to leave it alone.

I realize that almost nobody that's posting in this thread knows me, but if you did, you would know that I would NEVER do anything to hurt anyone here, and I am certainly not one to focus on the negative or express anger in a post. So, you have to know that I'm serious enough about this to actually be saying something. I'm not going to sit here and allow false impressions to form about people I care about. People I know *personally*, whose faces I have seen in person; people I've spent time with.

I said what I had to say as diplomatically as I could.

And, quite frankly, not everyone was "ready to move on."

Susan P.
09-06-2007, 10:11 PM
debinoz.. Isn't it the case that you have potentially done yourself what you are critiquing?

For my part, none of us - none - is perfect. We all make mistakes of response, of interpretation and in our wording. We each can inflame an issue or act to pour oil and how we decide to act should not, to me, be a response as to whether we know a person or not. I suspect most of us respond on issues against our moral/ethical/belief platforms. I also think sometimes we could simply concede we may have worded something not in keeping with our intention and just say that.

Some of you who are now soothing debinoz (and I am not saying that is wrong) were quick to respond favourably to dotmom61's comment - and now away. Rather than sliding back and forth - and in the doing of that potentially alienating back and forth - isn't it as equal a response to simply suggest that sometimes we may use a word in a context others may object to and that as writers we are bound to sometimes cause offence.

Obviously giving the benefit of the doubt is important but when people are busy and moving rapidly through forums issues arise. There are also many cultures here and some people's English is not optimal either (not that this was an issue here but it counts across the whole forum).

I've been a mod and know how hard it is - it really is because you ARE human and you WILL have your own strong views on something and those can be very difficult to leave behind. However, to my mind mods needs to position as much as possible right in the centre and work to save face for both sides of an issue.

Forums often have subtle ways of isolating a person and that is something to be avoided.

Kaydee
09-06-2007, 10:17 PM
I've been staying out of this but it seems like its just getting out of hand. Personally I really think we just need to let this issue die. Things happened, and none of us who weren't involved can really know the whole story. Its sad that people on both sides had feelings hurt because I'm sure that was never the intentions of anyone. But what happened, happened and that's that. I just think its time to move on from the issue.:shrug:

suzeeq
09-06-2007, 10:28 PM
That's probably the best idea, Kaydee, thanks.

Susan P.
09-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Kaydee.. I'm not sure it's getting "out of hand" but I respect you feel that way and that sensitive people may also. I do concede there is certain sensitivity here. This is now a partially new issue of course from whatever happened which I was not a party to and have no idea about.

I noted another poster suggesting if something is still being discussed it's not dead and not over for some or many. I largely think that true. I suspect what is on some people's minds now is how to prevent a future recurrence. How can we each and all as a community embrace difference and how can we deal with that? These issues keep arising again and again and have certainly done so in this OT forum. I think most of this is about admitting error and accepting difference and how we may word expressions. That's never going to be perfect but my hope would be that no matter any hurt caused that individuals can talk decently in other topics. Some folks (and not here per se) seem afraid of disagreement and I'm not sure why. I would have thought that expected and natural.

Susan P.
09-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Oh well LOL Just know if you pretend its over its generally not :)

Ingrid
09-06-2007, 10:32 PM
One way we can avoid problems in the future is to PLEASE let a mod or admin know if there is a problem developing somewhere, anywhere. Also, if you get a PM that's upsetting, PLEASE let us know.

Apparently there were things going on for a while that we were unaware of. We will try to be more diligent, but your assistance is so very much appreciated.:hug:

Braden
09-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Will do!

Susan P.
09-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Good idea Ingrid. I do agree that trouble is often brewing and can be brewing behind the scenes and no-one really knows. I also think if you know you are going to send what could be construed as a contentious PM to someone that it can be a good idea to forward a copy to a mod and flag what you have done and the issue - conceding of course you are only telling one side of the matter.

debinoz
09-06-2007, 11:12 PM
I would like to apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings, especially dotmom's. It was not my intention. I was merely pointing out the benefits of carefully reading the posts. I certainly do not pick sides, since I clearly don't know any of the people involved. (Hehhe, I don't know anybody, world's biggest loner) No one is "soothing" me as I have not been injured. Again, apologies to all and from now on will DEFINATELY keep my opinion to myself.

Susan P.
09-06-2007, 11:23 PM
debinoz.. You have a quirky sense of humour :) Soothed..such an english word don't you know. There's no need to keep your opinion to yourself and I think that would be a shame. People need to accept opinion differences but again, as writers, we need to accept different responses - not like them maybe but not be surprised if they appear :)

"Bad apples" struck a few in a way you appear not to have intended. That's to me simply an example where a writer needs to clarify and/or concede the phrasing was not best. Doesn't mean you don't offer another opinion ever. I've seen many posts from you and if this is the only stray one to date..you're doing VERY well! :)

debinoz
09-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Everytime someone says "bad apples" that stupid Jackson5 song plays in my head. ;) (I know... not funny. Sorry.)

Susan P: Also to clarify, I was not the original user of the phrase in this thread, I just used it as an example.

My sense of humor is a little different. DH says when I'm trying to be funny I actually sound like I'm totally serious and terribly bored.

I guess I am doing okay on the post count. One out of 547 isn't too bad!

Susan P.
09-07-2007, 01:01 AM
I am smiling at DH's comment as I know exactly what that is like. I tend to have a really dry sense of humour at times but I visited a physio the other day and a couple of times I said..now, now, no sarcasm please..and he wound up saying even his wife finds his humour too sarcastic.

Ok, I hear you on the issue of perhaps not being the original user of the phrase "bad apples"..so..on those lines..
"To anyone who used the phrase, repeated the phrase, knitted it, embroidered it or made it into papier mache! please reconsider such phrases in the future lest you are sent to bob in the KH apple barrel!" :)

Has anyone ever had to do that? I tried it once and I have NO idea how you actually grab an apple with your teeth as it bobs about!! Is it just lucky if you locate a funky ribbed apple or something?!

Limey
09-07-2007, 06:02 AM
Hi

How many KH members are there? Three thousand perhaps, scattered around the globe, who all have the opportunity here to express their (sometimes very strong) opinions, views, hopes, wishes and regrets.

Think it's a bit unrealistic to expect that there won't be conflict and there are bound to be times when 'things get out of hand' - and what gets 'out of hand' for one person, who personally dislikes conflict, is to someone else just expressing an honestly held, straightforward opinion.

As long as people aren't using terms of personal abuse, I don't think it's wrong to say exactly how you feel, no matter how much others take the opposing view.

The last thing I would want here would be for someone to feel inhibited about expressing their opinion for fear of treading on someone else's toes and not playing 'Happy Families'.

There's no justification for going out of your way to wind someone else up or be obnoxious (no matter how much you believe they may deserve it)- on the other hand, I don't subscribe to the 'Let's all be friends and anything unpleasant, disagreeable or controversial shouldn't be mentioned, because it only causes trouble.' rule of the road.

Let's cut each other some slack and remember, it isn't the end of the world if people get on your wick or you get on theirs. We're human and therefore are all fully-paid up members of the Awkward Squad.

All the Best

blueeyes28
09-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Well said Limey.

annomalley
09-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi

The last thing I would want here would be for someone to feel inhibited about expressing their opinion for fear of treading on someone else's toes and not playing 'Happy Families'.

There's no justification for going out of your way to wind someone else up or be obnoxious (no matter how much you believe they may deserve it)- on the other hand, I don't subscribe to the 'Let's all be friends and anything unpleasant, disagreeable or controversial shouldn't be mentioned, because it only causes trouble.' rule of the road.

Let's cut each other some slack and remember, it isn't the end of the world if people get on your wick or you get on theirs. We're human and therefore are all fully-paid up members of the Awkward Squad.

All the Best

Very well said, Limey.

I used to belong to a forum that subscribed to the "Let's all be friends and anything unpleasant, disagreeable or controversial shouldn't be mentioned, because it only causes trouble" rule and it had the complete opposite effect from what was intended. This "policy" was in place because the site admin was a very insecure person who could not handle constructive criticism and wanted to be queen bee to stroke her own ego. If you were in the minority opinion, you basically had to keep your mouth shut. If you expressed your opinion, it was either deleted or the "in crowd" ganged up on you and pretty much ran you off the boards. And this was over a children's book series, too. :shrug: Instead of having a place where people could get together and talk about these books we all loved, it was a lot like high school or a soap opera, with backstabbing and cattiness and a lot of really stupid stuff going on. You had mods there who really shouldn't have been mods. They liked to throw their mod status in your face, and the site admin let them do what they wanted and she usually had no clue as to what was going on at her own site. If you tried to bring things to her attention, you were basically ignored because she didn't want anything to upset her little paradise on the Internet. I ended up leaving that forum because these mods and their little clique of friends really did something bad to a friend of mine and I wouldn't stand for it. I lost some friends I had over there over this, but it was more important to me to stick up for a friend who did not deserve to be treated like that, than not to rock the boat. The other friend was more of a friend than the friends I lost over this. Ironically, this site got started because the site admin was run out of a different site pretty much in the same way her "minions" ran my friend out, except she was run out because she couldn't respect the fact that people had different opinions than her. They got sick of her telling everyone they were wrong for having their opinions.

I don't know really what went on over the weekend. I saw one post about it, but other than that, I really don't know what happened. I will say that this is one of the nicest forums I've ever been on. The mods here are very good at what they do :cheering:and when I've asked questions, the people who answered were very helpful. Thank you for making this a nice place to hang out. :muah:

PurlyGyrl
09-07-2007, 09:17 AM
I see now that no matter what we say or what we do, it can be taken the wrong way. Yes, I agreed with Debi in Oz about how HARD it is to express "tone" in a written message and that if you just focus on one or two words you may not get the "intent" of what one is trying to say (and I'm sure I expressed that badly, too!) With my agreeing with Debi, I absolutely did not mean to cast any slur on the members who have left. I do not know them personally and I know I'll NEVER know the whole story of what happened--not any of my business really. I just know that I'm very sad at whatever happened, very sorry that people got hurt and I'm upset that THEY are upset. I apologize for any hurt feelings I may have caused--that was not my intent.

DotMom61
09-07-2007, 10:51 AM
I would like to apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings, especially dotmom's. It was not my intention. I was merely pointing out the benefits of carefully reading the posts. I certainly do not pick sides, since I clearly don't know any of the people involved. (Hehhe, I don't know anybody, world's biggest loner) No one is "soothing" me as I have not been injured. Again, apologies to all and from now on will DEFINATELY keep my opinion to myself.

First of all, I never intended for you to feel like you should keep your opinion to yourself, Deb. I do NOT subscribe to that philosophy.

My main point was that there are people who are no longer here to defend themselves; the original poster doesn't know them and shouldn't be referring to people they don't know as "bad apples." I'm sure it was an honest mistake & wasn't intended to make anyone feel bad, but -- as I said before -- I'm not going to let a mistaken impression form. I think I'm justified in doing that.

Please know that I am not a controversial presence on this board. I have been here for a very long time, and I think I can say that I have a reputation for being level-headed and reasonable. I rarely reply to posts that give me a pause because I *do* believe that people are entitled to their own opinions. I hope you can see how this instance was different.

I, too, am *extremely* sad about what has happened here on the forum; it has always been a very accepting place, and I'm proud to say that I was here in the beginning to help foster a culture that allows people to be themselves.

Some of the people who have chosen to leave are dear friends of mine. I've spent many hours talking with them and with Amy to try and make sense of all this, and to hopefully get things headed back in the right direction. If that's going to happen, I think it's important for us to respect the people who chose to leave because most of us don't know both sides of the story.

Now ... let's all have a group hug and agree that no feelings were intended to be hurt in the production of this thread. :grphug:

Jan in CA
09-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Excellent points, Limey.. Considering the number of people in the forum we have very few issues that come up.

I would also like to say that it's not always easy being a mod. No matter what we do in heated situations we can't please everyone. Please know that we do our best. :hug:

BTW... there are over 11,000 members registered with more coming every day. HOWEVER, there are probably less than 1000 active members (meaning those who post regularly). Depends on how you sort the criteria, but that's probably a good estimate.

Limey
09-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Julie, DotMom, said:-

"Now ... let's all have a group hug and agree that no feelings were intended to be hurt in the production of this thread." :grphug:

Group Hug!!?? Group Hug!!??- Goodness - I say there! Yes, you, Gels .. steady on and all that .... keep the noise down, please!!!!

Great Aunt Hetty is taking a snooze before dinner - don't even like to imagine what she'd say to this Group Hug business at all. Well, really! In her day, a firm handshake and a letter of introduction were required before one could borrow so much as a cup of sugar. ;)

Would just really like to say that I'm very glad if things are getting 'sorted'.

Thanks as well for the info. Jan, and I do take your point regarding being a Mod.

All the Best

Ellie

LoAnnie
09-07-2007, 03:04 PM
I will admit that I have no idea what happened to start all of this, but it is my opinion that usually this is a very civil forum. I've been on other forums where when I posted a thread, I was almost immediatly attacked. The reasons for that are unclear, because it may have just been differences in culture. But here, I always feel welcome to state my opinions, and it would be a shame if that were to change. There have been a few more disagreements in the past few months, but I think that is to be expected with the growing numbers, and I believe the mods do a tremendous job sorting these things out. If there is no way we can make ammends with the offended parties though, we must all just let go of any resentment and hard feelings, because it will just keep us going around in circles. I love it here, and I hate to see when there are any major issues between fellow members. Let's just remember the place we love, and keep it that way.

LoAnnie

DotMom61
09-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Julie, DotMom, said:-

"Now ... let's all have a group hug and agree that no feelings were intended to be hurt in the production of this thread." :grphug:

Group Hug!!?? Group Hug!!??- Goodness - I say there! Yes, you, Gels .. steady on and all that .... keep the noise down, please!!!!

Great Aunt Hetty is taking a snooze before dinner - don't even like to imagine what she'd say to this Group Hug business at all. Well, really! In her day, a firm handshake and a letter of introduction were required before one could borrow so much as a cup of sugar. ;)

Would just really like to say that I'm very glad if things are getting 'sorted'.

Thanks as well for the info. Jan, and I do take your point regarding being a Mod.

All the Best

Ellie

Thank you, Ellie. I needed that. :wink:

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable with this: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/dotmom/Emoticons/hifive.gif

jeanius80
09-07-2007, 11:15 PM
:shifty:i think the suggestion of sending a PM to a mod would be great, if it was eaiser to do. i think when we go to send a PM, there should be an easy access list of mods who are currently signed in. I sent a PM to silver today, for some help. she was the only mod i could think of at the time.:shrug:

Jan in CA
09-07-2007, 11:25 PM
At the bottom of the forum there is a list of active users and I see a mod list.. do you? Not sure if that is a mod thing or not. :??

:shifty:i think the suggestion of sending a PM to a mod would be great, if it was eaiser to do. i think when we go to send a PM, there should be an easy access list of mods who are currently signed in. I sent a PM to silver today, for some help. she was the only mod i could think of at the time.:shrug:

jeanius80
09-07-2007, 11:35 PM
nope jan... the only place i can see a list is if i click over to who's online. it used to show up when i first get to the forums, but never when i am in a forum or thread.:??
At the bottom of the forum there is a list of active users and I see a mod list.. do you? Not sure if that is a mod thing or not. :??

suzeeq
09-07-2007, 11:37 PM
It's only at the bottom of the individual forum pages. At the bottom of the Index page, it gives the names of all the people logged in, but doesn't differentiate between Mods and us.

jeanius80
09-07-2007, 11:39 PM
thanks! i knew i saw it before, but couldn't recall where... now i feel sheepish!
actually (for me) it shows ppl logged on in one box and mods in a seperate one.

suzeeq
09-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Well that's okay. I mean who thinks to go to the bottom of the page anyway? All the new posts are at the top!

Susan P.
09-07-2007, 11:44 PM
DotMom61. Bit hard when there's no icon for a butler carrying a silver tray with a card on it isn't it. :)

I'm with Limey in that albeit I do use the group hug one from time to time, I'm also up for a handshake icon :) I often shake hands here and recall a time when women rarely did it.

Jan in CA
09-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Oh good! I wasn't sure because mods may see something else. Now we know! :thumbsup:

DotMom61
09-08-2007, 12:55 AM
re: contacting the mods ... you can also use the "Report" button, right Jan?

DotMom61
09-08-2007, 12:58 AM
DotMom61. Bit hard when there's no icon for a butler carrying a silver tray with a card on it isn't it. :)

I'm with Limey in that albeit I do use the group hug one from time to time, I'm also up for a handshake icon :) I often shake hands here and recall a time when women rarely did it.

Well, I guess I thought since it was a *cyber* grouphug w/ no actually contact, it might not be so bad. :teehee: I'll just keep in mind for the future: grphug . :wink:

Jan in CA
09-08-2007, 02:11 AM
re: contacting the mods ... you can also use the "Report" button, right Jan?

The report button is for things where there is a problem like spam or a possible heated discussion problem..that sort of thing. The message would go to all admin and mods. So more serious stuff that involves posts I guess because the report button goes from posts. :think:

If your problem is minor like the videos don't work, your smileys are freaking out, you can't remember the name of the pattern one of us suggested then contact a mod directly.

You can also contact us for a problem with another member or something like that. When you are sending PM's you can also send to multiple people.

I could be missing something here, but I think I got it all..

Does that help? :hug:

Limey
09-08-2007, 05:44 AM
Julie (Dotmom) wrote:
"Perhaps you'd be more comfortable with this: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/dotmom/Emoticons/hifive.gif"

Susan:-

"DotMom61. Bit hard when there's no icon for a butler carrying a silver tray with a card on it isn't it. :)"

Julie, dear, is that strange little two-headed icon thing, what's known as a "Hay Fave?" How Quaint!

Susan, I was sooooo glad to hear that the Antipodeans know how to shake hands - most gratifying to learn that some form of culture (at long last) has reached your shores. I'd been lead to believe that things hadn't progressed much beyond hurling tubes of Fosters at one another.

Horrors! What a pandemonium last night - I doubt Aunty Het will ever be the same.

On her way to dinner, she just 'happened' to catch a glimpse of these pages through her pince nez and promptly came over all unnecessary and had an attack of the vapours.

So much so, that we had to send for Shivers to administer a quick snifter. He was much miffed, not to say Put Out - Friday is his Nate Orf and he'd been busy playing poker in the Pantry with the parlourmaid.

We don't like to upset him, he's been with us for an awfully long time (almost a whole month now).

Ah well, duty calls ... must take Sam Pup for his morning constitutional. :wink:

All the Best

Susan P.
09-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Limey,

I like your post however rather than a goldie coldie at the rubbedy dub I would much prefer a room somewhere, far away from the cold night air with a drin' a wa'er an a li'le bi' of breab wiv a bi' of bu'er on i' cos i ta'en tha pledge.

Some of us convicts do have class donchaknow!

Noaw?

Caveat Emptor Aurora Australis

Limey
09-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Limey,

I like your post however rather than a goldie coldie at the rubbedy dub I would much prefer a room somewhere, far away from the cold night air with a drin' a wa'er an a li'le bi' of breab wiv a bi' of bu'er on i' cos i ta'en tha pledge.

Some of us convicts do have class donchaknow!

Noaw?

Caveat Emptor Aurora Australis
_
:yay::roflhard:

Sorry about that China - On your Todd with Uncle Fred and Johnnie Rutter. Hope your Pineapple Chunk is cozy.

Gone fer a Ball of Chalk wiv the arrers to the rub a dub for a tumble dahn the sink.

Fryin Pan givin' it norf an Sahf and Dog and Bone won't leave me alone.

Get a Ruby Murray or a Basil Fawlty for me Tommy Tucker.

TTFN

DotMom61
09-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Ahhhhh!!!! I'm lost!!! I need a translator!!! :pout:

Julie, dear, is that strange little two-headed icon thing, what's known as a "Hay Fave?" How Quaint!

It is, indeed, Limey. But we say "High Five!" :teehee:

Susan P.
09-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Yer Dog and bone won't leave yer alown? Turn it orf gel and don' be a burke or arl av to come rown and give you me best and meenist butchers.

Reken the seppos naow wot we on abaht? I shood wotch meself or I mite wind up lownlee as a country dunny! Doan make me larff no more as i may av to change me reg grundies! At least I'm no' a bloke and don't av to watch me plooms!

Susan P.
09-08-2007, 11:41 AM
And those here who do speak in strine accents would probably say:

Igh Foive!

Limey
09-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Ahhhhh!!!! I'm lost!!! I need a translator!!! :pout:

Originally Posted by Limey http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/images/ca_serenity_purple/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?p=955755#post955755) Julie, dear, is that strange little two-headed icon thing, what's known as a "Hay Fave?" How Quaint!

It is, indeed, Limey. But we say "High Five":teehee:

Translation: China = China Plate = Mate
Uncle Fred = Bread
Johnnie Rutter = Butter
Pineapple Chunk = Bunk

Ball of Chalk = Walk
Arrers = Darts
Rub a dub = Pub or club
Tumble down the sink = Drink

Frying Pan = Old man (hubby)
North n South = Mouth
Dog n Bone = Phone
Ruby Murray = Curry
Basil Fawlty = Balti

While it's you, Julie, I'll give my normal translation fee of a pony the elbow.

Susan P.
09-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Ahem.. I am adopting a different view and not giving away MY language trade secrets.

:)

Susan P.
09-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Well..apart from saying what we mostly did was typical rhyming slang of which there are cockney and Australian versions etc.

Limey
09-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Ahem.. I am adopting a different view and not giving away MY language trade secrets.

Seein' that you're an Aussie, I'm not too sure anybody would want 'em. :teehee:

Susan P.
09-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Capillamentum Ellie? Haudquaquam conieci esse!

Translation: A wig Ellie? I never would have guessed. :)

DotMom61
09-08-2007, 12:28 PM
:roflhard: What does it say about me that I understood the "reg grundies" part. :lol:

:psst: Oh, and Limey, a technical bit that might make quoting a bit easier for you:

If you click the "Quote+" button on the posts you want to reply to, when you finally click the big "Post Reply" button on the bottom of the page, all of the quoted posts will show up in your post. Or maybe you already knew this and prefer to do it a different way. :shrug:

Susan P.
09-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Good for you :)

I can never get the quote thing to work. I often only want to quote a para only and can never seen to achieve it. I have tried highlighting and then clicking on the option and it still fails. I just copy and paste and save time. Same difference to me albeit the quote is not so easier seen.

Limey
09-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Susan:

I can never get the quote thing to work. I often only want to quote a para only and can never seen to achieve it. I have tried highlighting and then clicking on the option and it still fails. I just copy and paste and save time. Same difference to me albeit the quote is not so easier seen.

Same here - one time that I used a quote button, I ended up replying three times but I'll give it a bash, later, Julie and see how I get on - I must admit though talking to Susan, who's usually upside down, is enough to make anybody dizzy.

Speaking of which - Oi! What's with the barnet bit? Don't mind that though as long as you lay off the 'ampsteads and the mincies - and you're welcome round the drum anytime.

Susan P.
09-08-2007, 12:44 PM
I was just thinking Julie how language seems to either come naturally or it doesn't. I remember in high school being given some sheets of Chaucer's original language and with little exception I could just read it. But learning a second language was a real battle for me and I didn't pursue.

Anyway, you can be an honorary Aussie and before Ellie makes a crack - be aware Ellie, I have phrases cocked and loaded and ready :)

Susan P.
09-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Why, whatever do you mean Ellie? Lil ole boll weevel me has NO clue.

I will give the quote thing a shot now as I head for the land of nod.

Susan P.
09-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Susan:

Same here - one time that I used a quote button, I ended up replying three times but I'll give it a bash, later, Julie and see how I get on - I must admit though talking to Susan, who's usually upside down, is enough to make anybody dizzy.

Speaking of which - Oi! What's with the barnet bit? Don't mind that though as long as you lay off the 'ampsteads and the mincies - and you're welcome round the drum anytime.

Yes, I see this here now but I've always rejected this as I don't generally want to quote the whole post. I wanted the central one and couldn't just bring that forward on its own.

Susan P.
09-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Susan:

And to be boring, I just tried the other option to just copy the middle para and it doesn't work. So, for ,e a copy and paste is easier aside from needing to indicate it's a quote.

Susan P.
09-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Sings..as I was a'goin to Barnet Fair...tra la la la..tra la...

suzeeq
09-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Yes, I see this here now but I've always rejected this as I don't generally want to quote the whole post. I wanted the central one and couldn't just bring that forward on its own.

I find the cut and paste easier, too, but you can click on Quote and delete everything but what you want to reply to.

Jan in CA
09-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I can never get the quote thing to work. I often only want to quote a para only and can never seen to achieve it.

No matter what you want quoted you need the quote tags around it. Using the quote button puts them around for you, but if when deleting the part you don't want you accidentally delete a tag just add it. If you want to quote something after you've already started posting you can copy and paste and then type in the quote tags around it OR you can first click on the quote icon above and put the text between the tags or you can type the text and then click the quote icon. If you quote this way it won't have the persons name, but you can add that by using the equal sign next to the first quote and then put the persons name. This goes inside the [].

Limey and Susan are speaking another language!Limey and Susan are speaking another language!

Limey
09-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Many thanks for the quote instructions Jan but I'm being clobbered with koala bears poppin' up all over the place. I'll have a bash at it in the morning. Thanks too, Julie and Suzeeq for the help with the quote button.

I'm gonna - I mean - I'm going to let Susan climb up her gum tree and get some kip - sleep.

All the Best

Jan in CA
09-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Many thanks for the quote instructions Jan but I'm being clobbered with koala bears poppin' up all over the place.

:noway: :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Susan P.
09-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Strike a light! - copy and paste is easier than that operational code book that came across to me like a choose your own adventure (as long as you remember all the parts!) :) I do appreciate you taking the trouble to explain however. I'll stick to copy/paste and assume most readers are smart enough to understand a quote indicated as such.

Limey, you HAVE heard of the Dropbears haven't you? Now, you wouldn't want THAT particular species of koala to drop on you at all....arrgggghhhhhh!

Susan P.
09-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Limey said:

"I'm going to let Susan climb up her gum tree and get some kip - sleep."

Hey man, do you have any idea how totally, like totally, cool these gum leaves are. Chew on a few and wow man I am back in the 70's. :cool:

Jan in CA
09-09-2007, 01:19 AM
I'll stick to copy/paste and assume most readers are smart enough to understand a quote indicated as such.

:teehee: Well all you have to do in that case is put the tags around it. Very simple just add these around the text

[ QUOTE ] [ /QUOTE ]

without the spaces. ;) But yes, we are all dang smart bunch!

Limey
09-09-2007, 05:03 AM
Hmm -

If you highlight just a para of text from a previous reply, why does it copy the whole toot?

If someone's posted a lengthy reply, you end up over the daisies with surplus rabbit. I find it better on the old minces to copy & paste -and lemon squeezy.

Susan P.
09-09-2007, 05:14 AM
Me too and saying "Limey said:" is less keystrokes than the quote unquote thing. Then again is you have a nick like salomeofthesevenveilsandi'mthegoodlookingone, the q/unq would be quicker. I reckon change the coding and allowing for a highlight, click on a button and new post selection and away you go.

Ackterly, if you quote whole posts it adds screeds to archival demands on a system and rarely does one need to quote a whole post but I betcha that's what most people do cos it's eezy peezy double breezy *suck of thumb*.

Susan P.
09-09-2007, 05:16 AM
Forgetting mince pies for a moment..I'd love to get the mitts on a fruit mince one. Love them.

Limey
09-09-2007, 05:49 AM
Well,

If you're Tooting Beck, do the rubber duck only don't let them kingdom come.

DotMom61
09-09-2007, 06:00 AM
Ok, then, mates ... I propose another method of quoting that shouldn't ruffle your grundies too terribly but will make your posts a might easier to read ....

See a post you want to quote? Highlight the part you like to keep, paste it into your new post, click the little button above where you're typing that looks like this http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/images/editor/quote.gif, and presto chango, the block of text looks like this:

Ackterly, if you quote whole posts it adds screeds to archival demands on a system and rarely does one need to quote a whole post but I betcha that's what most people do cos it's eezy peezy double breezy *suck of thumb*.No extra typing necessary! :blooby:

(how'd I do w/ my feeble attempt at British-flavored Aussie slang? ... :shifty: bad ... I'm sure! :oops:)

Limey
09-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Mornin' Julie

Fanks for the Anneka Rice but it's still a bit rabbit 'utch.

Your David 'ockney is Robin Hood but our grundies are getting reesty.

DotMom61
09-09-2007, 06:33 AM
Well, I'm not quite sure whether you liked my method or not :wink: ... but I would think that highlight, paste, click and Bob's your uncle ... you're done. :shrug:

(ha! didn't expect that one, didja?)

Limey
09-09-2007, 07:01 AM

Which one?

DotMom61
09-09-2007, 07:09 AM

Which one?
:pout:

"Bob's your uncle" .... I was so proud to pull that out ... :verysad: ... oh well.

ETA: Incidentally, I *should* have said "highlight, copy, paste ... "

Susan P.
09-09-2007, 07:14 AM
I ad ahn uncle 'arry wonce. :)

Well Julie me ol mucker, I don mine the method but what was confusing about this method I use?

Julie said:

"i'm a dot mum"

And then commenting. Truly, what is confusing bout tha?

Baht, 'preciate the tip.

Susan P.
09-09-2007, 07:17 AM
By the way chums, chaps and muckers, we ARE talking English. What we are talkin is not a foreign langwage; its dialect forms of English just like you US folk speak dialect forms of English. Aven't eny of you read phonetic language expressions in your fiction books?

Susan P.
09-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Aim practicing the techniques don't you know.

I'm Dotmom (http://www.ravelry.com/people/Dotmom) on Ravelry.com (http://www.ravelry.com/), too.

I doubt this will work because I followed the technique and the Q/Unq things are at the end but let's see. Maybe it's because I didn't copy a post as such tho that shouldn't matter.

Susan P.
09-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Nope. Trying again. I have highlighted and am about to paste and click on button:

Well, I'm not quite sure whether you liked my method or not :wink: ... but I would think that highlight, paste, click and Bob's your uncle ... you're done.

Nope (albeit it looks correct but please read on). I could see it wouldn't work. The missing step was that you have to highlight, paste, highlight again and then click on button. If you don't highlight the second time it won't work.

Team effort on this one. :)

Susan P.
09-09-2007, 07:35 AM
The shortfall Julie is that there is no reference to whose post it was. An eminently sound idea and good for you for suggesting it but its nice to know whose post it being referenced so I would have to write it anyway. No? yes?

DotMom61
09-09-2007, 07:53 AM
The shortfall Julie is that there is no reference to whose post it was. An eminently sound idea and good for you for suggesting it but its nice to know whose post it being referenced so I would have to write it anyway. No? yes?

Well, you can remedy that, too. Let me see if I can explain it a little more clearly.

When you highlight the portion that you want to be contained in the "quote" box and click the http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/images/editor/quote.gifbutton, you will get a set of tags around the text that look like:

[ QUOTE]blah blah blah[/QUOTE ]

:psst: please note that the additional spaces inside the brackets are there only to prevent this from actually appearing as a quote.

You can then edit the first quote tag to read:

[ QUOTE=Name of Poster or whatever you want]

Of course, this whole process is somewhat simplified by using either the Quote button (if you're only quoting one post) or the Quote+/Post Reply button combination (if you're quoting multiple posts) and deleting any text within the quoted text that you don't want to include. :wink:

:shrug: Have I helped or confused?

Limey
09-09-2007, 07:56 AM
I'm too much of a Luddite and it's become very ingrained to use "This and this" as I spend a good deal of time writing and using direct quotation marks.

Sorry about the "Bob's your uncle" Julie. I just assumed it was a UK import from a while ago and was in common usage. (Not that there's anything common at all about your usage.)
I just didn't clock it.

I'm going down the frog and toad to get a Sunday linen draper. Back in a bit.

Susan P.
09-09-2007, 08:00 AM
You're a right you beaut sheila with explanations you are DotMom.

No, you clarified very well, however, do please share with me why my method was confusing. No holding back, I'm genuinely interested. The name and copy with quotation marks around it is correct referencing and was in place LONG before the fandangle of the internet software forum applications swooped in. Is it just that people are getting so used to the frame around the text that they're not understanding if it's not used? I have a comment at the ready so give me your best shot :)

Susan P.
09-09-2007, 08:01 AM
While yer musing I will try:

Of course, this whole process is somewhat simplified by using either the Quote button (if you're only quoting one post) or the Quote+/Post Reply button combination (if you're quoting multiple posts) and deleting any text within the quoted text that you don't want to include. :wink:

Susan P.
09-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Hmmmm

Susan P.
09-09-2007, 08:02 AM
blah woof bark and throw out the leads...

Well, you can remedy that, too. Let me see if I can explain it a little more clearly.

Susan P.
09-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Do that and no frame anyways (US dialect)..this is becoming an ironic comedy routine. I KNOW! DotMom is a talent scout and she's running me through something for a new reality show:

"Dweebs Online"!

LOL

Limey
09-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Julie wrote:

"...and deleting any text within the quoted text that you don't want to include." :wink:

AkA Surplus rabbit

DotMom61
09-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Oh my :doh:

and :roflhard:

I think I just gave up!! :roflhard:

First of all: Susan, you forgot the "=" between QUOTE and DotMom, and that's why the frame wasn't showing.

Secondly: I *do* think people are becoming used to the quote in frames, and when it's not there -- at least for me -- it takes me a minute to sort out the post.

Finally: Limey, I respect your Ludditeness ( :?? my word :teehee:) ... I think we could all benefit from a bit more of that!

Oh!! And re: "Dweebs Online!" Ding ding ding ... I'm the winner!!! :teehee:

suzeeq
09-09-2007, 10:07 AM
The easy way to get the quote set off with the person's name, is to click Quote and Post Reply (not the quick reply next to the quote button). Now the whole post is in there, but you just delete the parts you don't want.

Jan in CA
09-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Here's the problem with this particular attempt at quoting.. The text that is red...

Of course, this whole process is somewhat simplified by using either the Quote button (if you're only quoting one post) or the Quote+/Post Reply button combination (if you're quoting multiple posts) and deleting any text within the quoted text that you don't want to include.

you need the = sign between the word quote and Dotmom.. and it looks like this...

Of course, this whole process is somewhat simplified by using either the Quote button (if you're only quoting one post) or the Quote+/Post Reply button combination (if you're quoting multiple posts) and deleting any text within the quoted text that you don't want to include.

You're making this way too difficult for yourselves. :teehee:

misstialouise
09-09-2007, 04:57 PM
You're making this way too difficult for yourselves. :teehee:

I agree.

I hit the quote button and edit the quote.. :D

kellyh57
09-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Talk about a thread going completely off the topic! At least it's in the other direction this time! At least, I don't think this thread is making anyone mad enough to never come back again!

Kelly

misstialouise
09-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Yeah... my thread got hijacked.. LOL.. but at least it's helping ppl ;)

Jan in CA
09-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Yeah... my thread got hijacked.. LOL.. but at least it's helping ppl ;)

:teehee: There's only so much one can say about it now, so it's probably best to move on, be happy, knit and chat. :hug:

Susan P.
09-09-2007, 07:56 PM
I think Limey and I did a fair job in bringing some humour to a tense issue. I'm sure some of you appreciate that.

In terms of the quotes.
I for one am quite content with the system I have always used and that I intend to keep using. I am sure anyone here who reads newspapers knows what a quote looks like with quotation marks around it.

kellyh57
09-10-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm not complaining! I just thought it was funny how things go so far off topic. Many times it leads to unhappy ending, but this is completely opposite!

I really feel sorry for the person who read the first few pages, and then skips the middle to come up here and see all the funny talk and how to quote!

Kelly

Jan in CA
09-10-2007, 02:00 AM
I think Limey and I did a fair job in bringing some humour to a tense issue. I'm sure some of you appreciate that.

In terms of the quotes.
I for one am quite content with the system I have always used and that I intend to keep using. I am sure anyone here who reads newspapers knows what a quote looks like with quotation marks around it.

No one minds at all, we were just trying to help. :hug:

PurlyGyrl
09-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Of all the things I expect to happen in this thread, rhyming Cockney slang ain't one of them! Thanks to Susan P, Limey and Dotmom too for the giggles. :teehee:

:hug:

Limey
09-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Hi PurlyGyrl

Glad to know that you got a 'at and scarf out of it.

Susan P.
09-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Ta very much also ma'am *tugging the forelock*. :)

jeanius80
09-11-2007, 07:17 PM
:rofl: limey and susan you guys, i think, just became Abbott and Costello of kh ;)

Susan P.
09-11-2007, 07:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEaKjRyPjVY

debinoz
09-12-2007, 01:03 AM
I LOVE that routine!! It still cracks me up! Thanks Susan!